17- The Vermillion Ranges (2)
333 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liu Xun slowly walked by a small stream.

The flow was gentle as the depth of the stream was barely ankle-deep.

The water was muddy and unclear. It was filled with impurities and did not seem drinkable as such.

This stream was only a short distance from the campsite which the other Liu Family members were residing.

He was confident that he could locate enemies from the distance considering how barren and open the area was. He could easily spot anything coming from a mile away. What is more, there was Liu Five at the campsite who was keeping guard.

He began to dig a pothole about three fingers deep.

It was to collect the muddy water.

He then started pouring all of the Red Nuo Monitor's blood from his blood-collecting gourd into the pothole filling it to the brim.

He had no reason to save any blood as the qi would dissipate over them and lower in quality.

It was best to use it on the spot.

He would be able to get more in the future as long as there were encounters anyway.

He then took off his clothes, leaving himself a pair of thongs as he began to cultivate in the pool of blood in a lotus position.

His lower body was submerged in the murky bloody pool as he slowly extracted the beast qi.

It was much stronger than the bear's blood from before.

R-roooooaaarrrr...

He could feel the savage beast qi coursing through his veins as it circulates past each meridian, making revolutions around his organs.

Considering that the beast's blood was from a lizard whose cultivation more than twice his cultivation level. A strong backlash was to be expected from such wild unrestrained qi.

However, since Liu Xun had already consumed the Red Savage Yang Root Dan which had coursed a strong amount of refined beast qi in his body.

This degree of wild savage beast qi was a bit difficult but still manageable.

He slowly circulated the savage beast qi as he looked at the sun slowly course through the sky.

Normally he would be closing his eyes while cultivating as it would allow him to have more focus.

However, since he was exposed to danger now, he had to be vigilant.

His thoughts began to drift.

Back to when he first obtained the system.

To when he went over to the main family.

To when the commotion happened at the restaurant.

To when he had his first hunt.

He chuckled to himself at how far he has gotten, despite it being only about a week since that fateful day.

There would be more of such journeys in the future I guess. I wonder how I would feel when I leave home...

Liu Xun's thoughts wandered as he stared at the distant sun roaming as it inched towards the distant mountains.

Cultivation sure is boring...

"W-What are you doing!?"

A panicked voice came from the distance.

A girl dressed in a light blue dress was there.

She was Liu Waner.

The girl who had her hair tied into two buns was covering her eyes.

What is her problem....oh.

Liu Xun was thinking to himself when he realized the situation and looked below.

His tanned and chiseled body was revealed to the surroundings.

The bare sight was probably too overwhelming for a young lady like her.

Well, I did expect such a situation might occur. Now that it has happened, I feel like I am a pervert.

Liu Xun would still do it any day though.

It was a valuable cultivating opportunity after all.

The girl hissed out like an angry cat.

"Why are you exposing yourself in broad daylight. Don't you know there are fair maidens around!"

"I am just cultivating beast blood, it is best absorbed via the skin. What are you doing here anyway."

"Oh, just cultivating beast qi...wait that is beside the point! Why do you have to be naked to cultivate! I wanted to take a breather from cultivating and all I got was a defilement to my poor eyes!"

Waner was fuming out.

She then hurriedly turned around as she was about to walk away.

She then stopped.

"Liu Xun, I am curious so why have you come on this trip. You are only a new qi cultivator. There is no reason to hurry and gain roaming experience when you have so many skills to master. Most of us had come because we could no benefit as much from staying in the Liu Family anymore. You sure seem like you could."

Waner herself was a qi gathering realm 4th stage cultivator, much like Langsheng, Muyue, and the other geniuses. She was slightly older being at twenty, just like Mushang. Her cultivation aptitude could be said to be inferior to the main few geniuses. However, she had been cultivating for around 3 years already. It was indeed time to gain some experience before she joined one of the sects in the future.

"Hmm." Liu Xun pondered slightly. "I would say it is primarily to gather beast blood. I need it for my cultivation. Otherwise, even if I am new I still plan on joining the sect recruitment exam in two months' time. The Thousand Blossom Sect only recruits once in five years, I cannot afford to wait that long."

That was indeed the truth.

At least a part of it.

The other would be that Liu Xun felt safer being in the wilderness by Senior Qin's side than in White Blossom City where there are many crouching tigers. What if he pulled another good item? He needed to be as safe as possible, he could not rely on just the Liu Family. And who knows if there is someone who has nefarious intentions in the family. Nowhere is safe with this system.

"Is that so. Well, we would be competitors by then. I won't be holding back. Just try not to be rash and put us all in danger."

The girl said with a tinge of arrogance after hearing his words.

Liu Xun remained silent, but he agreed with her sentiment. It was probably her own way of showing concern.

Waner did not ask any more questions.

She just left shortly afterward, leaving Liu Xun to cultivate in peace.

--

The surroundings started to darken.

Most of the beast qi in diluted in the water has mostly been dissipated or absorbed into his body.

The water was just a murky mess.

Liu Xun felt the beast qi coursing in his body.

It was like the feeling of a full stomach.

His body could not take in any more saturation of beast qi or it could possibly run rampant.

He stood up, took a piece of cloth from the cloth sack, and wet it with clean water before wiping himself.

Once clean, he dressed back into his robes.

Before heading back to camp, Liu Xun gave a last look and opened his mouth.

"Sign in."

[Congratulations Host Liu Xun for signing in at the “small stream in the Vermillion Range”. You have obtained the grey prize - a white thong!]

...

This damned system.

 

The Million Suns is enjoying your misery. You have been given a carrot (2 points)!

The Most Ancient One says it was a manly pull. You have been given a small pill (5 points)!

The Thousand Deceivers smirks. You have been given a mantou (1 point)!

Liu Ruoxue Affection -100

Liu Sanbo Affection -100

Liu Wubo Affection -100

Qin Yeqian Affection -100

Xuan Tie Affection +500

Gan Xinjian Affection -100

[Congratulations host! You have collected -50000 Affection points! You have been given the gift reward, 1x premium gacha talisman! Keep working hard!]

Oh...I also get milestone achievement rewards? Why had you not tell me about this before, system?

[The system has no reason to tell you that. The achievements are all classified. You will only know them when you get them.]

Tch! Stingy system.

Liu Xun did not bother about this anymore, he would hit the achievements as long as continued to sign in.

He then went back to the camp afterward.

--

The camp was quiet.

Everyone was cultivating.

The three Essence Foundation cultivators have also yet to return.

It was a moment of tension.

Considering they should have long arrived in the cave, they must have either found something or faced some trouble.

Still, would it matter if the group went there?

The Liu Family juniors would probably be either a burden or be sending themselves to their deaths.

Thus, the group decided to stay for the night and decide what to do the next day.

It was a long night.

This MC must have a huge tolerance for being dirty. I know I wouldn't be able to tolerate being in thongs in public and walking around with a dirty lower body. Getting busy soon, releases would slow down. Stockpiling chapters.

14