Chapter 32. Let The Games Begin!
6.8k 5 190
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day rolled around, and the start of the UA Festival began. All of us were in the waiting room before any of the events started. I was sitting in the corner next to an outlet with an AC to DC connector. Plugging it in, and putting the prongs in my mouth, I could instantly feel all the power flow into me. As it turns out if I have more power than 100%, then my battery slowly increases to fit it in. Doing this training I can increase my maximum capacity by 1% per hour. Slow going I know, and it will be slower the bigger my battery gets, but slow and steady did win the race.

 

While I was calculating the amount of charge I would permanently increase before the games started I heard the squeaks of chairs being moved at my table. I opened my eyes to see Momo, and Jiro sitting across from me. ‘What were they doing here? Come to complain about leaving two girls alone during the villain attack?’ I said nothing while waiting for either of them to speak first. ‘Don’t want to dig a hole for myself here.’ They both were quiet while looking around the room yet never looking me in the eyes.

 

“How did you get so strong?” Momo finally asks her burning question while looking at me with her shaking eyes. Jiro seemed to know what Momo was gonna ask, as she was staring at me with similar eyes. ‘These girls are feeling like dead weight. I need to let them know they aren't before they lose all self confidence.’ “Well it just so happens I was born with a powerful quirk, and I train that quirk every day. My quirk is also very suitable for combat. I essentially brute force my way without knowing any fighting moves. Both of your quirks are better at support, whether that be locating trapped civilians, and villains. Or providing items your teammates need, and setting traps/blockades to stop villains from escaping. Putting it simply, the ‘strength’ to what you're referring to is a lie."

 

I took a breath and continued on. "I’m good at fighting, but rescuing not so much. Because I can’t touch people to pull them out of a collapsed building. You just need to think about what your quirk does best, and try to amplify it. Momo if you wanna fight then learn to make more complicated weapons to aid yourself in battle. Jiro if you wanna fight better it may be good to make your costume covered in speakers to direct sound wherever you need it. These are only idea’s as they are not my quirks, but hopefully these ideas will give you better ones in the future.” 

 

After finishing my two minute long rant both girls were just staring at me in shock. ‘Did I overcompensate? Well what's done is done. Maybe they will get stronger in the future, and not be in any danger that may set me off. I can only hope though.’ Knowing the events were about to start I popped the cable out of my mouth, and unplugged it. As I was leaving I heard both of the girls talking to each other with smiles. ‘Good glad I nipped the ‘I’m useless’ complex before that started to bloom.’

 

Walking over to where most of the students were waiting I started hearing Todoroki’s declaration of war. “I will beat you.” Midoriya was shaking a little bit, and looking around before his eyes fell on me. Gaining determination in his eyes he looked back at Todoroki “Todoroki, I’m not sure why you felt the need… to tell me that. I know you, and more in this class are stronger than me. I feel weak…  like I can’t measure up. When the attack happened I was barely able to get myself out of the disaster zone with the help of others… When I saw the leaders all I could do was sit on my hands and wait. I’m striving to catch up to everyone here, and feel like I’m making no progress. But…!!! I saw that even if someone is in general studies does not mean they are weak! Everyone has a chance to the top if they put in enough effort. I will never stop striving for it! I’m going for it too… With everything I’ve got!”

 

I looked at Midoriya with a smile creeping up on my face. ‘Man can this kid make a compelling speech.’ Right after we were told to get to the field. Everyone had their game faces on with serious expressions. Personally, whenever I am nervous I begin to smile uncontrollably. ‘Maybe I do need to see a shrink.’

190