20- Western Jin Vermillion Jungle (2)
336 11 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liu Xun was alerted by Ruo Xue's panicked words.

He looked below.

A large pair of mandibles rose from the ground, the soil was thrown widely out as it emerged. The two fangs were surrounding his entire body, it had already risen up to his shoulder level. They threatened to tear him apart as the two fangs began to close up.

This is bad!

He thought to himself as he activated his movement art, weaving backward.

The mandible closed in with rapid haste.

Liu Xun panicked.

He could tell that he would not be able to escape in time!

He then swung out his arm and slashed his ax towards one fang.

Bang.

His ax came into contact with the ax, providing him propulsion away from the threat.

The force of the collision knocked him further back as the mandibles were filled with vigorous qi. The qi level was way beyond his comprehension level.

He barely dodged the ambushing strike!

--

The collision sent him flying ten feet backward as his body crashed onto a nearby tree.

He spat out some blood.

The blow dealt some damage to his head as well.

Blood could be seen slowly trickling down his forehead.

His vision started to get blurry.

Liu Xun could feel his remaining qi running rampant in his body. His muscles and bones ached out in pain.

The previous counter to the two spiders had already drained him significantly.

He was now completely exhausted.

His ax was also thrown in a different direction due to the impact.

It took almost all of his qi just to direct off the previous blow.

And it was only a glancing blow.

""Liu Xun!""

He could hear the distant cries from the two girls. They had worried faces but they were unable to help with this situation. They were only fourth stage qi gathering disciples.

His head was still giddy and his hearing was muffled by his fading consciousness.

"Damn, another one!? That is a freaking Essence Foundation Sanguineous Rupturing Centipede! Why did this have to happen now?"

He could hear a hoarse voice sound out from afar as a grey figure rushes over from the distance.

It seemed to be from Liu Five.

The large violet anthropoid rose up high above, standing at least 15-feet high. Its malicious face pointed towards Liu Xun as it rushed forward with open fangs.

Liu Five was still at least 30 feet away. It seems that he had just finished off the two spiders and is just starting to make his way over. He would not be able to reach on time.

Liu Xun could feel despair welling up...

He was facing an impossibly strong foe.

And that foe was coming right at him.

-

In his melancholy, Liu Xun felt his life flash before him.

It was like a revolving lantern.

He remembered the young youth who was chopping trees.

He remembered his renewed ambition.

He remembered his family's worried face.

No... I ...w-won't give... up.

He slowly inched his arm forward as he stretched out his hand.

System...Fire...ball...

Slow words echoed in his mind, as his consciousness slowly fades away.

His palm pointed towards the incoming beast.

The centipede continued to move closer and closer. It was like watching everything in slow motion.

By this time, the gigantic mandible was only three feet away from him, threatening to tear him apart.

Ta...

--

Suddenly, a huge white flash of light descended.

BAAAAASSSHHH!

A large explosion happened before his face.

A huge black back landed in front of him as the head of the centipede was smashed down to the ground.

The centipede was then knocked a few feet back with a strong punch by the black figure.

The impact had sent rocks flying as there was a big depression just in front of Liu Xun.

Liu Xun stopped

"You okay there, junior? You have done well to last this long, this one is impressed."

A young and spirited voice came out.

The large black-bodied person wore a straw hat above.

His back was really wide.

Liu Xun could feel a sense of reliability.

It was the Foundation Essence Corpse Cultivator, Xuan Tie.

But, wait a moment.

Liu Xun's head was in a mess.

That voice does not sound like Senior Xuan's, his voice was much older sounding than this.

"Hey, where are you looking at? Down. Look down."

Liu Xun strained himself to lower his head.

In front of him beside Xuan Tie was a white ball.

It had a red cap and beard.

Its two legs were thin as sticks.

Its feet were sharp claws.

It was a young rooster!

"A....t-talking...chic-"

"Don't utter that word! This majestic one will beat you up if you do!"

He was interrupted midway as the small white rooster spoke back.

It was only about over 1 foot high.

Liu Xun was at a loss for words.

He was already not in a proper state.

Now, a small cute little rooster says it wants to kick his dying corpse.

--

S-SCCRRRREEEEEEEE-

The large violet centipede rose its head up as it angrily screeched out.

It diverted its attention from Liu Xun and hurried tried to burrow back into the ground.

The ambush failed, time to retreat.

These were probably the words running through its mind as it dived headfirst towards the ground.

"Oh, don't you dare!"

A burst of flare smashed towards its heads.

The anthropoid screeched in pain as its body segments arced backward.

--

Shiiing. Shiiing. Shiiing.

Beams of light flashed from behind as they scorched the centipede's tough carapace.

"Roaring Saber Slash!"

A flash of silver appeared as the hoarse voice sound out.

Liu Five jumped midair and aimed at the eye of the centipede. His saber chopped down with swift motion, directly cutting deep into the centipede's eye.

SSCCCREEEEEEEE-

The centipede was both enraged and frightened as it looked toward the offender.

--

"Where are you looking at? Over here!"

The young voice sounded out.

The tiny white chicken suddenly appeared at the back of the centipede's head.

The violet centipede was surprised by the location of the voice.

It had not sensed a thing!

The small chicken stood on top of the centipede's head.

Its lone desolate back stood there as it raised its left wing.

It seemed to be calm as if there was no battle happening.

It then slowly lowered its tiny left-wing to perform a slash-like motion.

Shhhiiing.

A glint of white flashed.

The centipede stopped moving.

The battle was in suspense.

All movement stopped.

--

The surrounding Essence Foundation cultivators like Liu Five and Senior Gan were shocked still.

The centipede was motionless.

A thin white line could gradually be seen from the center of its body.

The arthropod was suddenly bisected as its body split into clean halves.

The two separated bodies then fell to the ground, causing a large dust cloud to rise into the air.

The little chicken was still above the centipede's head.

It gave a light sigh with its youthful voice.

It then jumped off the head of the violet centipede.

Slowly walking towards the large Xuan Tie who was guarding the injured Liu Xun.

The chicken then walked to Xuan Tie's back.

It then disappeared.

--

By this time, Liu Xun noticed a peculiar feature.

He was barely conscious as he observed the whole fight.

Previously when he noticed Xuan Tie, he noticed that the lid of the coffin was slightly ajar.

Now, the coffin was closed.

C-could...that chicken...be?

This was the last thought that rang into Liu Xun's mind as his eyes slowly closed.

He could now rest peacefully.

This chapter is shorter than the average length. It is a full-on action scene though. And no system notices to eat word counts! Finally, I can write an MC that experiences a great amount of powerlessness.

As much as I would like to make it sound fancy like a hundred mirrors, dozens of fireballs launching et. cetera, I would prefer to keep the power levels relevant and from the perspective of Liu Xun. Therefore, the readers can only see from his eye. Only a white flash and such. Other higher realm cultivators would probably have seen that 'large butterfly slash emerged from the white chicken's wing that streaked outwards curling around the centipede's body, bisecting it into halves as the body crashed to the ground'.

And I believe true cultivators are efficient, they will use as few spells for the greatest effects. If not, I could have extended the fight. No real word padding from me!

15