24- Small Blue Valley Spring (3)
302 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shing. Shing.

Gentle grating sounds continued in the darkness.

For some reason, Liu Xun could always feel calm as he sharpened his ax.

He could feel the imaginary joy that his weapon felt as if he were grooming a pet like his neighbor's cat.

It was like their interaction time.

A sense of peacefulness washed him as he focused his mind on this repetitive task.

Push the blade. Draw it back. Push the blade. Draw it back.

Other's may find it a chore to maintain their weapons, but to Liu Xun it was one of the things he looked forward to ever since he was a child.

"I'm sorry that I have not been able to do this the past few days, there were too many things going on."

He muttered out softly as he glanced at his ax.

--

"Hmm, what are you doing there?"

Ting-ling-ling.

A gentle voice chimed out as the sound of a bell could be heard from his back.

!!

Liu Xun was immediately alerted as he quickly turned around and stood up with his ax placed in front of him.

The whetstone on his lap fell to the ground.

"Wait, wait. I do not mean any harm. Look, I have no weapons drawn, right?"

The figure behind said in a slightly panicky voice, her hands were raised up.

She was flipping her hands in and out repeatedly to show that there were no weapons armed on her slender wrists.

--

The moonlight slowly revealed the intruder's figure.

The gentle glow reflected against her soft silverish blue hair which cascaded down her shoulders to her waist.

The right side of her head had an ornamental flower resembling a red carnation.

On her left was a single braid that extended to the front of her chest, at its end was a single golden bell tied with a red ribbon.

The young lady appeared to be in her twenties, her youthful appearance along with her bright purple eyes, small nose, and tender lips was a sight for sore eyes.

Looking from above, she looked like a dignified princess from a foreign country.

Looking below, one would have a different impression.

The lady wore a white fur vest with fur laced epaulets and a short white fur skirt that revealed her belly button and thighs.

If any other woman had such an appearance, they would probably look either immodest or like a bandit, perhaps even both.

However, on this lady, there was a feeling of dignity and regality.

It was as if there was a slight misfit, but it did not contradict her entire appearance.

That lady herself seemed to not mind her dressing either.

--

Liu Xun, on the other hand, was really bothered by it.

He averted his eyes and looked back, then averted it again.

He could not let his guard down against a stranger in foreign territory.

But this was also his first time encountering such a bold sense of fashion.

T-that voluptuous chest hidden behind that tight vest, that open waist and belly button, those exposed thighs...h-how immodest!

Liu Xun's thoughts were in a mess.

He was in a mix between a state of alarm and a state of panic due to embarrassment.

I cannot take my eyes off her, what if she attacks...

But that dressing, it would be improper to stare...

It was a tough fight between his conflicting emotions before a compromise was reached.

Y-yes, I have to keep my guard up. I have to watch.her.every.move.

Liu Xun's expression was constantly changing by the flip of a switch as he was busy fighting his inner demons.

After a short while, Liu Xun decided to muster his courage as he faced straight and looked at the lady's face.

It was stunning.

He was at a loss for words yet again.

--

The lady chuckled lightly as she saw Liu Xun's wide display of expressions.

Liu Xun's expressions seemed to entertain her a fair bit as her head lightly shook as she chuckled, leading to the bell hanging down her hair to chime as she shook while suppressing her laughter.

"Puuuuh. You know you still haven't said a word yet, right?"

She said with one eye open as she placed her hand over her mouth as she tries to suppress her laughs.

The lady then regained her bearing as her emotions stabilized, she stretched out her left hand and place it on her chest.

"Nice to meet you, fellow cultivator, I am Millie."

The lady introduced herself in a dignified and proud tone.

Liu Xun felt a downpour of water flush down over him as his alertness was raised.

This is that new presence that detected me through the sign-in!

"Liu Xun. You can call me that."

He slowly but carefully introduced himself as his wariness levels were raised to the max.

--

The lady looked at the youth change in disposition and was lightly surprised.

"Hey, you don't have to suddenly get so tense and guarded in front of a lady. You won't be popular, you know?"

Millie teased him back as she gave a slightly seductive smirk.

She then took a single step forward, leaving there to be a short gap of three feet between them.

Liu Xun could feel sweat trickle down his forehead as he took a step back.

Millie then took another step forward with a calm yet teasing smile on her face.

Liu Xun took another step back...not.

Behind him was the rock that he was sitting from before.

Liu Xun started to panic even more now, realizing that he was cornered.

"M-miss, please maintain this distance. We can have a chat this far apart, can we not? It is more appropriate for man and woman to not be too close."

His words were slightly rushed and nervous sounding as he struggled to maintain an appropriate train of thought.

