Avengers Assemble
1.6k 18 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Here's my take on the Harry Potter crosses to Marvel story. I hope you enjoy all of the nearly 17,000 words of it.

Harry Potter had had enough. He had finally saved the wizarding world from an evil maniac and all everyone did was come to him to solve their problems as if he was Dumbledore. He couldn't even get into the Auror Training Program because he hadn't graduated from Hogwarts; and yet, everyone thought he knew everything and could help them. It was beyond annoying. He had actually started making things up when people came to him with their problems and they still did everything he said.

Unable to grasp the sheer stupidity of the wizarding world, Harry went to the goblins to settle things. To say the goblins weren't happy with him was an understatement. Even when he explained that he was only after a horcrux, they had cursed at him and told him that he should have just told them about it and they would have handled it. The damages to the bank, the cost of the dragon and raising it since it was a baby, was taken from Harry's vault.

Harry tried to protest that Ron and Hermione had also helped and learned that both had been banned from the bank and their families would never be allowed to step foot into Gringotts. Bill Weasley had also been fired over it and his own vault was confiscated until such time that the fines and things his brother Ron had incurred were paid.

On the plus side, Harry had his inheritance from Sirius Black and wasn't poor by any means. He emptied what was left from his family vault into an expand trunk like Moody's seven compartment one and then added what was inside the Black Family vault. Luckily, Bellatrix had perished, so her vault had reverted back to her birth family and the contents now belonged to Harry.

Harry sighed at that, thinking that he could have just killed Bellatrix and gotten the horcrux without having to rob the bank. His squeamishness over committing murder had dropped during the final battle where a lot of his friends and people he knew had fallen to Voldemort's forces. He now knew that some deaths were necessary.

The trunk had a self-shrinking charm on it and Harry used it. He hung it on his necklace with the moleskin pouch and left the bank, also with the same restriction of being banned. His was for life, however. It was his plan to rob the bank and to swindle the goblins, so his untrustworthiness would forever bar him from a good relationship with the goblins.

Harry went to Grimmauld Place and saw that it was once again decrepit, having been empty for nearly a whole year while Kreacher worked at the castle. He went right up the stairs to the Black Library and took out his trunk. He was sure that he didn't want to do this; but, he also didn't want to leave these books for anyone else to find or steal, namely the Ministry.

It took several hours before Harry had packed all of the books into the trunk in their own compartment and closed it. He had even taken the darker cursed books that he had to levitate into the trunk and not actually touch. Those he would destroy at the first opportunity, assuming what he was going to do next would actually work.

After that, he had two stops to make. He went back into the Forbidden Forest to the spot where he had dropped the Resurrection Stone and used Accio to get it back. He slipped it into his moleskin pouch and went back to the school grounds to Dumbedore's tomb. He wasn't surprised to see that it wasn't locked or even barred with magic.

“Wizards are so stupid.” Harry whispered and entered, easily taking back possession of the Elder Wand and left a conjured replica instead. He left that place and locked up before he went to Diagon Alley and bought a bunch of essential things to take with him before he went to the Ministry of Magic.

People greeted him as if they were old friends and he had to fight his instincts to curse them for being so stupid. He tried to ignore them and actually managed to get into an elevator all alone. He rode it down to Level Nine and stepped out into a familiar corridor, took the right path and went through the black door that had cost him his godfather two years before.

“The Death Chamber.” Harry spoke and the spinning anteroom stopped and the door opposite of where he stood opened into the right room. Surprisingly, no one was around, even though it was the middle of the day. It was almost as if they were allowing him to do this.

Harry chuckled at the thought and assumed his guess was right as he approached the middle of the room and the Veil of Death. The voices inside were quite loud, even louder than they had been before, and he assumed that was because he had touched each of the three Hallows as their owner. He was also sure that he counted as being the Master of Death, because he finally had all three of them on him at the same time.

“Well, here goes everything.” Harry said and jumped through the archway.

*

“Doctor, what's going on?” Nick Fury asked as the energy from the tesseract flared.

“Honestly, I have no idea. It's like something external is affecting it.” Dr. Selvig said and scratched his head in confusion at the odd readings coming from the tesseract.

Just then, the machine the tesseract was inside shot out a solid beam of power across the room to the platform that was supposed to have a storage unit on it. Instead of storing the energy, a very large portal opened up and then seemed to explode as the energy flowed up the walls and to the high ceiling.

The guards immediately drew their weapons and carefully approached the platform because there was now a kneeling man there that hadn't been there before. That man slowly stood up and lifted a very wicked spear with a glowing blue crystal mounted in it.

