Chapter 3 : Another Day Another Doubt
84 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hmm~ Hmm~ Hmm hmm~" Errat hummed as he was taking a stroll around the deck as usual. It was his job to overlook his crew's job after all. And perhaps he would prevent any disputes from his crew who were still holding grudges to his decision several days ago.

 

The tall silver haired man then approached one of his crew who was tying the rope around the ship's largest pole, "Everything goin' smooth here fellas?" Errat said as he approached the men handling the sails.

 

"Yes, captain. The wind's as gentle as those lil waves by the shore. We're going to arrive in West Alackin faster than we have calculated at this point." One of the man replied as he heftly pulled on the rope.

 

Errat crossed his arms and hummed, "That's good to hear then, after we arrive y'all can go do whatever ya want. Just remember, those high arse rank guards are aware of our identity, don't stir trouble." He reminded as his men saluted.

 

"Aye, cap!"

 

The captain then turned his head around from side to side, as if he was searching for something - or someone, "Anywho, have ya seen that Rody anywhere? Haven't seen him since yesterday." Errat asked as he noticed the wrinkle forming on his crews faces'.

 

"Ah, that nasty bastard headed to the bowsprit of this lovely lass of a ship."

 

"He's got nothin' to do but lay around. Why keep him on board, cap? He ain't doin' any job around here." One of the men complained.

 

Errat sighed, "I wanna talk to that lad first. But y'all gotta remember where ya came from." He turned his body sideways as he glanced at his crew, "He's like y'all when ya first came to the ship. Ya three are some of my oldest crew members. I think y'all know what I'm getting at, see ya folks later." He waved back at his crew and walked towards the front part of the ship.

 

"Hah... The captain's right, we should know where we came from before we became pirates."

 

"Yeah..." One of them glanced at the fading back of their captain, "...He's got it rough..."

 

After a while of strutting towards the front of the boat, Errat saw a familiar figure, now healthier, was lazily laying on the bowsprit of the ship. The man rolled his eyes as he climbed up to the walls of the ship and grab hold of the rope stretching across the area.

 

"There you are, Rody. I have been looking everywhere for ya." Errat called out, earning a click of the lad's tongue as his brows furrowed.

 

"Urgh... What do you want with me now? Besides letting me on board when you can just throw me off a few days ago at Lugoen town." Roderick replied as he made no effort of moving.

 

Errat chuckled as he walked along the wood plank of the bowsprit while holding on to the rope with his hand, "And leave my crew member behin'? That's unethical for a captain."

 

"I'm not your crew... I'm just a rogue trying to find a purpose for life. I rob and do other crimes to get by the day. You wouldn't want to get so close to me. I'm not worth your time." Roderick replied as he turned to lay on his sides, wanting to avoid the captain at all cost.

 

His clothes were renewed as Errat had ordered some of his crew to buy the stowaway something decent to wear. He had a rather toned body for a scrawny one, which shocked Errat - or perhaps it brought a new tingling feeling on his body. Though the captain was a giant amongst his crew, towering almost half of his men in fact.

 

"When I said yer my crew, yer my crew. No matter how you try to deny it, you're one of us now. Rogue or not." Errat replied as he sat on the side edge of the bowsprit. His back was facing Roderick's as he enjoyed the fresh sea breeze.

"...What if one of your men was infected with that dangerous Daemon blood? If they turned into one of those monsters... Would you still let them live?" Roderick asked with a flat tone.

 

"...Ah, Daemon Blood...." Errat let out a light sigh, "If there was some sort of miracle that they can be cured, then I would consider keeping them on board."

 

"...You're stupid you know that?"

 

"...Maybe, only cause being an idiot makes me happier than those who think with brains. It's a way to enjoy life at the fullest, and I ain't gonna deny it." Errat cackled as he leaned his hands on the wooden surface.

 

Roderick stayed silent as he huffed through his nose, "...He's a total idiot..."

6