3 – Receiving donations
848 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liu Xun was in a foul mood. He could feel the rings of the crickets screeching into the depths of his heart as if they were mocking him.

What would he do to explain to his family what had transpired? Even his hidden cheat had been utterly revealed under every rock within 20 miles.

“Sigh, there is no point fretting over what is already lost. System, can you open the beginner package now? My heart cannot take any more of these surprises.”

[Opening Beginner System Package.]

[You have obtained a System Rulebook!]

[You have obtained a System subscription channel!]

[You have obtained compensation, 3x premium gacha talismans!]

“Oh, what is this? There are quite a few things inside. Compensation too, what luck! System, open the rulebook.”

[The System Rulebook is opened. Welcome to the System Rules! I am the one who has granted you this system. My Dao title is The Most Ancient One. This will also be the title that you would see on your subscription channel. This is another function I have given you to make up for the few defi-Er, I mean special functions in the systems.]

[The system was initially made to have a global announcement system but with no deadlines and better rewards. Why so? Because we are bored! However, a few modifications were made based on some recommendation from my old friends. Therefore, a trash section has been added to the gacha along with the minimum requirement of signing in once a day or face penalties! I have already made some concession with regards to this and added a few additional functions:

  1. System subscription channel – The great ones can view your channel and receive updates based on your actions. You need to activate it for it to work. If they are entertained, they may choose to donate system points or other items to you for your additional benefit! More subscribers, more profit!
  2. System store – you can use system points obtained through various methods to obtain resources in the system store, the type and prices of the goods fluctuate based on your current cultivation level. Treasures, techniques, pills, you name it, we have it!
  3. Gacha talismans - These talismans are special talismans that allow you to access the Wheel of Myriad Fates without activating the broadcast system. The cheapest premium ones cost 100 System Points. Use them wisely!
  4. Advice function – The system is allowed to give you certain advice but at the cost of system points if deemed valuable. Sometimes they can be found in other areas like this rulebook, other times not even in a million miles. Do not get scammed!
  5. Hidden functions – There are currently other functions either hidden or have yet to be implemented. I have all rights and reserves to adjust all current and future functions. Do not worry, I will be reasonable!

That would be all for now. Young Liu Xun, I hope you will perform great feats!]

Liu Xun took a deep breath.

That was quite a speech that was performed by the great one. It would appear that his fate would be at the whims of these great beings.

Liu Xun thought carefully about it, this exchange has not been the best or what he expected. However, this gave him an opportunity to rise to the heavens. He shall no longer lay low as a mortal woodcutter in a small secular family! He was made for bigger things!

“System, activate the subscription channel!”

[System subscription channel activated. You currently have 3 subscribers.

  1. The Most Ancient One
  2. The Peerless Jade Scabbard
  3. The Million Suns

You have previously received a donation before activating the system. Opening donation…]

 

The Million Suns is laughing at your mantou reward. You have been given a small pill (5 points)!

 

“Hmm, so I can get rewarded for my actions. This is compatible with my dysfunctional sign-in system.”

[The system is not faulty.]

Liu Xun rolled his eyes as he cannot be bothered with arguing with the system.

By this time, he had already reached the gates of his home. The house was small from the outside with five rooms housing his parents, elder brother and younger sister along with himself. It was already fortunate that there is a courtyard outside with a well as other less well-to-do families may have to share such luxuries.

“Mother, I have returned.”

The tanned middle-aged lady with black hair tied into a bun walked out of the main hall. She was dressed in a patched-up cerulean gown which was one of the gifts that she had received two years ago from her husband. Yu Wan was a commoner who married Liu Feng when she was 16. As Liu Xun’s mother, she had tide across both joyful and miserable moments in this family, proudly raising two sons and one daughter which were her biggest pride.

“Liu Xun, it seems you have worked hard today. Go and wash up, while I finish preparing dinner.”

“Yes, mother.”

As Yu Wan was walking into the kitchen, she tilted her head slightly after remembering one thing.

“I understand that you have received a windfall today. However, please remember to not lose our face by picking off food on the street that was an offering.”

Liu Xun froze on the spot, as he saw his mother walk away. He gave a helpless smile.

It was not my fault that I had to pick up a mantou. Well, I can’t be bothered to explain this.

Walking to the backyard, there was a bucket there attached to a rope by the well. Liu Xun took off his green robe and tossed it aside before drawing the water from the well.

The reflection of the water had shown the face of a 16-year-old youth with a chiselled face and body. His skin has long been tanned by the countless day he had been working under the sun as he cut and delivered lumber to the main Liu household. His sharp eyebrows gave him a rather scholarly appearance, unlike his actual disposition. His long hair that was also tied into a bun was released as it draped down by his side.

Liu Xun looked at his reflection as he slowly pondered, what should he do in the future…

Shortly after washing himself up, the young man walked to the dining room. Inside the room seated four people, two men and women. Or one girl strictly speaking.

The oldest in the room would be the robust man sitting at the centre with arms as thick as logs, messy hair and a short, ungroomed beard that may give of the appearance of a mountain bandit. The scars all over his body also boosted the impression of a ruffian. Yet, everyone out here in White Blossom County would know that Liu Feng was an impeccable gentleman despite his coarse look and behaviour.

Liu Feng had always offered to help those around him without seeking recompense, giving a very good impression of everyone that was acquainted with him. In fact, if he were not such a hopeless case in cultivation, the family would definitely not hesitate to groom him when he was younger.

On Liu Feng’s left was a young suave man who bore the look of a scholar. He was also dressed in a fine white robe and had a fan that was placed on the table. Liu Yuankai was the firstborn of this Liu branch family. He had been blessed with intellect along with some talent in cultivation. He had long been inducted into the Thousand Blossom Sect as an inner disciple. He was already at the 8th stage of Qi Gathering. Liu Yuankai may be talented, but he was still very humble. Despite being busy cultivating in the sect, Liu YuanKai will always find time to visit this small and comfy home. His proud and upright appearance is coupled with his humble yet graceful demeanour, leading him to be a source of admiration of countless young women and the envy of countless young men.

On Liu Yuankai’s left would be- nothing, as the seat was empty.

Pull-pull

As Liu Xun shifted his sights downwards where his pants were being pulled, he saw his adorable younger sister Liu Suyu. The treasure of this Liu family. Liu Suyu, the cute 8-year-old, looked up at her older brother with teary eyes.

“Elder brother if you are unable to find enough food, you can have Suyu’s mantou. Look, take this mantou.”

The little girl's hands stretched out, on it lay a small white steaming bun.

Liu Xun’s face immediately turned pale.

~~

On a certain channel:

MillionSuns: Puahahahaha, this is too funny! +1 +1 We got to give our poor boy more donations!

GreatAncientOne: You sure are getting a kick out of this huh. *smirk face* What happened to your cold eternal loli facade.

MillionSuns: Haaaah, are you looking for a fight again, Old One!? Let me scorch your beard again and we will see how ancient you will look!

PeerlessJadeScabbard: Calm down, the both of you. How about this, we can just donate Liu Xun a mantou (1 point).

Both: +1!

~~

The Million Suns is entertained! You have been given a mantou (1 point)!

The Peerless Jade Scabbard is entertained! You have obtained a mantou (1 point)!

The Great Ancient One is entertained! You have obtained a mantou (1 point)!

"These gods lack mercy!"

22