Chapter 142. Midnight’s Discovery
1.9k 19 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Midnight just sat frozen at her desk. She got another alert of stirring inside Himiko’s room which was an everyday occurrence. She did have to sleep there. Most of the time Himiko would just talk to herself about making Kaminari fall in love with her, or how his blood tasted. Midnight had to listen in case Himiko kept any secrets from the school. Thankfully, she could turn it off if she felt there was nothing to learn for the night. Tonight was different though. She could hear shuffling constantly. Almost like Himiko was pacing in her room. She said nothing, only mumbling a few things while she kept walking around the room.

 

Midnight kept listening in, waiting for Himiko to say something interesting at least. She had been stuck doing this for so long, and she wasn’t feeling so great about doing it after Kaminari first sang Himiko to sleep. She listened to it, and could feel the emotions from Kaminari's song. She knew some English, but about a quarter if not more went over her head. However, that didn’t seem to matter. She felt so bittersweet when she heard that song, but she couldn’t find it anywhere else she looked. She liked having it on as she went to sleep now. It gave her a sense of home. 

 

However she could only hear that song when Denki sang it. She felt guilty for using a student to lull her to sleep. Especially with the age difference, and how he was already in a relationship. Of course her being his teacher went without saying. She wanted to give this job to anyone else, but she was the only female faculty member high enough for Nezu to trust, and wasn’t swamped in the hospitals. She sighed while listening to Himiko pace around her room for almost an hour at this point. ‘What is she even doing?’ Her question was immediately answered when she heard a knock at Himiko’s door.

 

She could hear a scuffle and then silence. “Himiko, what’s wrong?” Midnight sat up in attention at hearing Kaminari's voice. “Just tell me what’s wrong.” She heard his concern for Himiko and kept listening in for any detail she could gather. She heard them both sit down on the bed in silence. And it remained that way for a bit. Just as Midnight was about to turn up the volume to know whether or not we were just being quiet, what she heard next made her freeze. “I can smell that you kissed everyone else.”

 

Midnight's eyes were wide, almost out of her head with how shocked she was. What shocked her more is what Kaminari said next. “Are you jealous?” She could hear real concern in his voice. 

 

Her mind was everywhere thinking of all the new information just dropped on her like a ton of bricks. She now knew Kaminari was kissing the other girls he was close to. ‘Did the girls know? Is Toga’s insanity triggering Kaminari’s dark side?’ She was lost in thought until she heard Himiko talk again. “No… I just know that is how you probably like to express your love. But I like drinking blood to express it. I just don’t want you to feel like I’m not-” Midnight heard Himiko getting cut off, and almost stood up from her chair thinking of what Kaminari might’ve done.

 

“I can’t lie. So you know I’m telling the truth when I say that I like just embracing you. I like when you drink my blood, and get a little excited when you do.” Midnight was just listening at this point with her mouth slightly agape. ‘Is he actually… Dating all of those girls...?’ Midnight placed her hand on her temple while thinking about how she should proceed from here. She was already feeling guilty about saving a song a student did in private to sleep for some nights. Now she knew about Kaminari's real relationship with all the girls. ‘I made jokes of the love triangle when I first saw it, but not only was he dating them both, he added on!?’

 

Midnight was once again broken out of her thoughts by hearing Himiko and Kaminari kiss, or make out, depending on how you heard it. Hearing this made Midnight blush in embarrassment. She was conflicted to say the least. She shouldn’t listen to this, but she couldn’t bring herself to stop. ‘I have to hear if they say anything else… I’m only listening to get more information…’ After convincing herself she continued to focus on Himiko and Kaminari moaning in passion.

 

Midnight’s face was turning scarlet and she unknowingly had a grin crawling it’s way on her face right now. She gulped as she listened to the both Himiko and Kaminari kissing each other. Midnight could feel herself getting excited at listening to us. She couldn’t help herself. Midnight had to listen to us, and knowing that she shouldn’t seemed to add on to her excitement. She didn’t notice her heart rate increase, and her breathing became sporadic just listening to them both.

 

After a bit longer she heard them take a break. We were breathing a bit heavier than Midnight was. Midnight, now that the buzz had worn off, was feeling extra guilty about listening in on us. She felt even worse at the idea of her getting excited from listening. “I love you so much.” She then came to attention hearing Himiko sounding almost normal. There was only slightly heavy breathing that she could hear now. “I’m in love with you too.” This gave Midnight some pause. ‘He did all of that, without telling her he loved her first!? Why do they-’ 

 

She then heard Denki continue talking to Himiko. After Kaminari said all he wanted to and left the room, Midnight just sat in her chair in silence. ‘He does have a way with words…’ Midnight sighed while thinking about what to do. She was told to give any information about Toga, Jin, or I that was collected. However this didn’t seem pertinent to what Nezu wanted to make sure wasn’t happening. Nezu wanted to make sure none of us were planning something behind his back, but this wasn’t some plan. This was a complicated relationship.

 

Midnight just blushed while thinking back to what she heard. She shook her thoughts away while looking at the listening and recording device. She blushed again, but couldn’t take her eyes off of the device.

68