Chapter 101. Shopping Spree.
3k 15 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking my way to the front entrance of the school I suddenly had my 6th sense trigger. I reacted by ducking down to lower my profile, and looking back to where my senses were telling me. While looking back I moved my leg to sweep anyone who was close by. I happened to connect with somebody, and saw them as a threat. As soon as they fell down I got their arms and pulled them behind their back, causing pain in the way I was holding them down. I then noticed this person had broken hand-cuffs on their wrists. I looked and noticed the outfit they were wearing,

I slowly noticed the person I was holding was Midnight. I started to sweat, and backed away from her as fast as I could without going into gear. “What were you doing? Stop sneaking up on me like that!” She slowly got up facing away from me while I was yelling at her. “Are you ok? I did kick you pretty hard.” I said as I was sighing. I was annoyed by her habit, but I didn’t want her to press charges, or complain about me to other teachers. My thoughts were immediately blown away when I saw her turn around, and see her expression. I gulped in fear of being hunted.

 

She looked at me with her expression of lust and sultry smile, but as she saw my fear her smile grew into something darker. I slowly backed away as she pulled out a whip from nowhere. “I’m sorry about that… How about I just get a written warning?” She giggled at my idea as she continued to whip the air with every step she took. Almost as if she was taking practice swings. I decided that I have to just leave this situation. “I’m sorry for what happened, but I have to go, see you later!” I screamed as I ran to the exit. I heard giggling as I was running away , but I didn’t look back.

 

I made it home not long after, and got to work on increasing my battery. ‘Forcing it to increase by over 100% of its normal capacity gives me red lines, but going through the change slower might stop that change, because my body isn’t bleeding. Only problem is I've only gotten around a 15% increase from my baseline. I would have to do this for another 85 hours to catch up with my other evolved nerves. That would mean at 3 hours every night, that would almost take a month.’ I sighed from the amount of time it would take.

 

“Well I guess if I want to get stronger without going against my promises, this is the best way.” I got to work on charging myself on a wall socket. I had to focus on integrating the electricity throughout my battery, but I could still think of ideas of new moves. After three hours I was too bored of this to continue on, so I went to my desk and turned on some music. I leaned back in my chair while writing down ideas of things I may need for my bug out bag. It was much easier with the prospect of me being my own charger.

 

I had written down mostly things I looked up from prepper sites. Standard stuff like water filtration, shelter, cooking supplies, books about plants, and since I was living in an urban environment I also wrote down books that talked about making things out of random stuff you could scavenge around in the city. That was actually my favorite topic, it gave me the feeling of being MacGyver. This was for the future, and if I ever needed to leave in a hurry, I would at least have as much as I needed as quickly as I could get it. After I was done with that, I took note of the time. It seemed late enough for me to take a bath and go to sleep. I ripped out the shopping list and attached it to my other list for the summer camp.

 

I did my usual routine with new ideas of how to electricity in my mind. I kept coming around to was making a 4th gear, if that was even possible. ‘I could force my heart to beat faster by giving it commands, but I think that's what 2nd Gear is doing anyway. It would make a lot of sense, but I haven’t tested my heart rate. Full exercise for athletes would be around 200 bpm. If my heart rate is that when I’m using ‘Overgear’ then I might be able to force it faster, but I would have to be sure to have enough electricity to stop myself from heart attacks.’

 

I got out of the tub, and dried myself off. “No, too dangerous for the girls to approve of, actually I think all of my moves are too dangerous.” I chuckled a little bit, and got back on the topic at hand. ‘I could try to make myself magnetic. I don’t know much about magnets, but it could prove useful. I could also trying to change speed for strength, but I don’t think I want that. I still don’t know how exactly I speed up, so trying to make myself stronger doesn’t seem possible, or really desirable. I should also keep it in mind though.’

 

I went to bed and waited for sleep to come. I still had thoughts about what to do about Tomura, but sleep took me before I could think about it too deeply. The next day came around and we all met in the center of the shopping district. I was one of the last people to show up. It was interesting to see everyone in their normal clothes. Momo, Kyoka, Mina, and Hagakure for some reason, were very interested in how I saw their outfits. 

 

Momo’s was proper, with some cute frills on her shirt, and knee length skirt. Kyoka’s was punk rock style. I thought it definitely suited her, I was not much for fishnet stockings, but seeing her in them changed my mind. Mina was tomboy with a hint of girlishness that just seemed to amp up her appeal. Hagakure was wearing a striped shirt, with shorts. Very plain, but I found nothing wrong with it, simple is best. She also had a hair clip with a lightning bolt I just noticed. ‘Was that always like that?’ They all seemed to be happy with my opinions of their clothes, while also admiring what I wore.

 

I wore a thin black dress shirt. My sleeves were rolled back to my forearms, my shirt was untucked, and my first two top buttons were undone. I wore blue skinny jeans with a belt. I had a wallet chain as well. ‘Normally it wasn’t my style, but I think Denki has rubbed off on me more than I thought.’ I also decided to wear a duffel bag on my shoulder. I needed another for my bug out bag, but this could be used to carry everything for now. I took my list out of my pocket and a pen to mark things off with. 

Everyone was talking about what they needed to get and we decided to split up to find the things we needed. I nodded and looked at Deku. ‘He will be the catalyst for Tomura, but I need as many things to play out so I can make one big move, and stop Tomura before he gets out of hand. All for One is backing him, and wants him to grow. I will stop his plan for Tomura. I don’t know if I can talk him down, All for One said it best. The kid was twisted.’ We all separated and went to different shops. I was followed by the girls as we had many things to buy together. 

 

They were a little concerned with my extra purchasing, but I told them that I wanted to have back ups. I didn’t want to concern them with my idea of needing something to have in case you could never return home again. ‘Thinking of it now, I should probably have safeguards in place against my journal. Maybe do what ‘Death Note’ did and rig it to start a fire. I can’t have the information of the future fall into the wrong hands. Well… Less wrong than mine I guess.’ I was eventually alone, and went to a less traveled area to rest and buy drinks for myself and the girls. 

 

I unpacked my bag to take stock of all that I bought. I looked at my lists, and saw that I was essentially done. I breathed a sigh of relief at the volume of shopping I had to do in a short amount of time. I packed everything back up until I heard crying in an alleyway next to me. I slowly and quietly walked into the alley and looked around. I went to where I heard the crying from, and what I saw made my blood boil. “Hello Kaminari.”

85