Chapter 82. Helping out
4k 7 127
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After school was over Ashido came over to Momo, and practically begged to be taught by rank 1 in our class. Hearing this, Ojiro, Sero, and Hagakure also wanted to join in with Momo, Kyoka, and I. Momo was so happy to be relied upon, seeing her face just gave me so much happiness myself. She looked over at me with a worried expression before she saw my loving smile. She quickly looked back to tell the others that they could study at her place. 

 

Ojiro and Sero didn’t notice this little back and forth between Momo and I, but Ashido did. Ashido gave both of us a knowing smile, causing Momo to blush while talking about all coming over to her house. We all left for Momo's house, and when we made it, the others were shocked at the magnificence of this place. We all went to her library to study. I hated doing this school work, but I needed to do it if I wanted to keep up with the class.

 

While we were studying, Kyoka sat next to me while Momo’s seat was on the other side of me. I say Momo’s seat because she had to consonantly get up to help the others with their problems. Ashido kept asking the most questions to Momo. I got a little suspicious when some of the time Momo would get red, and try to keep her voice down while Ashido kept giggling at her reactions. I’m not gonna lie, I was giggling a little at her reactions too, as was Kyoka a few times.

 

We kept studying for an hour before I was burnt out. Most of the others were too. “I think that is about as much as I can handle.” The others nodded their heads while Momo was nodding in understanding. “Would you like to train practically now?” Hearing Momo say this my head popped up from the table to look at her with anticipation.” She giggled looking at me like I was a kid going to an amusement park. Ashido was confused. “You want to practice fighting?” Momo answered back. “Yes, Denki had the idea of studying yesterday, and as a way of helping him with the written exam he would help Jiro and I on the practical exam.” 

 

“Denki huh…?” Ashido had another grin while Momo was blushing again. ‘Really that's all you got out of what Momo said?’ I sighed with a slight blush myself. Kyoka looked at me, smiling at my expression. “Well that was essentially the idea. Putting that aside, is now a good time for practical studying?” I tried to steer the conversion back on course. The boys were very interested in my teaching.

 

“I would be very honored if I could join in this as well.” Ojiro was the first to step up, and ask if he could come as well. “Yea I really need some tips on fighting to catch up to some of the monsters in our class… No offense.” Sero realized what he said and tried to apologize a little at it. I smiled and chuckled. “None taken, I take it as a compliment anyway.” Hagakure stood up next. "I want to be stronger." I nodded at her voice full of determination. Ashido was the last to stand up. “Ugh… I totally don’t want to be left behind either. But I hope this won’t be as bad as my hero internship!”

 

I smiled and looked at Momo who was looking back at me with a loving smile of her own. I then looked at Kyoka who had a frown with a slightly reddened face. I held her hand under the table and gave it a gentle squeeze. This made her jump slightly while her face got even hotter. I chuckled while standing up to bring the attention to me.

 

“Ok then. Momo, would you like to lead the way?” She smiled as she packed up her things and led the way after the rest of us were done too. While walking I felt a sudden stab in my stomach from a certain red earphone jack. While regaining my composure Ashido just looked at me with a huge grin. “Your face is going to cramp if you keep smiling like that.” She just giggled at my statement. “I can’t help it when I have such great seats.” I felt another stab to my stomach at that comment. I reeled back a little at that one. “Please stop, you're not the one suffering the consequences.” Ashido laughed as we kept walking. What I didn't notice was Hagakure in the back of the group, fidgeting.

 

Making it to the training room I had small flashbacks to what happened here just yesterday. It seems I wasn’t the only one since both Momo, and Kyoka’s faces were just a little red as well. I tried to take my mind off of it by starting to teach the others. “Now, Sero, I think you aren't using your tape enough in actual combat.” He looked surprised at what I said but kept his gaze at mine to see what else I might say. 

 

“Your mobility is the highest in our whole class, but I think your tape can do more. Have you ever heard of Spider-Man?” He looked at me like I was talking another language at that part. I looked around to see others have the same expression. I sighed that I may have just given part of my secrets away. “Ok well he was super old and in America so that's why you probably never heard of him. Anyway he had something very similar to the tape you use Sero.” Sero was surprised in my knowledge, but also how he was similar to another hero of the past.

 

“Spider-Man used spider webs that I keep making parallels to your tape. But instead of just using it to get around, set traps, or tie villains up. He used them while fighting to give himself openings, and maneuver around the battlefield at will. Try and think of how powerful your attacks could be, while pulling yourself with your tape towards your opponent. There are also a few more idea’s I have, but I think that one is the most important for you to master.” Sero’s mind was racing at the idea of it all. He never thought of using tape so low to the ground before. He always just wrapped people up at a distance, or took to the skies to maintain distance. What else had Kaminari thought about his quirk?

 

I then looked at Ojiro who was excited to see what I may tell him. “Well Ojiro, I don’t have much of a plan to use your quirk in a new way you may have never thought of, but I do have a few ideas of how to train it.” He just nodded, seriousness filling his gaze. “I have taken a look at your tail, and I noticed something. The whole dang thing is just comprised of muscle. It has bones down the center, but 90% of the mass is pure muscle."

 

I chuckled at how simple his quirk was. "That is like having a super powered arm, I was thinking of you using it like a spring-board to throw you into a kick at someone. Your quirk is very straightforward. Be in that thought process, use your tail as propulsion, movement, and attacking. It can be anything you need it to be.” Ojiro smiled at me while his tail was wagging back and forth. I gave him a pat on his shoulder as I moved to Hagakure.

 

I looked at where her eyes would be and thought. I eventually got an idea of what may help her. "Hagakure, I think your quirk is your body's ability to bend light. You could focus on that, and train your body to bend light the way you want." I started to get a smirk at how strong these young heroes could be. I saw Hagakure's hairclip nod slowly at my idea, causing me to smile at her. I then looked at Ashido, and just stared at her while thinking of her quirk. “Momo, I need a few glass bottles, a lighter, and if you can… some Ph testing strips” Hearing that Ashido started to sweat. Momo was curious what I was planning while she was preparing the items.

127