Chapter 83. Acid Tests
3.9k 9 121
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ashido you can change the properties of your acid right?” She slowly nods. “Ok well I want to see what some of those properties are. I want one bottle with low acidity and high viscosity, low acidity low viscosity, and one with middle acidity and high viscosity.” Ashido started to get to work while I labeled each bottle after she was done. After she filled all of the vials, I told everyone else they could get to training while I work through this. 

 

Both of the guys took off fighting each other with their new movement ideas, and Hagakure stayed close, but started to sparkle in places as she was testing. I quickly looked at all the tape Sero was leaving behind. I looked at Momo who was still around, probably as intrigued at this liquid as I was. “I’ll help you clean up after them.” She giggled a little. “Thank you, I’ll have to take you up on that.” I then directed my attention back to the bottle in my hand. I looked at the low acidity and high viscosity first. I put my finger in the bottle. It felt cold and the viscosity was even higher than syrup. “Is this as high viscosity as you can get it?” “I can make it a bit more, but I’ve never felt the need.” 

 

I nodded while trying to put electricity through it. “Highly resistant to electricity.” I took out my finger from the bottle and wiped the excess liquid off on my pants. I then took out the lighter and was about to heat up the test tube before I stopped. “Momo, can you make a thermometer?” She nodded as she handed me one she already made. I chuckled a little. “You really are a genius.” She smiled knowingly as I put the thermometer in the bottle of goo. I turned on the lighter underneath the bottle and waited. 

 

After a minute or two I stopped with the lighter and took out the thermometer. The temperature was warm, but not really hot. “Lower resistance to heat though. High enough current may start to boil this off.” I wrote down my findings in my notebook while Ashido was asking Momo what was happening. 

 

“Denki is finding out the properties of your quirk besides the acidity and viscosity. He is also checking to make sure those properties don’t change with you changing either of the variables.” Ashido didn’t really understand so I explained it to her in an easier to understand fashion.

 

“I want to see if your goo has anything else special about it.” She looked like she understood all of what we were doing now. “Oh… Why couldn’t you just tell me like that?” She looked over to Momo while I started snickering. I got out the Ph strips and put one in the less viscous fluid with low acidity. The strip turned the color of a 6 on the Ph scale. I then did the same thing as I did with the last bottle. I put in electricity, but I noticed it was much more conductive. I looked at Momo who was in as much shock as I was.

 

I wrote it down, then moved on to the heat testing. I stuck the thermometer in the bottle, and heated it with a lighter again. I did this for a few minutes before looking at the thermometer. I was shocked to see that the goo was cold, as if I never tried to heat it in the first place. “They reverse based on viscosity. I don’t understand… How does viscosity change the way electricity, and heat travel across it?” I was really confused, and so was Momo. Ashido was getting worried looking at our reactions. “Is everything ok? Is something wrong? I totally don’t want to die!” 

 

I laughed a little at her panicking. “No Ashido, there is nothing wrong it’s just your goo is amazing… Here watch.” I poured some of the goo onto my hand then stuck the lighter underneath it. I couldn’t feel anything along the lines of pain, but thinking about it later I wasn’t really the best test subject for that experiment. I was stopped when Momo struck the lighter out of my hand. “Hey! Must you test it like that? We only tested it once before! The thermometer could have been wrong! My goodness you really must be watched at all times. Like supervising a child.”

 

I gave a weak laugh while she was feeling my hand for any burns. “I think Kyoka is rubbing off on you.” She just shook her head while finishing her check up. I looked back at Ashido who looked surprised at all that just happened. “Ok one last test on your acidic mix. If acidity has nothing to do with how it affects the goo like we’ve seen so far I think we can stop experimenting.” Ashido was still in a confused state. 

 

As I was testing the Ph of the middle acidity Ashido could do. Ashido spoke up about her question. “Why do you call both Yaoyorozu and Jiro by their first names?” I took out the Ph strip to see it was the color of 2 or 1 on the scale. “Oh my…” I leaked out, still staring at the strip. 

 

Both girls were looking at me while I was still fascinated by the sheer acidity of it. “Momo this stuff is highly acidic. I’m getting a 1 or 2, I think we need goggles and gloves.” I spoke with a hint of fear in my voice. Momo was surprised as well. As she was making the protective things I looked at Ashido. “Are you sure this is mid-way in terms of acidity you can make?” She was looking a little frightened at my tone and the look of seriousness in my voice. “Yes, but this is what I normally use to burn things. If I go too acidic it starts to hurt me.”

 

I nodded while I was putting on goggles and gloves. “Ok I can’t really test electricity right now, even I’m not that stupid.” I then heard Kyoka yell from the training room. “Are you sure?” I looked up to see her, with a slight scowl and smile on my face. I shook my head as I took out the lighter and thermometer. “How good is Kyoka’s hearing?” Momo giggled behind me as I was working again. Ashido realized her question was never answered as I accidentally derailed the conversation.

121