4 | Fee Gets a Call!
27 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tristan had been en route to the Harbor Docks to head out of town, only for her butterfly Fee to flutter in front of her urgently. 

Rapidly blinking, the young artificer stared at the blue and green fluorescent creature opened a small channel in front of her face. It looked like a single line, only for it to jump up and down when a male’s voice called out to her. 

 

To whom this may concern:

I am interested in this contract and am ready to take it at a moment's notice, though I must ask: Harbour Road is within the boundaries of the affected areas, yes?

Regards, 
Eochaidh O'Byrnei
Adventurer & Herbalist

Tristan watched the sound waves jump as he spoke. She was happy that someone had been interested in her supplied quest to the adventurer’s guild; but now she had to figure out how to speak back. 

She didn’t want to appear rude. 

“Oh! Oh, this is a strange occurrence! I didn’t think someone would speak out from Fee!” She stared at the screen presented to her, and realized the line was jumping when she spoke back. Good it was a two channel connection!  “Uh, yes Harbor Road was one of the boundaries affected in the earthquake! There happened to be a ton of things we salvaged from the buildings!”

She nodded, thinking of what other information she could present to him since he was the first to call her.

“If there’s something there that you’d like to help clear, I’ll be more than happy to pay you! I can head over to help too.” Tristan chuckled happily, and looked up to the street avenues marked. There was an arrow pointing toward the Harbor Docks. “Good thing you caught me before I left Sky Harbor entirely!” 

There was a brief moment, before the gentleman, the one she only knew as Eochaidh, started to talk to her once more. 

Tristan had to admit, the Queen did an excellent job with these butterflies.  They acted almost like sending stones, but of course had better parameters considering they could also show the entire quest board that the Adventurer’s Guild had posted.  

 

I see, I see. Hah, from your surprise I can infer that you are a new adventurer, yes? Rare to see newbies sponsoring quests. Ah well, it's no matter. 

There's no need to pay me, though I would appreciate the additional hand since I need to urgently clear out a shopfront with herbal supplies that the medical teams needs, quite direly- the owner has permitted me to recover them in his stead, so no worries about rightful ownership. Though, I might as well perform my communal duties by clearing out the rest of the rubble as well.

Anyway, set a time and location to meet up. I'll inform you when I'm there!

“Yes, In more ways than one—I’m kind of new to, well, everything! After the… I believe I overheard some of the craftsmen call it the World Shift—

He wasn’t wrong there… although she couldn’t quite tell people she died and wound up waking in a field of grass outside the Sky Harbor. And people were referring the strange black vortex that sucked them in and caused the earthquakes… but that was something everyone knew.

“—but anyway, after that happened I just decided to do what I could to help. I’m pretty good using my hands, and mending things.”

She had only the loan to keep her going, so she hoped that she wouldn’t take advantage of his kindness. Just to be sure, she wanted to double check if it was okay about not paying him.

“Are you sure you don’t want to get paid? I feel bad, maybe we can come to an arrangement if that’s not what you’re after!” 

She could tell at that moment this was an important retrieval, especially if he needed those remedies direly. Even though the man couldn’t see her, she was nodding her head in agreement. She grabbed her chin in thought as she thought back to the actual shop in question. 

“Oh! You need the ointments and remedies from the herbal storefront! Yes, I recall there being several storage containers we put to the side to protect them! I’ll be more than happy to assist! There must be people who desperately need those ointments!”

She turned around, facing the direction she just came from. Tristan guessed she was about 10 minutes away. 

I should be on Harbor Road in about 10 minutes today! I’ll see you there!”

3