Chapter 2 – Bravery until Confrontation
637 11 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

More of a 'setup' chapter. Writing/Grammar probably bad.

After some time, Corvin woke up in a very fancy room though it didn't take long to identify it. He's been here before, well not this room exactly, but the design is far too similar to the rest of the building. He remembers once being invited to a ceremony that happened here some years ago.

“Sanctum of the Twelve, huh? Even after all this time, this is still your intention. Well, let's get this over with.”

Corvin tried to sound at least a bit brave, though deep down he was scared. The past he thought he finally escaped from, found him after 15 years. Corvin walked over to the only door in and out of the room to find it wasn't locked. It led into a hallway with many adjacent rooms but he felt like he didn't need to search any of these. Call it a hunch.

After a few minutes he arrived at the end of the hallway in front of a double door. His heartbeat starts accelerating. He has a feeling, he knows what's behind this door and he feared it. He want to stay free, enjoying his new life as a adventurer. To move on, he must first confront his past and fight it, or at least try. Honestly it was a losing battle, who knows what she has learnt in these 15 years. Corvin himself knows he hasn't learnt much at all. He never felt like he needed too. He takes a few big breathers and proceeds to open the door.

Upon opening the door, Corvin enter a huge, wide hall. Fully decorated for a Eternal Bond Ceremony. He noticed he has emerged near the beginning of the hall. The entrance was but a few meters away, though he didn't make a run for it, though it was tempting. Corvin looked towards the opposite end of the large hall, towards the alter. Just like he feared, she was here staring right at him.

She just stood there showing a sweet innocent smile, though Corvin knew if he gave into that smile his life would be confined and no longer his to control. He stared back whilst not trying to show a hint of fear though this women exactly knew how he feels.

“Corvinus yae Alivis, must you keep...”

“Do NOT call me that!”

Corvin interrupted her mid-sentence. Hearing that name for the first time in years kind of ticked him off. He takes big breath to calm his nerves, he could physically feel his hands shaking.

“I-I left that life behind, so why... why can't you just leave me be! You know the reasons I ran away, you being one of them.” Small tears run from his eyes. “WHY, EDI! Why can't you just leave me be!?”

She didn't answer him. She just continued to show a lovely smile and walk towards Corvin, stopping in front of him.

“Why? Why couldn't you leave me be?”

It's been awhile since Corvin got overly emotional very easily. He had hope if went away after all these years apart. Seems he wasn't so lucky. He hated that he was like this, it caused people close to him to be a bit 'overprotective' as a child. He told himself frequently he wouldn't be fit to be the next Emperor of Garlemald.

“My Prince...” She raises hand slowly towards Corvin, placing softly on his cheek causing him to lightly flinch. His legs won't listen to him any more, the fear and his sadness have taken him over.
“Even after all this time, the emotional little prince that I fell in love with hasn't changed at all. This makes me happy. I'm here now, let me take you away from this world that has hurt you so.”

Those words knocked some sense back in to Corvin, immediately slapping away her hand and taking an immediate step back.

“N-No! Don't start using those words on me. I'm not going anywhere, especially not with you. Not now, not ever.”

Edi looks down all dejected.

“It hurts me when you talk like that. Your loving wife just wants you to return with her...”

Corvin looks at Edi in shock.

“W-Wife!? I refused your hand in marriage all that time ago, and the answer even today is still NO!”

Edi let's out a little giggle

“Oh My Prince. Did you not check your hands when you woke?”

Edi raises her left hand in front of Corvin, showing a ring. An Eternity Ring.

Corvin was confused at first as to why she was showing him it, but then it hit him. He rose his left arm slightly getting a closer look at his hand. His eyes widen as he sees the same type of ring as hers.

“N-No! T-This can't be h-happening!?”

He tries to pull the ring off with force, only to receive a sudden shock causing him to lose his balance in surprise. He looks up at Edi.

“T-Take it off, p-please. I didn't consent to this!”

“Now now, My Prince. We need you to return home with us. We miss you dearly.”

Once again, all Edi does is smile, but Corvin caught something she said. He had another bad feeling about all this.

“We?”

Edi covers her mouth in surprise.

“Oh silly me. Seems I made mistake.”

Corvin had a feeling it was on purpose.

“Well, you was gonna find out anyway. Oh, sweetie! You can come out now.”

Corvin looks Edi in confusion. Suddenly in a flash, Corvin felt some weight press against his back as two arms softly wraps around him. He then felt some soft warm air blow across his ear.

“Welcome home... Father~.”

Corvin's eyes widen in fear once again

Firstly, I'm sorry for the poll in the prologue, it was meant to be rate the quality(?) of the chapter, not the story as a whole. I don't know why, just felt bad about it. xD
Secondly, I have no idea where I am going with this story(like with all my others) also with characters like Corvin. People mostly prefer your badass/brave MC's but I kind of wanted something like... myself in some ways. I don't know.
Lastly, So many time I just wanted to delete everything and start again, but I used all my willpower to resist for once. Cause I knew if I did, it would never get done.

Advice and/or Ideas would be appreciated

Rate out of 5... (Chapter quality)
  • 1 Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 Votes: 6 17.1%
  • 5 Votes: 29 82.9%
Total voters: 35
24