Chapter 161 – Fundraiser
640 7 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"A fundraiser?"

Takei wasn't exactly too clear on what Aurora wanted him to help out with.

"Exactly! We need to drain the students of their money ASAP!"

"I don't think that's something the student council president should be saying..."

During a break in-between classes, Takei was pulled from the middle of a conversation with friends in order to have a chat with Aurora.

Instead of using her typical way of the intercom, a messenger came to him in person and requested that he come to her office.

I never gave her my contact information, so that's kinda on me, I guess?

When he entered her office, he immediately spotted Aurora sprawled out on the couch with a magazine covering her face.

"Um, hello?" He asked, quietly.

"Ah!" Aurora yelled, as she shot up from the couch.

Takei chuckled at how surprised she was to see him even though she had just called him. "Had a nice nap?"

"I was just resting my eyes," Aurora clearly lied.

"Uh huh..." Takei sighed. "So, what do you need me for?"

Aurora grabbed the magazine that had fallen off her face and showed it to Takei. "What else than for a fundraiser that'll bring in tons of money!"

Since her explanation was quite long and winded, a shorter version will be provided.

Essentially, the student council was running low on both people and funds, so Aurora got the ingenious idea to start a fundraiser to raise morale and funds.

"And you asked me because...?" Takei questioned.

In response, Aurora looked at him with an expectant gaze. "You're the only competent worker I have left! Everyone else is too busy with their own tasks, so please!"

There were tears forming around her eyes, including some snot coming out of her nose, which wasn't exactly the best appearance she could have.

What a waste of her beauty, Takei internally sighed.

"I got some extra time on my hands, so I don't mind," Takei stated.

When she heard Takei agreeing to her unreasonable request, Aurora clasped his hands and repeatedly bowed.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!"

***

"I'm so sorry I dragged you into this..."

"It's okay, you probably weren't going to sell many at all if I didn't help out."

"Guh... You're right..."

When Takei had told Akari that he was going to help Aurora out by hosting a fundraiser for her, Akari promised him that she would help out.

That was a good thing though, since Takei's signature disinterested expression was driving away all the customers.

The only saving grace was Akari working as a cute shop girl that invited customers to check out their wares.

For what they were selling, the student council generously gave them some funds to invest into some items to sell.

What Takei and Akari decided on buying were some school merch, cookies, lemonade, and other miscellaneous items that students might like to buy.

They set up shop in the middle of the courtyard during lunch break, but there weren't too many people interested in them at all.

"We're not going to get to the sales goal anytime soon..." Takei muttered.

Even with Akari's charm, they had only managed to get a few odd sales before interest in their little fundraiser curved off completely.

Hearing her boyfriend being so downtrodden made Akari's heart hurt, but she already had a plan just for this scenario.

"Hey, thanks for waiting! We're here to help you out, Takeichi!"

"We heard you needed some help, so we came immediately."

"I'll do my best for you!"

Helena, Rikka, and Arisa showed up in cutesy outfits that were very appealing to the eye no matter what gender you were.

"Hope you didn't think that we were going to skimp out, did you?"

"There was a new event starting right now, but I'll help you out first since I'm your bestest friend in the world."

Even Ryuto and Eiji showed up to help Takei out with his fundraiser.

"You guys..." Takei said, shocked.

He turned towards Akari and just blankly stared at her.

She knew that he wanted an answer for what was happening, so Akari smiled and explained it to him. "I had an inkling that today would be a hard day to fundraise, so I texted the whole group and asked them to come out to help."

It would be very hard to ask high schoolers for money during the middle of the day when they would rather use their money for lunch, so Akari had to find a way to think outside of the box.

"I texted everyone that I know to come over and support the fundraiser in order to keep the student council running smoothly. Let's hope that my text reached their hearts," Akari explained.

She knew that there was no other way of bringing people here other than appealing to their emotions.

That's why Akari decided to use the fond memories of school events hosted by the student council to her advantage.

"Here they come..." Ryuto pointed out.

Following Ryuto's line of sight, a crowd of dozens of students could be sighted.

They all had their wallets in hand and looked determined to support the fundraiser.

"We better get to work then," Helena smiled.

"Let's give it our all!" Arisa excitedly said.

When the wave of people reached them, the group of seven began their defense against the onslaught of customers.

"Two cookies, a cup of lemonade, and a T-shirt? That'll be $7.88 for you sir," Eiji said, while working with a customer.

"Cookies on the left side, lemonade on the right side, and school merch in the middle. Please follow the lines accordingly!" Ryuto instructed.

"T-theres small, medium, and large sizes for the shirts and pants. Ah, the necklaces are only $1.50!" Arisa explained.

There was an incredible amount of people lined up to buy stuff from them, which made Takei question how many connections Akari actually had.

From his perspective, it looked like almost the whole school was here.

There was a ridiculously high chance that they would reach the fundraising goal before lunch break even ended, which made Takei really happy.

Glancing over to his side, he noticed that Akari was hard at work with communicating with the customers and enticing them to buy everything the fundraiser had to offer.

Once again, the goddess saved my butt, Takei thought. What an overpowered individual.

Akari noticed him looking at her, so she smiled mischievously and flashed a peace sign at him.

In response, Takei gently smiled and lightly nodded his head. "Thank you."

He decided that he would spoil her lots later as a reward, but that was an idea for later when they were no longer working.

"Yosh, let's get back to work!"

Go Explode! Idiot Couple Meter: 30 -> 36%

The goddess comes in clutch once again!

Serious-san: Eh? Isn't she too OP?

Sugar-chan: The author sucks at power-scaling :(

Author-san: ...

14