“Sir.” Nick Fury said as he stared at the clear threat. “Please... put down the spear.”

The man started to sneer and the spear started to glow brighter... then the energy on the ceiling made a cracking sound and a second man fell out of the reformed and highly unstable portal. He fell head first onto the standing man and they both crumpled to the floor in a heap.

“Bloody HELL!” Harry yelled and groaned as he sat up and rubbed his head, then he looked up at the churning portal energy. “Really? REALLY? I gave you your things back and you dropped me on my head? Thanks a LOT!”

Everyone in the room were stunned by this development.

“Get off of me, you insect!” The man under Harry spat.

“Oh! Sorry about that.” Harry said and stood up. “I didn't have any choice there, just so you know.”

The first man growled and slowly stood up. “You are annoying me.” He said and gripped the spear in his hand as it glowed again.

“Hey, don't get angry at me. It wasn't my fault.” Harry said and held up his hands.

“I don't care!” The man said and drove the spear forward to stab Harry in the chest.

Harry had years of quiddich practices and also dodging curses from death eaters and a dark lord. His body moved almost like water as he bent around the spear and his hand shot out to grab the shaft right behind the other man's hand.

“You just tried to kill me.” Harry said, surprised.

“I never try. I do.” The man said and yanked the spear back... only for it to not move. “What?”

“I'll be taking that, thank you.” Harry said and his free hand formed a fist as he punched the first man in the face.

“GAH!” The first man grunted as he was launched nearly twenty feet away and he clutched at his face. He landed on his back and slid another five feet away.

“Whoa.” Harry said and looked at his fist. “I guess she was right. I am a lot stronger here.”

“Sir.” Nick Fury said again as he looked at the second man that also seemed to be a threat. “Please... put down the spear.”

“No, I don't think so. I was promised a focusing object to replace what I gave up.” Harry said and flipped the spear around to stand it on its end, then it shrank down to only be the size of a foot long wand. “Plus, it really likes me and doesn't want me to let it go.”

Dr. Selvig was shocked by that. “It's a spear. It's not sentient.”

Harry couldn't stop his smile as he recalled the perfect thing to say. “The wand chooses the wizard.”

Nick Fury used the distraction to put the tesseract into a secured carrying case before he tried to sneak away.

“No. NO!” The first man shouted and stood up on shaky legs. “I am Loki, of Asgard. I have been blessed with glorious purpose and I will not let you ruin my moment!” He spat and then glared at Nick Fury. “Please don't. I still need that.”

“Things don't have to get messier.” Nick Fury said as he came to a stop.

“Of course it does. I've come too far for anything else.” Loki said.

“Loki?” Dr. Selvig asked with wide eyes. “Brother of Thor!”

“We have no quarrel with your people.” Nick Fury said and raised a hand in a placating manner.

“An ant has no quarrel with a boot.” Loki said, as if imparting wisdom.

“Are you planning on stepping on us?” Fury asked, surprised at the analogy.

Loki smiled. “I come with glad tidings... of a world made free.”

“Free from what?” Fury asked.

“Freedom.” Loki said and grinned. “It is the ultimate lie and...”

“Yeah, I think I've heard enough.” Harry said pointed his new wand at Loki to cast a silent Incarcerous.

Loki was suddenly wrapped in solid steel cables from his chest to his knees. He toppled over and landed on the floor with a surprised look on his face. “Seidhr!” He spat. “You Ergi filth! Release me at once!”

Harry waved his wand at Loki and the man's mouth snapped shut. “I might not know the terms you used; but, I know a substitute curse word when I hear it.”

“I know the terms.” Dr. Selvig said and walked over to Harry with his hands up in surrender. “Please don't attack me.”

Harry chuckled. “I'm not some crazy lunatic that's threatening all of mankind.” He said and flicked his hand to make the wand disappear. What they didn't know was that it wasn't gone and he had just slipped it up his sleeve into a wand holster. “What were the words he said?”

Dr. Selvig smiled and came to a stop in front of Harry. “Seidhr, or Sedhr, is the term that Norse gods used for a practitioner of witchcraft and sometimes a seer or fortune teller.” He said and looked Harry over, only to see odd sized clothing and they looked rather worn and ratty, as if they were second hand. “Ergi is a term that they used to call someone that was effeminate or womanly.”

Harry looked down at his own crotch and laughed. “Nope, it's still there.”

Clint Barton, whom had a gun trained on Harry, laughed as well.

