Chapter 2 : Makeover for A Pirate
103 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And there ya go! All prepped and ready to set sail like a true pirate!" Errat said as he put down the scissor in his hand to the side. Strands of Auburn hair were scattered all over the floor as the individual sitting in front of him was dead silent.

 

Roderick was blankly staring into nothing as his disheveled hair and stubbles were all renewed. His hair was wavy and short, though small spikes of fluffy hair poked on top of his hair. He was dragged towards the belly of the ship - the captain's office to be exact.

 

The man looked around and saw that the space he's in was like any normal room in the ship. It wasn't that luxurious, not what he had on his mind. It wasn't as large as those fancy inn rooms which he had broken into to steal the goods.

 

"...Why are you doing this to a stowaway like me? Your crew's screaming my head to be off earlier," Roderick said as he sat quietly while Errat was putting his hat on.

 

"Hey, we're all human, you're no exception. Any captain has to treat his crew respectfully." The captain replied as he grabbed a comb and brushed his new crew's hair.

 

"Afraid to be back-stabbed if you aren't so nice to them?" Roderick added with a flat tone.

 

"Hmm... If they want to, they can do it to me. I don't blame 'em." Errat said as he was surprised at how soft Roderick's hair really was, despite looking like a beggar earlier.

 

"... Then what if I want to end your life right here, right now? Would you end me in return?" Roderick suddenly mentioned.

 

At those words, Errat paused his movements as he gazed at the back of Roderick's head. He huffed from his nose and continued combing the man's hair, "Ye won't do that." The captain chuckled.

 

"How can you be so sure?" Roderick said as he glanced at the scissor resting on the table beside him, "I could always grab this and stab you in the neck. And you would be dropping dead, and just like that... you're gone... And I would do the same to your crew." He added with a grim tone but had no stance to do what he had spewed out.

 

Errat stayed silent at first before he scoffed, "Yer just spouting empty words, Rody. I have met and dealt with people scarier than ya. You ain't one of them." He said as he continued to brush the lad's hair.

 

"...With that attitude, I wonder how you can be the captain of this ship. You're just letting your guard down that way."

 

"...I have my ways, Rody. There done!" Errat said as he put the comb on the back of his hat before patting Roderick's shoulder, "Dinner's gonna be ready in a while, you can join us to eat." He said as he walks towards the door.

 

"...I'm not hungry"

 

"...Then at least rest then, ya had a long day." Errat said before opening the door and waved back at his new crew, "Take the bed, it's all yours. I have watch duty for tonight, so I would be sleeping on the dock. See ya when yer awake." And with that, he closed the door before him and left the other man alone in the room.

 

"...What an odd captain... Too naive and trusting... Let's see how many days I can survive here then. Death is always around the corner... No matter how safe I might be..."

6