At this point, Liu Xun could actually point his ax towards Millie.

However, the lady still had shown no hostile intention and he felt it was unbefitting of him to display such hostility when he was unsure of the opposite's intention and strength.

Millie then placed a finger on her lips as she continued to stare at him.

"But......I think that it is pretty difficult to hold a proper conversation when we are thiiiiiis far apart. How about a step or two more?"

She continued in a teasing tone as her left foot raised and advanced another step.

"P-please, stop! I would not hesitate to call out for help if you move any closer!"

Liu Xun was at his wit's end as he began to mutter out threats.

"Oh, you are no fun. Alright! Alright! Let us talk like this."

The silver-haired girl raised both her hands up in concession before giving a light sigh and shaking her head.

"Right then, since I approached you. How about I start with a question?"

Millie pointed out as she raised her left hand with her index finger pointing up as she gave a light wink.

Liu Xun felt that her response was reasonable and gave a tense nod.

"So Liu Xun, may I know why have you and your group appear around these parts?"

"We are here in search of treasures, we were originally heading to another location deeper in the jungle. However, one of us had a slight premonition that there may be something valuable around these parts."

Liu Xun decided to give a large part of the truth.

Looking at how the opposing side currently bears no ill intent and chose not to ambush him despite being capable of doing so, he decided that it was best not to garner any ill will through falsehoods.

"I see. I see. Indeed, this place does have a few things that may appear precious to your group. Okay, your turn!"

Millie nodded in agreement with a smile on her face towards his response.

She then extended her right arm as if to welcome his question.

"Errr...may I know why has Miss Millie appeared around here?"

"Ohhh, a repeat question? No problem, I was just collecting some herbs. This garden is something that belongs to my clan, we sometimes come here to collect herbs and things when we require them."

She pointed out something pretty serious in a rather carefree tone.

It seems that Liu Xun and his party were the real intruders here.

It was already previously noted that the group noticed that the ravine was a traversed path.

"It is weird though, there is a concealment formation that prevents normal beasts from detecting the treasures in this basin, I wonder how did you all manage to sniff it out? Oh, that is not the next question by the way."

Millie asked herself in wonderment, before shaking her hands before her face.

Liu Xun was mildly charmed by the expressions of this lady, Millie.

From the way she looked to the way she acted and moved, all of these had stirred his current rampant emotions.

"Anyways, next question. I have noticed your group ever since you have obtained that Fairy Pearl Powder. Now then, I would like to obtain that item, care to trade?"

She said out with sparkly eyes filled with anticipation.

It seems that this was her primary intention of approaching him.

There was no reason to approach Liu Xun otherwise as there were more members in the party to question from, besides the fact that he was the weakest.

In fact, when the group was resting from before, Waner, as well as Senior Qin, was giving light glances towards Liu Xun. It seemed that this cosmetic powder held a great attraction for women and may not be that easy to obtain despite being a trash (grey) prize.

It is best not to antagonize her.

"If this lady really fancies this one's powder, why not you just take it. Here."

Liu Xun said out casually as he took the shell containing the cosmetic powder and offered it to the silver-haired lady in white fur robes.

"For free, really? Yippee, I am in a good mood."

Millie cheered out as she gave a juvenile smile and hopped in excitement.

She excitedly grasped Liu Xun's hand as she took the shell from him.

Liu Xun's cheeks slightly flushed upon having contact with the silver-haired lady's tender hands.

The soft touch of her hand...

Such a thought lingered in the depths of his mind.

Millie then withdrew her hand as she looked at the shell filled with cosmetic powder with glee.

She seemed to be very happy to receive this gift.

--

Millie then regained her bearing as she gave a light cough.

"It would seem inappropriate for me to take this without recompense. How about I escort your group around, I know some places which you might find some useful things. As well as the way around here, considering you have a destination within this Vermillion Ranges."

The silver-haired girl said out with a dignified tone, though most of that impression has been ruined by her momentary excitement.

Liu Xun felt complicated as he let out a cramped smile.

He would appreciate Millie's help, but he wondered how will the group respond to her presence.

This might cause potential conflict.

"If you are wondering about your group's response, don't worry! Leave it to big sister here! If they do not require help, I could always just go away."

Millie said out with confidence as she patted her voluptuous chest, causing it to lightly jiggle.

Liu Xun gulped at the sight.

This really is not good for my heart...

He then led the silver-haired girl back towards the campsite.

Now this is a rather Japanese-like coy interaction for a xianxia novel, right? Well this is the appropriate carefree persona for Millie, I hope you readers will not find it too bothering.

12