Chapter 91. Walk Home
3.7k 18 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was too busy with how happy I was with being able to talk to my parents, to notice the gazes falling on me. I laughed at hearing just a little bit of their bickering. I felt happy that at least my parents would be happy for me, and proud. That was enough for me. That was all I really wanted; A goodbye. I’m not alone anymore, I have a new family now. I just wanted at least a goodbye to my old one. It didn’t matter even if my parents were fake. I just wanted to say it to something, to feel one last bit of their warmth before I had to go.

 

Taking a big breath to steady my breathing I sat up. I looked at Momo, Kyoka, and Ashido who were all looking at me with worry and confusion. I just gave them the biggest smile I think I ever have in my life. I had taken another weight off of my back, and I felt like I could fly. All of the girls just stared in silence as they watched me laugh and cry and smile. “Sorry I just was finally able to properly say goodbye.” I said as I chuckled.

 

They all just remained silent as I stood up. They stood up as well, and as each of them did I gave them a hug. First was Kyoka. While I was hugging her I placed my hand on top of her head, and pet her. This caused her earphone jacks to twirl a little bit in embarrassment. I chuckled at the sight and gave her one last pat before moving on.

 

I went over to Momo and gave her a hug. She buried herself into my chest again, but I didn’t fight it. I just hugged her tightly while placing my chin on the top of her head. We just stayed still for a bit before we both let go. I then looked over to Ashido. She was fidgeting while glancing at me and Momo. “Y’know, I just had a dream where I was finally able to say a real goodbye to my parents.” Saying this got everyone's attention. “I know they most likely aren’t real, but it was nice that I could talk and see them again. The funny thing is Ashido, my mom told me that I should just do what I think is right and everything else will fall into place. It’s ironic that the advice I gave to you still helped me out so much being said back to me.”

 

I gave Ashido a quick hug while patting her on the back gently. “Thank you, I don’t think I would have been able to say goodbye if it wasn’t for you.” I began to let go, but was stopped for just a second as Ashido grabbed onto my clothes, before letting go herself. I looked back to Momo and Kyoka and gave them both a hug at the same time. “And if I didn’t have you two, I would have broken long before this. I love you both so much.” I just held them both tenderly in each arm, while Kyoka was just hitting me gently in my arm.

 

I soon told the girls a little of what my parents said, leaving some things out. The girls understood that this was a very personal dream about my parents. They were happy I was sharing what they were like personality wise. My mom being caring, yet scary. My dad being fun, but serious at the same time. My mom always being able to solve anything with words. After a while of my talking, I was finally done. I gave each girl a hug before we left. “I’ll see you all at school.” I then looked at Momo and Kyoka and put a hand on each of their heads. “I love you.” Momo just nodded while not maintaining eye contact. Kyoka just slapped, and hit my arm a little while mumbling something about “Idiot” under her breath.

 

After leaving Momo’s mansion, Kyoka, Ashido, and I were all on our way to our own homes. We all walked together through the neighborhoods in silence. Until Kyoka had to take a left while Ashido and I had to go straight. I offered to walk her back to her home like we usually did, but she declined this time. “Ok, just text me when you do get home.” Was all I could say as I hugged her goodbye. She punched me lightly with a small smile on her face. “Of course, unlike some idiot, I don’t almost kill myself with everything I do.” I smiled back at her as she went off. 

 

It was just Ashido and I at this point. We walked for a bit, before Ashido brought over my attention. “Oh, a convenience store. I could totally go for a snack before I go home. C’mon we should totally get something; I’m starved. I looked at where she was pointing, and saw a neon lighted sign with a large shop of snacks underneath it. I nodded while looking at it. “Yea, why not. I don’t want to have to make something tonight.” I walked over to the doors with Ashido not so far behind me.

