25.5- The Forgotten Eclipse (5)
275 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Muuuu....

Light breathing sounds could be heard.

A young man was traveling up a long flight of stairs.

On his back lay a young girl.

The young girl was in a light slumber as she wrapped her arms around the young man's neck.

Her green sleeves traveled down the front of the man's brown robe.

The man himself gave a slight look at the slumbering girl before letting out a small smile as he advanced upwards, step by step.

--

Thack. Thack. Thack.

It took a while before the last step was reached.

The young man let out a big sigh as he had finally climbed the long flight of stairs.

It had seemed to stretch over a thousand meters above as it rose from the base of the mountain to a region close to the peak.

The mountain seemed to stretch up above into the clouds as a faint white vapor could be seen in the surroundings.

In front of the couple was a large wooden gate spanning above ten meters.

The roof was bright green while the two surrounding pillars and walls coloured in bright red.

On top of the gate lies a large wooden plaque.

"Heavenly Jin Mountain Sect" was written on it.

This name as well as the gates gave an imposing presence towards all foreign cultivators.

It was the most famed sect in the surrounding countries.

Experts from all directions will gander the chance to pay pilgrimage to such a site in hopes of studying under one of the many masters in this sect.

This was also the aim for Leng Xueer and Huo Yanyi as the two traveled over five hundred li just to participate in the sect recruitment exam.

--

"Hello there fellow cultivator."

A short but concise greeting came from the front.

A guard dressed in green-scaled armor and helmet greeted Yanyi in a formal cultivator's salute.

The other guard present at the gate was standing at attention, ready to greet other visitors should they appear.

"Is fellow cultivator here for the sect recruitment exam?"

The guard asked.

Yanyi gave a strong nod as he glanced at the little girl behind his back.

"Yes, that is for the both of us."

He said in a confident tone.

"Oh, sir must be very brave and confident to dare to bring your daughter along. You must know that one may possibly lose his or her life even if this is just an entrance exam."

The guard replied with surprise.

"Yes, we understand the risks. And no she is not my daughter, she is a travel companion."

Yanyi began to correct the guard's thoughts.

However, this was a slight mistake on his part.

"Wait, what? Traveling companion? But you...and her..."

The guard looked over with a troubled tone as he switched his sights between Yanyi and Xueer.

"Hey, do not judge. We are just guards. Besides, I am sure you have also seen weirder shit that goes on in the sect itself between those old elders and other women."

The other guard mentioned in a nonchalant tone as he continued to look forward as though it was a common sight.

"Now that you mention it....but hey, you shouldn't let any of the elders hear your words."

"Don't worry, I have already checked my surroundings before saying that."

The conversation continued between the two guards.

"Hey, wait a moment! This is a misunderstanding! We are just travelers who met and journeyed together! There is nothing weird going on between us!"

Yanyi began to panic as he waved his hands in front of him.

Muuuuu~hmmm?

A light voice traveled from his back.

The tender eyelids slow raised gently as the young girl opened her eye.

"Yan-yi? What...is that noise?"

"Oh Xueer, you are awake! Please hurry and correct the impressions of these two fellow cultivators! They think we are dao companions!"

Yanyi's panicked voice sounded out as he tried to grasp the last straw towards salvaging his honor.

"Mmmmm~but...are we not companions?"

She said in a sleepy tone before falling back into her slumber.

Muuuu....zzzz

Xueer's light breathing could be heard from his back again.

Yanyi could feel the sweat run down his back as he slowly and stiffly turned his head towards the guards.

The two guards gave warm and understanding looks towards the young man.

"Don't worry, we understand fellow brother."

Both of them said in unison.

No, you don't!

Yanyi screamed inside his heart.

This scenery then faded into the distance.

You have seen a reminiscence of The Million Suns.

You have gained 1% proficiency in the Archaic Sun Aura. (12%)

12