Chapter 25
94 6 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Chloe)-The last stage of the exam will be the most demanding for you. Well, based on previous tasks and Victor's recommendations. We decided to challenge you.

(Ryo)-Chellenge??

(Chloe)-We have perfectly seen the strengths of your magic and its original and unusual variants. However, the last stage, which is fighting the monster in a controlled environment. It will be a challenge for you, because we chose a B-rank monster that is close to rank A. However, due to the fact that it is a monster fighting in herds, a single unit has only a high rank of B. However, it is much more dangerous because you don't have any rare information. and you are not prepared. Which can often happen when going deeper into uninhabited land.

(Ryo)-So what am I going to fight?

(Chloe)-The monster's name is Arachnoid, and that is the only clue. You have 10 minutes to regenerate mana, and our people will let the monster into the cage connected to the arena.

Before Chloe could sit down again, however, Ryo raised his hand and asked.

(Ryo)-Will I be able to save the monster's body?

(Chloe)-Hehe...Why should I?

(Ryo)-Yes ... sorry ... I shouldn't. However, if both ladies and Victor agree. I can promise you a new potion that I can create a monster. And additionally this question, if agreed. It will allow me to take a less destructive tactic as I don't want to damage the material. And in the event of disagreement, I would focus on killing the monster as quickly as possible. Without looking at the monster's body damage.

(Chloe)-A new potion ... May I ask you How?

(Ryo)-I can't say what? ... Because I have never seen or examined the body ... Arachnoid ... And before I could create anything out of it, I would have to examine certain parts of the beast's body useful in alchemy.

Chloe, he thinks ... It was expensive to bring this monster ... the monster itself cost several hundred gold at the auction. Under normal circumstances, she would have refused, but this is the Zangestus. She still cannot decode the potion even though she knows the ingredients. And that only made her realize the genius of Ryotraro ... And though the monster was absolutely dear. She decided to bargain and could gain more.

(Chloe)-Mr.Zangetsu...Your offer is really ... unexpected ... But I can't hide the fact that you are an alchemical genius. So if you agree to donate damage to the Mages Guild in the future. And if you defeat the monster, we would gladly give you ... the body of an Arachnoid.

(Ryo)-Excuse me ... but one monster's body isn't worth that much. That I would give the entire Guild a scrap. My Elixirs really ... will be quite varied. So compromising, I will make one potion from the body of Arachnoid and destroy it for you, Mrs Chloe, for the first potion during each purchase.

Chloe was slightly disappointed that Ryo discovered her little plot. However, she sighed and said.

(Chloe)-Agreed ... Mr. Ryotaro ... Back to the test, if you defeat Arachnoid. The guild will award you a rank of B, which after killing a minimum of 100 monsters to rank B or rank 30 in rank A. It will be raised. So rest, regenerate your mane and we're about to start.

After a slightly long break, which was extended due to a failure during Arachnoid's cage. Prepared, Ryo stared at the gate at the far end of the arena.

As Chloe started counting down, Ryo was slightly sweaty expecting a huge spider, or a fantasy adaptation, Spider monkey from Ben 10.

Start!!

The gate burst open and a large humanoid beast ran into the arena. The beast looked like a cross between a human and a spider. It had the face of a spider, the torso, and six human hands ended in claws. The abdomen and quite specific legs, which looked a bit human, but not the end. The monster also had an abdomen growing out of its ass. And he gazed frantically at the arena, the barrier of which had been camouflaged to look like a cave wall. As a result, the only being Arachnoid saw was Ryo.

https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/70437485348345/

When Ryo saw the hostile creature, he wondered about a way to defeat it. He also understood that his physical aspect was too weak to take more than one simple physical blow. So he had to think up something quickly, because the beast. Leaning on the two front hands, she ran at him.

As the beast was halfway through the arena, Ryo noticed that in the monster's mouth, a green fluorescent liquid had started to form, which was most likely acid and a medium-range missile.

So Ryo had to use Scorpion's trick with MK to teleport behind the beasts. Ryo fired two half-moon-shaped blasts of wind close to the ground. And teleported behind the beasts.

And before the blasts of wind reached Arachnoid, Ryo appeared behind the monster. O, creating a fiery construction in the shape of a baseball bat, struck the monster in the head. Who lost concentration and quickly turned his head to where ryo had been standing before. However, he teleported back to the previous location, and waited for the right moment to use the next spell.

And not a whole second later, the monster's feet and part of its two hands were cut, severe wound, but did not tear off the leg. However, it did give Ryo a few seconds to create a whirlwind beneath the monster that launched Arachnoid into the air.

The monster launched a cobweb from its abdomen to pull itself to the ground. And to avoid fireballs healing on him. However, the cobweb was cut by Ryo. Which, with its sword-shaped construct, was racing towards the monster. Or rather, where the said monster lands.

When two fireballs hit the monster, Arachnoid lost his focus again. And Ryo, seeing the monster drop feet down, getting ready to land. Swing the fire sword and cut the left foot of the monster, then use wind magic. Move away from the monster a few meters long.

As Arachnoid landed, he stared at Ryo with a monstrous scream or growl. Which fired six rounds of fire at the monster, shooting straight at the monster. As a result, the monster was forced to use all its hands to defend itself against the attack.

However, before the monster could react, in the clouds of smoke from the attack. The monster was hit with a baseball bat ... which was previously a sword ... In the chin ... or just under the chaps ... After being injured, the monster swung with three right hands ... but missed. But when he regained his concentration, he realized that he and his opponent (Ryo). He was surrounded by a strong wind ... wind pains. As a result, the monster has more and more difficulty breathing. Because Ryo is cutting off the air in this zone. And Ryo, imitating a spell from HP, created a force field around his head that provides him with oxygen.

And for the next few minutes, Ryo teleports and stops the monster, which is having trouble moving anyway. By constantly hitting the head and other parts of the body. By creating a game of exhaustion. Ryo especially tried to aim for the stomach and abdomen ... to get the monster to support more air.

The people in the stands were speechless ... and most sympathized with the monster. Because from their perspective, it was as if Ryo was enjoying the monster's suffering and chose such cruel tactics on purpose. Because with every punch Ryo made, he was laughing and smiling madly.

Victor was fascinated by the magic that Ryo created. And the tactic he chose. And he paid no attention to Ryo's sadistic psychology. But really a tactic you can handle. Not only did it ensure Ryo 100% safety, but also ensure that the monster's body would not be damaged too much. Victor was fascinated by his Guild charges.

Chloe, she was a little different. Like Vicotr, she was fascinated by Ryo's magic. No incantation, no magic-circle. Just a magic staff and a fire construct in the other. It really fascinated her, but the expression on Ryo's face terrified her. His unique ... Non-human mana ... and love of blood ... and genius, as she called him. He made Ryotaro Zangetsu not human in her eyes. He doesn't belong to the race he hates so much. And from the fact that Elves are very sensitive to mane. It only confirmed her sentence.

And after a dozen or so minutes, Arachnoid ... fell to the ground and was unable to move any further. However, Ryo, amused by the fight, stood on the monster's stomach and pressed several times. Until the monster's body stiffened. And the wind dome was unfolded. Finally, Ryo created a needle-shaped fire. And avoiding the eye, he stabbed the construct into the monster's brain. Confirming his demise. Then he turned to the judges.

(Victor)-I happily pass the exam and admits Ryotaro Zangetsu, rage B. And authorizing me to endorse missions from A- to F-. And I authorize the body of the defeated monster to be taken as part of the deal. The papers will be available in the guild tomorrow and thank you all for coming and have a nice rest of the day. Thank you.

4