Chapter 116. Watch
2.8k 11 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hey everyone, Calvin here! Just want to say thank you for all of your help on making this story better, and helping out my mistakes. Also I want to thank you all for getting my work up to #1 on 'Boku No Hero Academia' fandom! Yay! Anyway, thank you all so much. It would have been impossible without you all!

The next day rolled around, and I was woken up by knocking at my door. I looked at the time on my phone, and noted it was just past 8 in the morning. I got up sleepily and made my way to the door. I opened it and what greeted me was Kyoka. As soon as I saw her I wrapped my arms around her, and gave her a tight hug. She was startled at first, but returned with her own hug. “I’m glad you’re alright. I… I… I missed you so much.” I had a hard time expressing how much I was happy to see her ok . 

 

She sighed softly while rubbing my back. “Now you know how it feels when you pull these things.” It felt like she just stabbed me, but with her words this time. I nodded while hugging her tightly. “I think I understand a little more now.” She nodded for a bit before letting me go. She looked at me with a lovable smirk and pulled me to her room on the same floor. “If you do, then I think you need to help me unpack my things. I got a lot of heavy equipment, and I think you wouldn’t want to leave me to do it myself would you?” I laughed a little while locking my door. 

 

“Of course not, but I hope that wasn’t your first thought when knocking on my door.” Her face got red as she stabbed me. “It was, I just felt like I would need a hand unpacking. Nothing else.” I put my hand on her head and started petting her short hair. Her face got a shade darker, and I chuckled at seeing her earphone jacks twirl about. We made it inside her room full of boxes, she took the ones filled with clothes, and started putting them inside the dresser. 

I got to work on all of the instrumental elements she was bringing. She had an electric guitar, a bass, a drum set, a sound board, and headphones. There was a lot to unpack and set up, but I was able to manage. I looked at making her bed with her bedsheets having musical notes on them. I smiled at how much she really enjoys music. What did surprise me was her putting black and white tiling design on the ceiling. It did give me the feel of an old diner though. We both put up posters of bands she liked, and I noticed a few cd’s of music were bands that I listened to. She took notice and quickly took them out of my hands. I chuckled at her red twirling earphones. I just hugged her from behind. She yelped a little in surprise, and then I whispered in her ear. “I love you so much. You are adorable.”

 

She stammered for a few seconds before stabbing me, and punching me away from her. I just laughed at the whole ordeal, while she was yelling at me with her face red. I was pushed out of her room, and sent into the hallway. She slammed the door behind me with a huff as I just smiled. I walked over to my room, but noticed a floating pair of clothes around my door. “Hagakure, what’s up?” Her body turned to me, and then back at the door in confusion. “Kyoka, had me help her unpack. Sorry if you wanted to talk.” I saw her hair clip shake violently left and right.

 

“No, you don’t have to worry about that. I was just done early and wanted to hang out in your room.” I shrugged my shoulders and unlocked my door. “Go ahead, but not much has changed from the last time everyone visited.” She giggled as she ran into my room and laid on my bed. I chuckled and sat at my desk in my room. I wanted to get a better look at this watch and this was the perfect time to do so. I turned on my desk lamp, and started to look at every detail of this watch.

 

It was completely black. The strap was made of something synthetic that insulated it and made it extremely durable. I looked at the watch face and just looking at it filled me with unease. Like I was seeing something, but not at the same time. The face was black with deep crimson hands, and white notches to indicate the time. I looked at the underbelly of the watch, and found that it was smooth. ‘But if it was so smooth how did I prick myself on it?’ I felt around, but found nothing. I looked at it closer and to my surprise I couldn’t even find screws. It seemed this thing was welded together. 

 

‘But if it was welded together. How? The material is impossible to heat up.’ I turned the watch over and looked at its face again. It almost seemed to be staring back at me. I looked for the crown of the watch to change the time, but I couldn’t find one either. ‘How does it set the time then? What if I go to a different time zone? Daylight saving… Actually I think they got rid of that… Good.’ The more I looked at the details of this watch the less I could really understand about it.

