Chapter 40. Deku vs. Shinso
6k 5 168
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I go to the seats privy toward students participating. I look to see all of class 1-A around each other. After what happened in the waiting room with Momo I was a little too embarrassed to sit next to her at the moment. So I sat behind Ida, and Uraraka. Soon after I did I noticed two people sitting beside me Momo and Jiro. “...Hey…” “...Hey…” Both Momo and I couldn’t really look at each other much less talk. All the while Jiro had a slightly complicated look on her face. Sort of like a bittersweet moment.

We sat like that in awkward silence for a while before we heard cheers informing us of both Deku’s and Shinso’s match. Giving my focus toward the field I saw both fighters readying up. I couldn’t hear anything they were saying, but I could tell Shinso was trying to antagonize Deku. As soon as the match started Deku started to run at Shinso. “You don’t know hi-” Was all I could make out before Deku froze. 

 

I shook my head “You should have known he was antagonizing you on purpose. What did he say for you to stop using your head?” Everyone already knew I knew what Shinso’s quirk was but I refused to say earlier. They were looking at me for an explanation, this time I was more inclined to give it, as Deku would explain how it worked in a bit anyway. 

 

“Shino’s quirk is the ability to put himself in the driver seat of anybody that talks to him.” They all were shocked at what that meant for Deku. They all waited with bated breath, all staring at Deku slowly walking off stage. Well except for two. I was relaxing, waiting for Deku to break out of control, and Momo was staring at me with a quizzical look on her face. When she was about to say something we felt a strong gust of wind pressure, and as it did I felt a smirk growing on my face.

 

I looked back towards the stage to see Deku’s fearful gaze, and Shinso frowning. ‘Well, this should play out like it did in the anime.’ However it seemed Shinso was saying something else on top of what he originally did to antagonize Deku. “You think you will be able to catch up to him? To anyone? He doesn’t even care about you!” ‘Was he talking about All Might?’ After a while Deku was able to pull out the win with being more in shape.

 

After Shinso lost he looked really sad until he heard what all the pro’s were saying. “That is an amazing ability!” “Think of the possibilities!” Hearing all of this, he started getting a big smile on his face with his eyes watering up. He looked over to me in the stands, and I gave him a thumbs up. He shook his head still with a big grin and walked off the stage.

 

I got up to the surprise of people around me “I gotta make sure Deku doesn’t think Shinso is a bad guy. He kinda has to throw around insults to rile people up for his quirk to work.” They all understood, but Momo and Jiro seemed a bit down as I was leaving. On my way toward the medical bay I saw Todoroki down the hallway soon followed by a manlier voice. “You disappoint me Shoto.”

168