“In the old traditions, it was the women that were the magic users. He was calling you down because you are a man and used magic on him, which is counter to his people's beliefs.” Dr. Selvig clarified.

Harry gave Loki a scathing look for a second and then burst out laughing.

“What's so funny?” Nick Fury asked.

“From the stories I've read, Loki's a magic user! Ha ha ha!” Harry said and kept laughing.

Dr. Selvig started laughing as well. “You're right! He insulted himself! Ha ha!”

His female assistant laughed, too. The security guards on the other hand, didn't know what to do with the situation.

“Secure that... man... and pack up. This location is compromised.” Nick Fury said when the laughing died down. “What's your name, stranger?”

“Harry Potter.” Harry said and was glad that there was absolutely no recognition on any of their faces.

There was a rumble from above them and they all looked up to see the wildly churning energy.

“Oh, damn! The portal energy is destabilizing!” Dr. Selvig said and ran over to his computer. “We have less than two minutes to evacuate before it explodes and a hundred tons of dirt buries us!”

Harry flicked his wrist to make his wand appear and pointed it up at the energy. He waved the wand in a complicated pattern for a second and the swirling energy froze in place.

“Huh. That actually worked.” Harry said and ignored the shocked looks on everyone's faces, then he had a crazy idea. “Does anyone have any money on them?”

Everyone looked at each other in confusion until one of the guards took out a ten dollar bill from his pocket to give to the being.

“Thank you.” Harry said as he took it and looked at the thing on both sides. He closed his eyes and felt the bill to remember the texture, then held it up to the lights to see if it had any watermarks. It didn't, so he handed it back. “Thanks.”

“Uh, sure.” The guard said and put the money back in his pocket. “What did you need it for?”

“An experiment.” Harry said and pointed his wand back up at the immobilized energy. “I can't just leave that energy there.”

Harry had learned the transfiguration spell way back in his first year at Hogwarts and used more advanced versions in the years after that, so he could easily use it now. He knew that his quite powerful wand would also make things a lot easier.

Ten seconds later, everyone but him were shocked when hundreds of thousands of ten dollar bills dropped to the floor in a huge pile that spread out and all of the energy that had gathered on the ceiling was now gone.

Harry created a simple case and then summoned all of the money and packed it inside with two flicks of his wand. “No one saw anything, right?”

Nick Fury was too stunned by what he had just seen to comment.

“If they all have the same serial numbers, you won't be able to spend any of them.” Clint said and held in his laugh at the blatant crime happening in front of him that no one was trying to stop.

“Don't worry, they're sequential.” Harry said with a grin as he picked up the case. “So, how do I get out of here? Where's the exit?”

That question brought Nick Fury out of his shock. “I'm sorry. You can't leave.”

Harry's happy face changed to a blank face. “Excuse me?”

“You need to be brought in and...”

Harry flicked his wand at the black man and froze him in place. “You'll be fine in an hour. Or ten.” He said and used his eyes to quickly look around for the telltale red exit sign.

“Hold on, you can't just...” Clint started to say and then Harry disappeared with a crack. “Dammit.”

“I never read about witches doing that.” Dr. Selvig commented.

“I'm a wizard, not a witch.” Harry's very loud voice said from all around them before the service door that lead to the stairs closed with a loud bang.

Eight hours later, a very angry Nick Fury unfroze. He also desperately needed the bathroom.

*

The Black Widow, aka Natalia Romanova, aka Natasha Romanoff, aka a bunch of other aliases when necessary, was currently strapped to a chair and was being interrogated by a Russian general. She took several heavy slaps to the face and a trickle of blood rolled down her chin from her bottom lip.

“You go back to your boss and tell him I won't have anyone else trying to encroach on my territory or take my weapons deals.” The man said and nodded at the man he was using to slap the woman around.

The second man smiled and went to hit her again when a cell phone went off.

“Is that your phone?” The Russian General asked and the man shook his head. He looked around and saw a small black thing on the table with the tools he intended to use to get the woman to talk. He picked it up. “Hello?”

“Put the woman on.” Phil Coulson's voice said.

The Russian General frowned. “Who is this?”

“I am someone that can have an F-15 launch missiles at you to wipe out half of a city block.” Phil said. “Now put the woman on before I erase you from the face of the earth.”

The Russian General reluctantly held the phone to Natasha's ear.

“What is it? I'm working here.” Natasha said, upset at the interruption.

“You have to come in.” Phil said.

