Chapter 77. Success!
4.6k 12 139
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I coughed to try and change the topic of conversation. Seeing this Momo giggled while both Kyoka and I blushed a bit. “Anyway I think it may be best for me to fight with some handicaps. I won’t use my 2nd Gear, but I do have one trick up my sleeve so Momo won’t mop the floor with me with your superior fighting techniques. That reminds me, Momo can you make me some tracksuit, and an expandable baton?” She nodded and started to lift up her shirt. I just averted my eyes, and waited for my gear to be made. While Momo was at it she made something for herself to fight with.

 

After we all changed (in separate rooms mind you) we came back to the training room. I stepped in with Momo first while Kyoka was watching from the sideline. I took out my expandable baton and flicked it open. “I think this might be even better than the one for my hero costume. Well done Momo.” She fidgeted for a bit while her gaze wandered. “Thank you.” I then put on my game face. “Ok feel free to come at me with anything you can think of. Remember this is not weapon training. This is training to make weapons while I’m trying to stop you.”

 

She nodded and got serious as well. “Ok, 3… 2… 1… Go!” just as I said that I activated ‘bullet time’ and rushed her. She was startled at me and froze. I took the opportunity to swing my baton, stopping it only inches away from her neck. I turned off my ‘bullet time’ and helped her stand up again since she fell back after I stopped. “What made you freeze?” She kept looking me in my eyes before regaining her composure. “Your eye was... shining... ” I quickly covered my right eye and looked away. “Sorry I didn’t know it did that with this technique. We can stop I think just you and Kyoka training each-” 

 

I was stopped by Momo talking over me. “No! No. I was just not ready for a change like that. I would like to keep training with you. I think this will be a good experience for me.” She was adamant on trying again, so I had to do as she asked. “Ok, just… Please don’t be scared…” She tried to calm me down. “It did not scare me. I felt... something..., but I do not know how to describe it. Please calm down, I would never be scared of you.” I tried to stop myself from smiling, but couldn’t.

 

“Thanks…” I then walked back to my starting spot while Kyoka was adding on. “Yea, Kaminari you really are stupid to think that a red glowing eye is enough to make us run away screaming.” I chuckled a little bit. ‘Still calling me stupid as always. I never would have thought I would like being called that in my life, but right now I do.’ I then started the next match, turning on ‘bullet time’ as well. This time Momo was ready for the change, and began to hold off my attacks. 

 

“You have to do something Momo, you can’t get a hit on me, and I can’t get a hit on you either. How will you break the stalemate?” Hearing this got her brain working. Thinking of a way to attack me without the use of her busy hands. She was taken back to what I said of an idea, and started dropping caltrops from her exposed stomach while backing away to make distance I couldn’t cross. I started walking past the caltrops trying not to step on any while moving. While I looked down for only one second to find my next step, I heard a huge, bang or snap, that caused my ears to ring and no other sound to be heard. My vision was taken from me as well.

 

I turned off my ‘bullet time’ as the amount of ringing was being amplified by my fast thinking. Soon after I was starting to feel the after effects of my ‘bullet time’ I felt a cold piece of steel touch my neck. I raised my hands while giving a smile. I couldn’t see very well, nor could I really hear at all, but I could feel Momo celebrating with Kyoka who was very happy for her friend's triumph. I spoke in an elevated tone in order to hear myself talking. 

 

“Well done, remember that your quirk works without the need of your hands. Making distance is good, because if you’ve already thought about what you are going to use that distance for, then you only need a second. Forcing me to look somewhere else was also a good measure. But remember this can only work on people who can’t go around, or through easily. You are going to have to change your tactics for each villain you have to fight.” I tried to walk, but with the lack of vision, and the incessant ringing made that almost impossible.

 

I started to fall down, but was caught by something. “Thank you, can you bring me somewhere to lay down for a second. I can’t really hear, or see.” The person started leading me away from all the caltrops on the ground, and after we made enough distance the person helping me stopped and said something that sounded muffled by comparison of the ringing in my ear. "Sorry, could you help me lay down? I still can't hear or see." They didn't move for a few seconds and then moved me a bit more, before helping me down. I laid on the ground to rest for a second. 'I guess Momo made a pillow for me to lay down on, but I must admit this was the most comfortable pillow I had ever used.' I just laid there for a moment with my eyes closed to get them to rest. 

139