Chapter 25. Off to U.S.J.
7.5k 4 217
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day rolled around, and I was happy I no longer had to move with just nerve control for day to day anymore. Maybe to practice again, but that was a mistake. I went to school feeling much more energized. Sitting down in my seat I was reading more about brains from medical websites. ‘I’m gonna have to buy a medical textbook on the subject if I want to learn more.’ Out of the corner of my eye I saw somebody standing behind me looking at my phone.

 

“Can I help you?” I say without taking my eyes off of my phone. They got startled and quickly took the seat next to mine. ‘Momo… of course’ I sighed and looked over at her. Her face was slightly red from embarrassment of being caught looking at someone else's phone. I didn’t even know what to say to her. ‘She is becoming fully invested in knowing about me. Should I tell her enough to get her off my back?' 

 

'No, I still have Denki’s memories blocked out for his own sake if his consciousness is still in here. I just realized I don’t even know what to tell someone if they ask about my family, I never knew them.’ Having my own existential crisis I kinda forgot about what just happened with Momo. Soon enough class started. “Alright class today we will be doing rescue training. So suit up and get ready to head off towards the training area.” As the rest of the class was getting excited for it all I could feel was dread. I felt like a soldier heading off to battle with comrades who didn’t know what was to come.

 

I sighed ‘Let’s try to be strong enough to stop them before Aizawa becomes permanently injured.’ I got up, and got my suit. After changing and heading outside I was talking with Midoriya. “Yo Deku, you never got to see my grappling hook did you?” He was surprised I was giving away info on myself, but realized that it was common knowledge now. “No, please let me see it.” I did as he asked, and manually took some line out of my sleeve, and showed it to him. ‘I feel like a big brother showing his little brother some new toys.’ 

 

I snickered under my breath as Deku was going into full analysis mode of the ways that they can be used. After enough time I got on the bus and took one of the back seats by a window. Jiro decided to sit next to me as it was either me, Bakugo, or Todoroki. I give her a smile and nod, and she returns it back before playing music on her phone. Momo was in the seat in front of me, and I noticed whenever she would talk to Uraraka she would take a peek back at me.

 

Jiro, ever the observant, noticed this, and gave me a smug smile. I scoffed at the inclination and shook my head. That didn’t seem to deter her at all though. ‘Oh I just remembered she led the charge on finding out who Uraraka liked. I can’t believe I’m gonna say this, but can this bus go any faster?’ “So, you and Yaoyorozu huh?” She said with a big grin. I just sighed. “Keep listening to your music.” “Oh you don’t want to talk about it eh? Does that mean something really is going on?” She kept tilting her head back and forth between every question.

 

Unfortunately for me Momo overheard this and started freaking out. “Wha- There is nothing going on between us!” I looked back over to Jiro while pointing to Momo with my thumb. “See?” She just gave us a non-believing look “Uh-huh sure.” Then she just snickered while putting her attention back to her phone. I rolled my eyes and looked back forward to see Momo talking to Uraraka. Momo’s face was red as she was trying to explain a negative. ‘Yea good luck with that. In one week everyone is gonna think we’re together now.’

217