Chapter 129. Mirage Battle
2.1k 10 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was then, we all heard the other me yell. “I got a delivery for Denki?” I smiled at myself as he came in through the door. Everyone stopped and stared at the other me dragging something. I laughed at how well my idea was working. “This is downright cheating!” I yelled in between giggles. The other me came over to me with his care package. He was steaming, and had rubble and dirt on the coat, but seemed perfectly all right. He then looked over to Himiko who was still attached to me and smiled. 

 

“I told you I would get you something.” He then showed us a group of random examinees that he captured without tagging. I counted about five he was dragging. Himiko then tackled the other me in a hug and nuzzled her head into his chest. I just smiled at her display. I was a little bit sad that the other me was being hugged, but after the work he did, I say he deserved it. She then started to hold her ball and tag out two people. Gaining her a spot in the 100. I then looked at Jin, who was just as speechless as the rest of the class. “You also deserve to tag out two of your own. This was only possible with you.”

 

He then startled awake at the realization of getting a spot. He sniffled and walked over to both of me, and thanked us both. We both said not to worry about it, at the same time, garnering more looks from the rest of the class. I then looked to the other me as Jin was tagging out two other players. “Are there more?” He nodded and opened the door. “Yea, I couldn’t drag all of them, but there should be at least 10 more around. Just be on the lookout. Never let your guard up.” I nodded as I got serious and looked at the dumbfounded class.

 

“All right! You heard him! If you want the points, tag the paralyzed people! If you want to get your own points, you could always wait for them to regain their movement, or move out to the open area! Denki! Can you help guard?” The other me nodded as we all headed out of the building to see absolute destruction. Everyone was astonished at what my clone could handle with no scratches. I looked at him, and he just turned slightly away. I smiled in jealousy of getting to go all out. “Lucky.” I just said to him as he chuckled back at me. We both scavenged around for paralyzed players for others to tag.

 

I tagged one player, so I could still remain in the match if need be. I looked at the others and they were also tagging the players they could. My clone had to leave at this point though. Jin just tagged his second player after a while inside the building. He was just freaking out of how powerful he could be with a clone of me, and I let him enjoy it. Himiko was waiting in the stands, just watching us from afar. 

“Thanks for the help.” I said to my clone as he smiled back at me. “Please, I almost think I got the better end of the deal. That was so much fun.” He sighed in contentment while thinking of battling against the odds, with so many other opponents. I visoned how much fun that could have been, and he laughed at me. “See you later.” I said as he destroyed himself. I had a smile at seeing him again, in a manner of speaking. I looked back over to see everyone shared the points so we all still needed one each. I nodded and led us to the roof of the building.

 

I looked over at Deku and he looked back at me. I took off my mask and goggles to show my face and breath better. “Now… How do you deal with bringing villains from a distance to you with minimum effort?” I directed the question at Deku, but left it free for anyone to answer. Momo spoke up. “Putting them to sleep would be the best way.” I nodded at her conjecture. “That could work... But most of the enemies here are too far away and spread out for a few gas grenades to work. Plus in this open environment they have a high possibility of avoiding the sleeping gas.” She nodded in understanding and her gears kept turning for a new idea. Deku then came up with his plan in the anime.

 

“We use Sero’s tape, with Mineta’s balls, and Uraraka’s zero gravity! We attach the balls to the tape, Uraraka can make something at the end attached to make it all float, and we can capture all of the stuck enemies!” I gained a large smile and ruffled his curly green hair. “Perfect! Now you’re using your head!” I patted him on the back as the others were preparing Deku scratched the back of his head while hiding a grin that was forming. After a bit of time, and everyone was ready, Deku threw some rocks connected by Sero’s tape and Mineta’s grape balls.  They drifted over with Uraraka’s quirk and grabbed people not paying attention. Everyone was able to get their 2nd elimination and started to leave. I was about to get my last one, but the person I was about to touch turned to smoke.

 

I looked around to try and find any semblance of him around me. I was suddenly hit by a ball from nowhere. I couldn’t see it, I was just hit and the target on my back went off. I then heard giggling from all around me. I frowned and just kept checking around to find the source. I couldn’t find a hint of where she was anywhere. ‘I’ll have to talk to get an opening.’ “Nice trick! With something this powerful, I assume you could easily get your two eliminations already!” I just heard giggling and I could hear Camie talk from all around me at once. “Oh I could totes do that easy, but I wanted to see how well I could go against the #1 of U.A.” 

 

I scoffed at her while looking around. “Is that all you wanted to check?” I heard her giggle more at my question while I was still helpless inside her domain. “I also did want to see everything you like to hide. Totes nothing fun about just taking out anything without a challenge.” I then got a feeling of needing to dodge. I did without any pause, I barely managed to dodge the target on my chest and have the ball hit my left arm. I groaned in annoyance at this quirk. 

 

I then decided to use my training from Snipe. I put my gun back in her holster and closed my eyes. I then just waited. I waited for any sign from my 6th sense. I got a sudden chill down my spine. I had an instinctual feeling of where the attack was coming from, and where it was aimed at me. I quickly turned around to dodge the attack thrown on my back, pulled my gun out of her holster as fast as I could without 2nd Gear, and fired at the direction the attack came from. All of this done in less than a second. I really did learn a lot from ‘Snipe’ about fighting without quirks, but most matches didn’t call for it. So I just went without. However, in this match, I felt the need for his expertise. 'Thank you Snipe.'

 

I heard the rubber charged bullet hit her and the smoke cleared almost instantly. I saw her twitching from the shock from the bullet while laying on some rubble. I then looked around and saw that we were mostly alone. I still had the guy I never tagged, but he was in a different spot than I remembered. “So you lured me with a fake player away from the group, had them all tag out before me, and face me alone.” I looked at her proud smile of her own idea, but I could see a hint of sadness of her loss behind it. I gained a smile myself. ‘The idea was a good one.’

 

I looked at her, then the other player, and sighed. I picked her up, princess carry style and moved her off the rubble. She was startled at what I was doing and just stared at me while I was moving her. I set her down inside the building we were first preparing, and started to walk out the door. “After all of what you did. The strategic use of your quirk, your powerful fighting style, your charisma. I can’t find it in myself to tag out such a great prospect for a hero. Your paralysis will be done soon. Go find someone else to tag out.” I closed the doors behind me and walked over to the passed out contestant.

 

I tagged him out, and got the second tag needed for my completion. I went over to where the rest of the class was sitting and was about to sit next to them, but was pulled away by the girls. Kyoka was dragging my right while Mina was dragging my left. They all had overly happy expressions with darkened eyes. I shivered in fear at them as they all giggled and took me away from the others in class. I sent a pleading look to Shoto, who was one of the only guys that had an idea of my relationship. I looked at me for a second, then grinned and looked away. I lost hope at that point and stopped dragging my legs.

 

We all finished in the first 50 so we had plenty of time before the next part of the exam. The girls sat me down and I looked at all of their crooked smiles with fear. Mina spoke up first. “You wanna tell us about the girl from the other school you decided to pick up like a princess?”

73