Chapter-04
274 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I began standing up when a hand reached out in front of me “Sorry about that Mizu.” reaching out to grab the hand of Hanna “It’s fine Hanna, you just surprised me a little is all.” Now fully righted, I walked over to a window seat, with Hanna sitting down in front of me.

As we sat down, the blonde-haired girl I saw when I walked in approached Hanna with her arachnid friend. “I saw what you did during the entrance exam, it was epic.” The spider friend also spoke up “Yeah, your boxing match with the villain bot was so cool I’m surprised you didn’t score higher on the exam.”

 The praise they were giving Hanna reminded me just how pathetic I was during the exam. ‘Let’s just hope they didn’t see the part where I froze and had to be rescued.’ 

“But enough about the practical exam. My name’s Fuyuko and this is Kumo. I hope we can be friends.”

“Yeah me two. My name’s Hanna by the way, I hope we get along.”

Turning back to their seats, Fuyuko and Kumo went to sit down since class was about to start. ‘How did I not notice the classes filling up?’ The room grew noisy with the chitchat of the other students when a loud voice could be heard from the door. A large anthropomorphic lion entered the room wearing a black business suit with a red tie.

“Quiet down students, my name is Professor Honyūrui Raion. Though some of you may know me as the retired hero Jungle King.” The professor paused to allow us to clap, getting no response.

“Ahem, anyway. For our first lesson, you will all be taking part in a physical exam so we can judge your physical attributes when working with your quirks. Now go get changed and meet me out on the practice field.”

With the class gathered on the practice field, Jungle King stood in front of us and spoke, “Now that you are all here we will begin with the 40-yard dash. I want you to show me the full range of your quirks with these tests. Our first participants will be Konchu Kumo and Totsuzen Kieru.”

The first person to step forward was Kumo, the spider guy from early, shortly followed by Kieru who looked like a regular high school student with short black hair and all. As they stepped forward to the starting line, the professor began accounting down “3...2….1 START!”

When he yelled start, I saw Kieru suddenly disappear before reappearing at the end of the line, and as I was trying to comprehend what just happened; I heard a voice to my left “Totsuzen Kieru quirk Vanish allows him to teleport to any location within his line of sight, though the farther he jumps the more severe case of motion sickness he incurs.”

I turn to my left to see a girl standing next to me with apple green hair, wearing round glasses

“How do you know that?”

“It’s my quirk to analyze someone’s quirk though it has its limit. Though depending on the person’s quirk I won’t get any information.”

As I and Mrs exposition continued our conversation, Kumo crossed the finish line with a time of 4.9 after recovering from Kieru display. Once he finished, Professor Jungle King stepped up and addressed us.

“Students stop gaping, you are not venus fly traps I should know since my partner was one.” Once Jungle King brought up his former partner, he got off track of his original point. “I can still remember the day we apprehended my arch-nemesis, Doctor Horse. I never quite understood why we called him that since he was a fly, but it was still the finest moment of my and Snapper’s career. Now enough storytime, let’s get back to the exercise.”

Professor Jungle King called out 4 more pairs of runners before it was my turn “Next up, Henkan Jinro and Narumi Mizu.”

Now that I’m up, it’s time to show the move I prepared just for this situation. I will shoot water from my arms to propel myself forward at a faster rate. With me still inner monologuing how I was going to do this sprint, I failed to notice that the man standing next to me was sprouting hair and his bones audibly broke as he transformed into what looked like a werewolf.

“3...2...1 BEGIN!”

As Professor Jungle King called for us to start, I pushed the moisture from my body into my arm, producing two large streams of water that propelled me toward the finish line. To my left, Jinro was running on all fours, just slightly behind me.

I crossed the finish line with a time of 4 seconds, Jinro slightly slower than me with a time of 4.2. These races continued for another 30 minutes, with Hanna and Fuyuko getting times of 4.7 and 4.8 respectively. A few more exercises later, we were finally finished with the assessment and returned to class, with most of us being worn out.

“Well done, class you have finished your first test. After I review the results, I will determine the best training regime for each student which I expect you to follow to the letter. When the bell rings, you will all head to lunch before finishing out your remaining classes. I hope you all have a wonderful first day.” When Professor Jungle King finished, the bell rang, and the class funneled out to the cafeteria.

7