Chapter 20. Deku’s Declaration
7.9k 11 208
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Jiro was about to say something snarky (I could tell from the look in her eye) the whole building shook. “Oh boy…” I said under my breath as everyone's attention was directed on screen. The image of Bakugo standing over Deku sent lighting down my spine. Literally, I was almost in second gear on instinct. I had to look away to keep myself calm. ‘Deku, will be ok, Deku will be ok.’ repeating the mantra in my head to stop from running outside to zap Bakugo right now.

 

“Young Bakugo if you use that move again your team will be disqualified. Even villains don’t destroy their strongholds.” After hearing this Bakugo decided to charge at Deku. When in range Deku tried to punch him, only for Bakugo to release an explosion sending himself upwards and behind Deku. Then released another explosion to counter the momentum while simultaneously hitting Deku with another explosion. 

 

After that he threw a right hook, followed by a grab, and threw Deku on the floor on his back while yelling. “You are a pebble on my path!” Just then I heard a beep. I looked around only to notice it was coming from me. I checked under my coat to find my rechargeable batteries were being overcharged, and as a warning, beeping at me to stop funneling power into them. Trying my best to calm down it seems that emotions can easily influence the amount of power I generate, and if left uncontrolled will shock anyone around.

When I looked back to the screen to pay attention I heard Deku make another statement. “I always was jealous of how great you were, so I followed you just to see what my life would have been if I had your quirk! I wanted to be a hero so bad that I let you do whatever you wanted to me just to catch a glimpse at the world I would never be a part of! But now is different! I can finally be a hero! And because of that I don’t need to follow you anymore! Now I will take my own path! A path to beat you and catch up with Kaminari! To live up to the expectations my friends have for me!”

 

After that speech half the class was still looking at the screen while the others were staring at me. I was too engrossed to notice however. I just had a big smile while mumbling my thoughts out loud. “You idiot…” After that Deku was able to blast a hole all the way through the building to help Uraraka in securing the weapon. All happening in a matter of seconds. The whole room was quiet for an equal length of time. All Might slowly hit the button to talk again. “Hero… Hero Team… WINNNNNNNS!!”

 

I started laughing uncontrollably, and the rest of the class started staring at me, but I didn’t care. “Deku really means ‘you can do it’ huh?” I said in between giggles. I was really proud of him. ‘Even if this is the same way he won, he said things differently. Maybe he will grow faster than I can imagine at this point. I should hurry and continue training so he doesn’t get ahead so easily.’ While I was in my own world everyone from the exercise came in, except Deku of course.

 

When they did, All Might started his lesson. “I would say Ida was the V.I.P! Does anyone have any idea as to why!?” That is when Momo stepped out from around me and gave a detailed analysis. ‘Man seeing it in person is a sight to behold. She really is a genius, if I didn’t already know the answers I might have gotten thrown off, and I’m older than her. Dang geniuses.’ After she was done she looked back at me with a showing off kind of demeanor. Just to tease her I gave her an ‘It was adequate’ hand gesture. Her face turned sour, and opened her mouth to say something that probably made me describe what she missed.

 

All Might said it was a good summation and she sighed and added. “We’ve got to start at the bottom, and work our way up. If we never tell each other what we did wrong, we will never be top heroes.” I nodded to that statement as it was true. How can you learn if you never know what you did wrong? Bakugo was still in his ‘Am I really not the center of the universe?' state. ‘Man this kid has problems.’ I went back over to Jiro and waited for our turn to attack Momo, and Mineta.

208