Chapter 85.
3.9k 4 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I made it over to Ashido with Momo and Kyoka following closely behind. Standing in front of Ashido she woke out of her thoughts with a startle. “Ok Ashido I have a training plan for you. Are you ready to train?” She started nodding with a determined smile. I returned a smile of my own. I then took my gauntlet off of my left arm. I then turned around, and started undoing all of my bandages. “Kyoka, can you help me put these back on? I can never get it right by myself.” Kyoka blushed while frowning. “Yea of course. Knowing you, you would just put tape over the whole thing to keep it together.” I laughed a little bit as I was undoing some of the tape I used. “Well… Not the whole thing.” She rolled her eyes at the sight. “Such a dummy…”

 

I removed all the tape, and unwound my bandages, revealing the red patterns all along my arm. I heard a few small gasps, and turned to look at Ashido, Hagakure, Sero, and Ojiro staring at my left arm. I put the gauntlet over my arm and squeezed a few times to get a feel of the material. “Dude, what happened to your arm!?” Sero was the first to ask the big question. “I got this arm just like I got this eye.” I pointed to my red eye causing them all to ask more questions in their heads and make theories of what my quirk was. I quickly broke them out of their thoughts.

 

“Look, don’t worry too much about it. This is not about me. This is about Ashido right now. I’m going to be helping her train.” Sero and Ojiro were a little sad that I wasn’t going into more detail, while Ashido had a weird expression on her face that I didn’t really understand. It was another bittersweet smile. ‘She normally doesn’t smile like that from what I know. Probably scared of fighting me.’ “You don’t have to worry Ashido, this is training for you to learn muscle memory. I’m not going to really fight you.” Hearing that made her smile a little bit more sweet, so I kept going.

 

“I’m going to clothe my arms in electricity. My left will be only heat, while my right will be only electricity. You are going to have to defend against me with your goo. Please make it non-acidic please. Even halfway to your maximum potential scares me.” I sighed in fright of her acidity while charging up. She seemed to get serious so I did the same. After my gauntlet felt hot enough I rushed at her with it. She dodged while simultaneously kicking me back. She then slid towards me on her goo. I tried to grab her with my right hand, but she threw up some goo to block the contact. I smiled at this, while trying to use my left hand to grab the same spot only to have it getting thrust away from her by shooting goo out of her hand. That goo she shot me with was the correct type too. I backed away as I started laughing. 

 

“Perfect, every move was better than I could have done myself. I don’t think I need to teach you this because you already know it instinctually already.” I powered down before I continued to talk. “You already have this down. Any more of this would just be wasting your time.” I put my hand in a thinking pose. “So I guess what you really only need now is making special moves for your quirk. Because I think you are very strong, but holding back your quirk to not accidentally kill people is hindering your strength too far. You need to make some special moves to off-set this. You already have attack, defense, and mobility, so I think we should just amplify one of those you want to do. Or…” 

 

After our little spar was over I started to compliment her skill, then tell her that I can’t really teach her anything. Just have ideas of what she might be able to do. Everyone was silent during my exposition. Sero and Ojiro were shocked at so much information being spewed out like I was Midoriya. Momo, Hagakure, and Kyoka just understood this was what I did sometimes, and let me be to let my wheels spin down. Ashido was the most stunned though. She thought it was going to be difficult, but just as her fighting was beginning she was told she was already perfect. Then she saw how happy I was for her. After that, she listened to me go off about her quirk.

 

I realized I was going off in my own world and quickly brought myself back. I shook my head. “Sorry, sometimes I just talk about what's on my mind.” Momo, Hagakure, and Kyoka were the only ones not surprised at what I was doing. I took off the gauntlet showing off my arm again. I waved it around to cool it down a bit, but it already felt ok to me so I stopped. I started wrapping my bandages around my arm, but I was having troubles. “I’m sorry, Kyoka, could you please help me with this?” She gave an exasperated sigh with a small smile, and started to wrap up my arm for me. 

 

While she was doing it I noticed everyone else was just staring at me. “What?” Ojiro and Sero just continued to look at me. I then looked at Ashido who started to speak up. “Well all of that analysis, in like no time at all. What I totally want to know is what you were going to say before you stopped.” “Yea dude, we are all aware of how you refuse to talk about your quirk, but then you just stop explaining at the most interesting part.” “I would also be interested to know what you were going to say.” 

 

Ashido, Sero, and Ojiro wanted to hear my last conjecture. Kyoka finished bandaging me up, and after she did I grabbed one of her hands with my left. I gave it a loving squeeze as thanks for helping me. She then turned red as she stabbed me in my stomach again, and then walked away towards Momo. After I was done chuckling at that, I turned back to look at the others. They all kinda knew that Kyoka would sometimes do that to me so I just kinda skipped over that part.

 

“Ashido, how well can you control your goo when it's outside your body? I’ve seen you make it on your arms, and shoot it out at high speeds from your fingers, but that's it. If you can manipulate your goo, then you can amplify everything; attack, defense, maneuverability.” Ashido stared at me after I was done explaining. I waved at her to wake her up. She did with a startle as I chuckled at the reaction. “Ok just forget all that I said, and focus on one thing. Make some goo in your hand, and try to move it without moving your body.” She nodded slowly before sitting down and looking at her hand.

 

I looked back over to Sero and Ojiro and had them start training again. After a bit of coaxing they finally decided that if they wanted to catch up to me they would have to train as much as I did. I looked around and saw that they were all focused so I had a chance to finally be with Momo and Kyoka alone. I walked over to both of them while they were also busy training. They noticed me and stopped. I gave them a smile and just sat down close to where they were.

 

I just wanted to be in close proximity to both of them. They both smiled and went back to their fighting. I decided to just rest. I was so contented, I didn't notice Hagakure practicing close to me. 'I was training so much, but my training was dangerous. Now that I can’t do that kind of training anymore the only thing that I can do is continuously charge myself at full power to slowly increase my maximum that way. The only problem is, I can only really do that if I’m awake and focus on it. And it is boring to do. It takes an hour for such a small increase.'

 

‘So in the end I’ve hit a wall because I’m in love. Not much I can do about that. So I guess I can stop training with such fervor. Might be nice to have a sorta vacation.’ While I was thinking about how I might enjoy not having to go through hours of pain for a power increase I heard a scream. I shot up to look at where it was coming from. I saw Ashido happily laughing and screaming of her success. She ran over to me to show me her work.

 

I was happy, she really is a fighting prodigy. She can fight like it's in her blood. “Look Kaminari, I did it! This was like, totally easier than I thought it would be! Hey, now that I can do this, what is the special thing you have planned!?” I smiled at her. Just seeing that amount of happiness, it can only be contagious. “That's great! Now I want you to be able to have it cling to your whole arm.” 

 

She looked at me confused, then proceeded to do just that in under a second. I was shocked just looking at the progress. “I can already kinda do that.” I stood shocked at her, and grew a smile. ‘This girl… She could overtake me in a second.’ I laughed a little at my own thoughts before looking back at the confused Ashido.

113