“Right now? This idiot's been spilling everything about his illegal operation.” Natasha said and ignored the man's non-verbal denial.

“We've had an incident.”

“Hold on.” Natasha said and proceeded to break out of her confinement and beat the hell out of both men that had held her captive.

“Is everything all right?” Phil asked when the sounds stopped.

“It's fine.” Natasha said. “Tell me what's going on.”

“Fury's activated the Avengers Initiative and we need you to bring the big guy in.”

“Tony? I've already burned that bridge.” Natasha said.

“No, the big big guy.” Phil said and Natasha's eyes widened. “There's a plane waiting for you at the airport.”

“All right.” Natasha said and hung up as she walked out of the old warehouse. She typed up a message and tagged the place as where the illegal weapons were being stored and requested a clean-up team to handle it.

*

“I can't believe I'm actually here.” Dr. Selvig said as Phil Coulson led him into Stark Tower.

“We just need Tony to confirm your research and to verify the signal from that weapon is traceable.” Phil said and used a device on the elevator to override the lockout. The doors opened and he took out his cell phone to call Tony Stark. He did it as a distraction until the elevator reached the penthouse apartment and the doors opened.

“Hey, I didn't authorize you coming in here.” Tony said and hung up his phone.

“Hey, Phil.” Pepper Potts said and waved in greeting.

“Phil? His name's not Phil. That's Agent.” Tony said and Pepper laughed as she walked over to Phil.

“Don't mind him. We were celebrating me controlling twelve percent of his company.” Pepper said with a warm smile.

“I'm sorry to interrupt; but, we had an incident at the research facility and need Tony to look over what happened. We also need his help tracking down something.” Phil said. “This is Dr. Selvig.”

“It's an extreme pleasure to meet you, Miss Potts.” Dr. Selvig said and shook her hand.

“That's pretty heavy handed flirting for an older guy.” Tony said and took a drink of his scotch.

Pepper laughed again. “I can see you three are going to get along swimmingly.” She said and took the thick file folder from Phil and walked back over to Tony. “Do your homework and I'll see you next week.”

“But, what about us and our plans? The Jacuzzi?” Tony asked.

Pepper kissed his cheek. “I'm taking the jet and flying out tonight instead of in the morning.”

“Agent, I am never forgiving you.” Tony said with a playful scowl.

Pepper gave Tony a one arm hug and walked across the room as she swayed her hips a bit more than she normally would. When she reached the elevator, she glanced back to see that Tony had been staring at her. She blew him a kiss and closed the elevator's doors.

Tony shook his head at his hot assistant and plugged the flash drive into his computer. The holographic display flickered into life and files automatically opened. “All right, fellas. You've already ruined my night. You might as well fill me in.”

Phil and Dr. Selvig told him what happened as Tony started waving his hand to move the files and images around to get to the relevant ones.

“So, you have two Asgardians appearing and not just one.” Tony said ten minutes later and froze the video to look at the huge spear with a glowing stone in it.

“Loki is confirmed.” Phil said. “No one has ever heard of a god named Harry Potter.”

“That's because there isn't one.” Dr. Selvig said. “I saw his face up close when he said his name. He was actually happy that no one recognized it.”

“He also got away with a case full of magically created money.” Phil said.

Tony blinked his eyes in surprise for a moment as he skipped through the security video to watch it. “How much do you think?”

“Rough estimation was about two million dollars.” Phil said. “We also have the serial numbers. He said they were sequential.”

Tony chuckled. “Sequential from what?”

“He used a ten dollar bill and copied it.” Phil said. “We're tracking them now and if any appear, we'll pick up his trail that way.”

“Not likely. He sounds too astute to fall for that.” Tony said and rewound the video to watch it in real time. “Okay, that was awesome. He handled a Norse god that easily, which is why I think he is one himself, even if he doesn't know it.”

“That would explain why he also appeared from the portal energy completely unharmed.” Dr. Selvig said. “He commented that he was told he would be strong here.”

“Hmm.” Tony rubbed his chin and stared at the energy signature that was similar and yet different than the tesseract. The wavelengths were similar; but, the radiation they gave off was different. “I think the energy can be tracked. I don't have the resources here to try and build a device for it, though.”

“We'll cover that part.” Phil said and handed Tony a card. “Go to this address in the morning and you'll be taken to an appropriate facility to start working on this.”

Tony took the card and nodded. He watched the two men leave in the elevator and wondered what trouble he could get up to when he reached wherever it was they would be taking him. He chuckled and started gathering up a few things that he would need.

