Chapter 102. Hostage
2.7k 7 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I saw Tomura Shigaraki holding a 10 year old girl by the throat in the alley. He gave me a smile that made me sick, as he applied pressure to the young girl's throat while beckoning me closer. “Don’t you dare.” I said gravely as my eye lit up. He scowled at my provocation, and eased up on the girl's throat causing her to let out small coughs. “I just happened to be here, when wouldn’t you know it? You showed up with all of your friends. I had to wait to have you all by myself though, you're lucky this girl was cooperative otherwise you would have caught me with a different one.” He snickered at this sickening fact.

 

He then continued on. “I just want to talk, I’ll let this girl go in the crowd after you have a discussion with me.” I just squinted at him, and calmed down the best I could to stop my eye from glowing. He took that as a sign and started with his problems. “I hate just about everyone and everything, but right now there is something I hate even more than usual. Why do people care so much about ‘Stain’?” I had to play dumb and ask questions I already knew. “Didn’t you hire that guy to kill me?” He chuckled a little. 

 

“Well it wasn’t really my decision, but I wouldn’t have minded if he killed you. But society seems to think we were best friends or something. That’s my problem, everybody cares so much about the damned hero killer. After everything I’ve done, releasing the Nomu’s, the U.S.J. attack. Why does nobody notice me? He can grandstand all he likes, but we both just destroy things we don’t like. So what makes us different, Kaminari?” I thought about maybe a way I could phrase it to be better than Deku.

 

“I think the public understands what he wants, more than what you want. He wanted to make the world better, yea he was doing it in a wrong way, but most people understand why he was doing it. He wanted heroes to be accountable, and wanted more heroes that really deserved the name. Like All Might.” He held on to the little girl’s neck and stared at me, his brain turning and looking for answers. He then came to a conclusion and started laughing. “Of course! Why didn’t I see it sooner!? That’s the reason why I hated him so much! It’s all because of All Might.” ‘Dang, I guess I couldn’t think of anything better or this is just scripted.’ 

 

“That is the reason why everyone, even this stupid little girl can be happy. Cuz All Might always has that annoying grin on his face. Smiling as if to say he can save anybody. I’m glad we had this talk Kaminari. This has done so much for me.” I saw that he was choking the little girl in his excitement. “Shigaraki, I get that you are happy, but I think this conversion is over. Let go of the girl, I promise I wont chase you. You know that I could never leave her alone in an alleyway.” He was smiling and laughing until I broke his concentration with my speaking. He looked down at the crying girl, and shrugged. 

 

It looked like he was about to put his last finger down to kill her, but I went into 2nd Gear to get his attention. “If she dies, you will no longer have any mercy from me. You won’t make it out of this alley.” I said in a cold tone, my body was in a stance to run at him if necessary. He stared at me, scowling that I ruined his fun. He let go of the girl and just as I caught her he was already in a crowd. I looked down at her, she was crying. I gave her a calming smile. “It’s ok, you're ok, everything is going to be fine now. You were so brave. Can you tell me your name?” I kept trying to help her feel better, and get her talking. She spoke between sniffles. 

 

“My-My n-name is Miyu… I am 8 years old…” I gave her a smile as I held her in a bridal carry, my back was already carrying my duffel bag so this was the only way to hold her. “Hi Miyu, I’m Denki. I’m very proud of how brave you were. Are you planning on being a hero when you grow up?” 

 

I kept her talking till I could find one of my friends to call the police. I let one of the girls borrow my phone to call someone, because she forgot it. Miyu began to hug my neck while crying. “I don’t know anymore… I wanted to be one, but I was so scared…” I frowned at what she said. “Miyu… can you look at me.” She unburied herself from my chest and looked up at me, tears still in her green eyes. I gave her a calming smile. “So was I… Heroes get scared too, they just have to smile to help others in the midst of danger. You did great being brave. I think you can make a great hero when you grow up, probably better than I could be.”

 

She just stared at me as I looked around for my friends. I finally found Deku and ran over to him. As I did I looked back down at Miyu. “Everything is going to be ok now. You’re safe, I won’t let anything else bad happen to you” I pressed her against me as I made it to Deku. He was confused as to why I was holding a girl, but I explained quickly. “Deku, Shigaraki held this girl hostage. Call the cops.” He was stunned for a second, but grabbed his phone and dialed the number. I sat Miyu down, and handed her my water bottle. “You thirsty?” She nodded silently and drank some of my cold water. 

 

I kept her close as the others rushed over to see what was happening when they noticed us. I had Deku fill them in while I was taking care of Miyu. She started talking, but only asked questions about myself. “Are you a hero?” I chuckled. “No, I'm one in training.” She nodded while holding my sleeve. “How did that man know you?” “Because we fought each other before.” She frowned a bit at the vagueness of my statement. She then spoke in a lower shaky tone. “Did he really send someone to kill you?” Hearing this everyone who was around looked at me. Momo, Kyoka, and Mina were the ones giving me the hardest stares.

 

I sighed as I had to answer that question. “Yes… He did send someone to try and kill me.” She tugged on my sleeve harder at that. I patted her sky blue hair. “But that’s what being a hero is all about. A hero will always face challenges, but always wins in the end.” She nodded without looking up. “I thought a hero was always supposed to smile… Why weren't you?” I chuckled a little bit. “Because I am still in training. I have a habit of acting wrongly in front of villains.” We kept talking like that until her parents were finally here. “Miyu! Thank goodness you're alright!” “Miyu! I’m so glad you're alright!” They both hugged her and told her how worried they were. Seeing it made me tear up a bit, so I walked away. Until Miyu came running to me.

 

I was confused at what she was doing. She gave me a hug, but her height was much smaller so she was only getting to my stomach. She let go and gave me a smile. I smiled back. “You should go back to your parents. I’m sure they are worried all over again.” She shook her head and asked me to lower myself to her level. I did, and she quickly planted a kiss on my cheek. 

She blushed and while running back yelled. “Thank you for saving me Denki! I’ll be a great hero like you!” I blushed a little bit out of embarrassment and waved her goodbye. I was then pulled back into reality by the girls. “You said Shigaraki asked someone to kill you before. Why was this never mentioned?” Momo spoke first with a scary crooked smile that the other girls were mimicking. “It was ‘Stain’. I had something else happen so I kinda forgot about it until I just saw Shigaraki today.” I quickly answered to try and ease their rage. “What else could have been so amazing that you forgot you almost died?” Mina asked next while tilting her head to the side. 

 

I gulped in fear, and looked at Deku. I never told him it was probably sent by All for One or Shigaraki to capture me specifically. “I was almost kidnapped by a Nomu.” This made them freeze again. Kyoka was the last to speak while her earphone jacks were moving quickly in violence. “And why is this the first time we’re hearing about this?” She tilted her head as her earphone jacks stabbed me in my stomach. “Well… I took care of it easily. That whole day was just too exciting to remember everything…” 

 

They didn’t buy my excuse, but I was saved by the sirens and police taking me away for statements. The girls gave me a look of ‘This wasn’t over’ What were they villains? The cops just wanted my and Miyu’s statement’s of what happened. After they got that we were sent off. I got home tired mentally, and didn’t want to do my training, but I had to do at least one hour. I then got everything set up. I had made a small bug out bag, and finished packing for our summer trip. I made sure to add a gas mask, I couldn’t rely on Momo to be around me to make one.

91