 

Making my way inside I heard the store clerk greeting us, and I returned the greeting. Ashido did the same, and we both walked around to see what may catch our attention. I got some instant noodles, and some potato chips. Ashido got something that I couldn’t really tell what it was. We rang up at the counter and left the store. I opened my bag of chips, while Ashido was eating some other type of snack. It was in a bag like mine, but the look of the food was puffy, yet crunchy. Almost like popcorn, but it was sickeningly bitter. Yet she was eating it like it was candy. 

 

While eating we were just walking while having a few random conversations. The conversations didn’t matter as much as just being around the happy personality, that is Ashido. After laughing a little bit at something Ashido said, things were quiet again. “Do you have any other tips about love?” Ashido finally asked after the slightly longer break in conversation. I thought about what she said with my hand to my chin. “What kind of tips? How to find love, how to keep love, how to know what love is? Tips are kinda vague.” 

 

She just looked at me for a little bit, thinking about what she would want to say. “I don’t really need those. I totally need to understand how to make another love me.” I just kept walking while thinking. ‘I guess she already is in love with someone. They never really got into relationships, so I don’t know who she is trying to court. Better keep it general, something all guys would like. Wait, wouldn't all guys like Ashido anyway?’ I started to laugh as Ashido looked at me confused.

 

“Sorry, I just had a thought. Wouldn’t any guy just like you anyway? I mean, I think the only kind of guy who wouldn’t would be depressed, and just not want to be happy. You just bring happiness to wherever you go. I had a lot of fun just walking down the street with you. Happiness is part of love, when you are in love, you are happy. The more happy someone is around you, the more likely they will fall in love with you. People are greedy, and will want to be happier. Being in love is the most happiness a person can have. Just be around them with that attitude of yours, then let them know you are interested in a relationship. I think the only guys that would turn you down would be married, even then that is a 50-50 chance.” I started to laugh at the truthfulness of that statement.

 

I noticed that Ashido stopped walking. I looked back at her as her hair just blocked my view of her eyes. She just looked downward while not moving. She had a small knowing smile. “Ashido? What’s wrong?” Ashido began to giggle while walking towards me. “Nothing, I was just thinking about what Jiro said. She was totally right.” I sighed, just as I got a text from Kyoka that she was home. 

I replied and looked back at Ashido. Her smile had grown since I looked away. She then caught up to me and gave me a hug. I was surprised by what was happening, and just had my arms down. She didn’t seem to mind as she kept giggling. “I’ll give you a hint of what Jiro told me.” I looked down at her cotton candy hair. As she looked I was then greeted by black and yellow eyes. They gave a sense of danger again, but I wasn’t scared. It was like I was being hunted, but I didn’t mind getting caught. I just stared at her as her smile grew even bigger. 

 

She then got on her toes to increase her height. Put her mouth next to my ear then whispered. “I just have to look at your expression to know all that I want.” This gave me chills down my back. She then moved back to see my frightened expression. This caused her to laugh and smile like she always did. Free of anything sad, just pure happiness. I was unsure of what was happening anymore. I was still a little scared of her, but seeing her like that gave me peace.

 

I was confused. Ashido could scare me with her eyes, but only sometimes. It wasn’t her eyes, it was past her eyes that scared me sometimes. I could see something past those eyes. Sometimes what scared me would be there and sometimes it would be gone, leaving just the calmness of her to remain. But I didn’t know what she was thinking to cause me such strange fear. Seeing my confusion Ashido just walked ahead of me while giggling. 

 

She turned back to me with a large grin. “C’mon I live only down the street. Not gonna make me walk the last bit of it alone are you?” I just smiled and forgot about what I was thinking. Seeing her with her bright smile that seemed to light up the night, I couldn’t help but get wrapped into her happiness. I caught up to her, and we walked back to her house in peaceful silence of the crickets, and every so often car. Night walks were something that I was always scared to do in the past. But now I felt free, and calm. I looked over to Ashido to see her smiling just walking with me. ‘Yea, this is nice.’

102