 

I decided to check for a power source. I looked around for any kind of wind up. I couldn’t find anything of the sort, so I was back to square zero again. ‘Do batteries now, not ever fail? Eventually it should, but how could you ever replace it? I’ve tried…’ I then stood up in excitement. Hagakure, who was looking over my shoulder at what I was doing, stumbled back. “Sorry Hagakure, I have to see the support division!” I yelled as I was going out the door. She rushed behind me as I was jogging to the main school building. “Why do we need to go there? Does it have something to do with that watch?” I yelled in affirmation as we made our way to the first floor of the dorms.

 

Most of the boys were done, and relaxing on the couches on the first floor. I ran past them without giving much thought. Seeing me like this caused them to wonder what I was up to. Deku, and Shoto decided to follow me. I made my way to the school building and looked around for the support division. After I spotted the door I ran towards it and knocked at the door. I wait for a few seconds. I heard noises coming from inside, but they were loud enough to drown out my knocking, so I decided to open the door. When I did I saw tables filled with random machinery. Looking around almost made my head spin with the idea of figuring out what all of these did.

 

I looked over to see just who I needed. She was tinkering in the corner of the room, and was too enamored with her own work to notice me coming in. Power loader noticed me from beside her though. “Hello students. How can I help you?” I waved at him. “Hello power loader. I’m actually here for her.” I pointed at Hatsume. He nodded and got her attention. The moment he pointed at us, she squealed in excitement. “Are you here to get upgrades from my babies!? What would work best with your quirks!? What do you need help with!?” She went off at me, and I just held up my watch.

 

“You guys have already helped me with my tools enough. Thanks for that by the way, but I’m actually here for you to take a look at this.” I held up my watch in front of her face. She looked a little dejected at not making new things, but was immediately interested at what I was showing her. She took it from me carefully and laid it on her desk. She had a large smile that seemed to grow as she was investigating. I was standing right behind her to see if I might be able to see what she was. 

 

She kept mumbling things under her breath that I couldn’t really understand, but the more she talked the more excited she was getting. After a bit she grabbed me with a large smile and shouted. “Where did you get such a fantastical baby!!?” I was surprised at her sudden yelling and grabbing, but I responded anyway. “I found it in my parents room.” She screamed. “Then take me to them! I have to meet the craftsman that created such a masterpiece!” I sighed a little. “You can’t.” She looked dejected at this roadblock, but I tried to get some answers out of her about the watch.

 

“What makes that watch so amazing?” I said while trying to pry myself free from her grip. She let me go and looked at the watch again. “This baby is a mystery! I can zoom into the connection between the halves of the watch and still not find an opening! This baby is airtight! It also has charging ports that appear to only allow a certain voltage through! It is almost like a key, only the correct power and amperage can pass through to charge it! Anything else will just be restricted! I believe that would make this almost like a faraday watch! This watch is also made from materials that make it impossible to weld, but it clearly is! The bottom has some sort of mechanism that locks itself so well, that it remains airtight! All of this was amazing, and I haven’t even gotten to the best part!” She yelled while I was getting more intrigued.

 

“The face of the watch is completely digital!” I looked at it, and saw the hands moving and looked back at her confused. “It just looks like that, but when you zoom in you can see each LED! This entire watch seems to be housing technology that I couldn’t think of! The most interesting thing is why!? Why would the creator go through all of this!?” She grabbed onto me to see if I was as excited as her. I really was, I was very excited to see what it might do. “Where is the charging port?” I asked while picking up the watch.

 

She pointed to a small place at the base of the watch that was hidden behind the strap. ‘No wonder I couldn’t charge it earlier, and feel the electricity.’ I put my finger in the portion of the watch and put in a small amount of electricity. I varied the amount of amperage the most my body could allow. I managed to find the sweet spot, and increased my power. I could feel the almost dead battery charge up with my help. I could see the watch doing something, but it was too fast for me to really get. “Step back, I don’t want to accidentally shock you.” I said as I was putting power into my frontal lobe.

 

Everything felt slower and I was able to look at what the watch was doing. I could see the screen asking for a fingerprint for only a few milliseconds at a time. I brought my thumb to the screen, and placed it on top of the face for the time it wanted me to. It immediately changed to what seemed like a normal smart watch home screen. I looked at it confused for a second before noticing the health app. I tapped the app to open it, and saw all of my biometric data. I looked at all of the information being shown to me. I saw my heart rate (70 right now), my blood oxygen level, my blood sugar level, and more. I was confused at how it knew all of this. I then looked at the connecting window, and what I saw horrified me.

83