Chapter 69. The Way Back
4.5k 14 141
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I happened to make an extra chapter, so please enjoy this chapter early!

I kept walking for a while with Midoriya on my back, and still dragging the Nomu corpse with my wire. Until I saw Ida running towards us as fast as he could. Ida was confused as to what happened. Dead Nomu, asleep Midoriya, I’m perfectly ok, it is a lot to take in. “I’ll tell you about it after everyone is gathered so I don’t have to repeat myself. That aside, is Stain still in custody?” Ida got a small smirk remembering the monster that permanently hurt his hero and older brother getting arrested. “He tried, but couldn’t move very well after what you put him through. He has been taken to a prison hospital.” I nodded with my own grin as well.

 

We walked in silence for a bit before Ida spoke up. “Were you really as far as I was about to go? I… I don’t feel like I can be a hero anymore. I let down everyone with my decision. I don’t see a way back.” He looked at me desperate for answers to his plight. I kept looking ahead, making sure I didn’t trip with all this extra weight I was dragging around. 

 

“You are always going to fail. That is just going to happen, you are going to make mistakes. If you ask me, the way you falter doesn’t matter as much as the way you feel about it afterwards. Forgiveness is something that is privy to everyone. Normally the people who deserve the most forgiveness are the people who can’t forgive themselves for their own actions. I can see nothing but remorse in your eyes now. That is enough for me to forgive you for falling off your way. I can’t force you to forgive yourself, but I can show you that I forgive you, and that you should take this as a learning experience for yourself, and for others in the future.”

 

He looked down after I finished speaking while carefully avoiding the personal bits. I was more sad than enraged. Sure some may bleed through, but I’m not violent enough to become a villain. That was definitely avoided from becoming friends with Deku. ‘However I don’t like to admit it, when that anger bleeds through I think I become more villainous than most other villains on the show. I like seeing fear, and terror, and putting people who deserve it in their place. I don’t know if that comes from Denki or was always a part of me locked up, and never surfaced due to the lack of stress.’

 

We finished walking when we reached all the other heroes. Seeing Endeavor with them I gave him a quick glare with my eye to keep his mouth shut for his own sake. He seemed to have gotten the message and looked at the dead Nomu instead. I told everyone a quick summary of what happened before the ambulances showed up to take us all to the hospital. I left the dead Nomu, and helped Midoriya into the ambulance I rode in. Making it to the hospital we all sat next to each other, and while Midoriya was asleep I told a more in-depth story of what happened to Todoroki, and Ida.

 

They were horrified at my conclusion. “I’m fairly certain that Nomu was designed to start chaos with the other Nomu’s, but all the Nomu’s were told to capture specific targets. I am fairly certain that Nomu was designated to steal me by whoever the hand villain is. His idea to pick me up was way too advanced for him to be thinking on the fly, as well as his quirk is tailored to negate electricity. It all adds up too well.” 

 

They tried to debunk my theory in any way they could, but nothing came up. They didn’t want to believe it. That one of their classmates was targeted by the league of villains. However all of the evidence seemed to point otherwise. They both remained silent before Todoroki spoke up. “Are you going to tell Midoriya?”

141