Chapter-05 + Announcment
117 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I walked toward the cafeteria, I was having an internal crisis. Everything was so different from what I expected. When I arrived here, there was no class 1-C in cannon, no Jungle King and no Hanna. If this much had already changed, what else could differ from what I thought I knew. Has the League of Villains changed? Was All Might still wounded? Did any of my favorite characters even exist? In my dazed state, I fumbled my way through the lunch line and haphazardly followed behind Hanna, and we took our seats at one of the many tables.

I was finally brought back from my dazed state when I felt someone shaking me and looking up. I discovered it was Hanna. “Hey Mizu, are you good? You’ve been blanking out all lunch.”

Staring at her, I quickly tried to think up an excuse. “Oh yeah, I’m fine, don’t worry about it. I was just thinking about something.” Looking back down to my uneaten lunch, I began scarfing as much down as possible just in time for the bell to ring, signaling us to our next class.

“I am entering like a normal person!” as he said that All Might bust through the door. At Least this was the same we would do combat training. All might then show us our hero costumes.This was a big deal for me since I didn’t know what the previous owner of this body submitted so when I went to the boys changing room I was shaking with anticipation over what my costume would look like.

Pulling it out of the metal container, it was a black latex onesie with a deep blue stripe wrapping around my chest and lower back, ending on my legs. It had long sleeves with pipes to a belt that contained what I could only assume was water to help me stay hydrated with extended use of my quirk. The mask went over the back of my head, covering my eyes with goggles, and a breathing mask covering my mouth. Pretty decent design, considering I had no input at all. But enough about my suit now it was time to draw lots for the combat training.

Pulling the lots, I got paired with Chisuke, a girl with dark black hair tied back into a ponytail. She was wearing a long trench coat that was blood red underneath. She was wearing what looked like a normal t-shirt. Chisuke was also wearing a pair of ripped blue jeans. The only thing that really stood out about her costume were the two gauntlets that I assumed had some purpose. 

Our opponents were the green-haired girl I met during the physical exam that could only remember as Mrs. Exposition. I mean, her quirk was just too convenient. Her partner was Kumo, the knock off spiderman from class. 

Going out to one of the buildings, I was nervous about being the heroes, especially with Green Haired on the other team. She seemed like the perfect ‘I don’t have a combative quirk, but I’m so smart I don’t need one’ type. Before I had time to calm my nerves, All Might signaled us to start, so I entered the building only to find the entry covered in spider webs. Staring at the webs, I began thinking of a way to make it through when I was pushed aside by my partner. 

“Move aside, water boy and stay out of my way.” as she said this I could hear a mechanical clicking come from her gauntlets. Then I saw blood drop out of the ends of the gauntlets, but instead of falling to the floor, it formed what looked like a wipe. After a few seconds passed and the whip got to a size she thought was appropriate. I saw her swing her blood tearing through the webs easily, cutting them as she walked into the building, leaving me behind.

 “Hey wait for me!” Following up close behind her, I could see her annoyed face when she saw me, so I opted to avoid conversation and instead keep a close lookout for the opposing team. As we continued through the building, the webs got thicker and thick until we finally reached a large room covered in webs where we saw the bomb be held, although the enemy team was nowhere in sight.

“Hey, maybe we shouldn’t just rush in. What if they’re planning something?” I was grabbing at Chisuke by the harm trying to keep her from rushing and to listen to me. Instead, she ripped her hand from my grasp before walking into the webby mass. Just as I was about to follow her, I felt a cloth cover my mouth as I was pulled roughly backwards and falling onto my ass.

“I think you’re forgetting about someone water gun.” I quickly got back on my feet getting into a fighting stance. She was standing a few feet away, so I sent a high-pressure stream of water in her direction. She easily ducked under, closing the distance faster than I expected, throwing punches into my gut, causing me to erk back in pain. What did you expect? I have had no combat training and barely understood my quirk: of course I was going to get my ass kicked.

Backing away from her, I tried another attack in vain as she moved out of the way of the jet stream, continuing her brutal assault on me as I put up a meager defense. As her flurry of attacks progressed, she eventually tried a large right hook. In response, I shot my knee out towards her with a jet of water extending the range of the hit. I guess she hadn’t expected me to shoot water from my legs since she did not dodge and took the hit head on with a look of surprise crossing her face as she was propelled into a wall close behind her.

She slowly got up, spitting a bit of blood onto the floor and wiping her mouth with her sleeve before looking towards me. “Ok water gun, maybe I underestimated you a little.”

Hello Author here, I just want to apologize for going MIA for so long without an update. I had to take a step back from writing for a while because I hated what I was writing and was struggling to come up with the motivation to continue to write, so instead of doing something I wasn’t passionate about, I put it on hold. I just want to thank anyone who has stuck with this series and welcome anyone who has just picked it up. I’d also like to recommend you check out my new story called Yura Kazane if you want to help support my work. It is also a My Hero fanfic, though it will stay more connected to the plot than this one. Once again, I would just like to thank everyone who has given up their time to read this and I hope I can create a story and characters you can enjoy. See you next chapter.

3