*

“Your country needs you, Captain.” Nick Fury said as he watched Captain America working out.

“You do realize that was a costume and a nickname, don't you?” Steve Rogers asked and punched the heavy bag.

“They promoted you as soon as you landed that Hydra assault plane in the ice.” Fury said.

Steve barked a laugh and punched the bag with all of his strength. It snapped in half and flew across the room fifteen feet before the pieces fell to the floor of the gym. “A lot of good that did me.”

“We have a threat to this country that we can't contain without your help.” Fury said.

“I'm to go at it alone?” Steve asked and picked up another heavy bag to hang up and kept punching.

“I'm actually assembling a team to help track the being down.” Fury said and held out a file folder. “Here's the information we have so far.”

Steve opened the folder and the very top image was the tesseract. “Not that thing again.”

“It activated on its own and created a portal that two alien beings came out of.” Fury said. “We've stored it in a secure location and we already have Loki in custody.”

Steve raised his eyebrows at the name. “Like the Norse god?”

“Exactly like it.” Fury said. “It's the second being that's going to be difficult to bring in. No one has heard about anyone named Harry Potter.”

Steve flipped through the pages and most of the scientific things went right over his head. He stopped at the captured image of the man they would be looking for. “He's just a kid.”

“The experts say he's eighteen to twenty, assuming he's not Asgardian, which means he could be centuries old.” Fury said.

Steve sighed and closed the folder as he handed it back. “I'll pack my things. It was getting boring just sitting around here anyway.”

“Your flight will be on the tarmac in an hour.” Fury said and left before the man changed his mind.

*

Bruce Banner had seen a lot of things in his life and he had done a lot of things while on the run. What he hadn't done before was meet a beautiful redheaded spy, not that he knew of at any rate. She had also brought him to a military aircraft carrier that was a flurry of activity.

“I can't believe I agreed to do this.” Bruce said as the transport carrier came in for a gentle landing.

“You'll get used to the outrageous if you stick around long enough.” Natasha said and hit the release for the rear door. She didn't wait to see if the man she was sent for, followed her. Men always followed her.

Bruce Banner followed her. “I don't think this is a good idea.”

“Relax, doctor.” Natasha said and walked over to a tall blond man. “Captain America.”

“Steve, please.” Steve said and nodded to her. He had been warned to not try and shake the woman's hand. “Who's this?”

“Doctor Bruce Banner. He's going to help us track down the entity.” Natasha said and watched the men shake hands. She smiled slightly because neither of them had offered to shake hers. “We better get inside. The ship's about to depart.”

A loud rumbling could be heard and Steve walked over towards the side of the flight deck with Bruce right behind him. He and Bruce looked over the edge to see the water churning... and then a giant rotating propeller was revealed as it pushed the water down and lifted the ship slightly.

“Yes, this is a terrible idea.” Bruce commented.

Steve chuckled and they walked over to the door that Natasha held open for them. The three of them went up to the command deck and met with Fury, Clint Barton, Dr. Selvig, and Tony Stark as they stood near a large meeting table. Just then, the entire aircraft carrier lifted up and out of the water to reveal that it was actually a giant hovercraft.

“I want one!” Tony exclaimed loudly as he looked at the different screens where Fury stood.

Natasha had to stifle a laugh and Tony winked at her as he discreetly placed a hacking device on a nearby console.

“So, why are we all here again?” Bruce asked. “Just to track down one person?”

“He's an unknown entity, a possible alien from another world, a possible forgotten Norse god, and he has magic powers.” Nick Fury said and that had everyone's attention on him. “Yes, that is why we need to find him. Unchecked, he could cause untold damage and wreak havoc across the planet.”

*KRACKOOOM!*

Everyone jumped from the sound of lightning striking the flight deck, even though there wasn't a storm front anywhere near them, then a large being wearing a red cape dropped from the sky above them and landed on the deck where the large scorch mark was. His long blond hair whipped around him from the buffeting winds, as did his cape. He stared up into the command deck with a frown on his face.

“Please come inside. The door is on the right side by the stacked crates.” A woman's voice said over the intercom and external speakers. The man's frown disappeared and he nodded before he walked towards the door.

“Agent Hill!” Fury spat. “You just invited an unknown being inside a restricted area!”

“He was coming in anyway.” Maria said with a shrug. “I would rather him come in normally instead of smashing through the forward windows.”

“She makes a good point.” Tony said and propped his feet up on the table and relaxed. “If I wasn't already seeing someone, I would totally do you.”

“I'm flattered.” Maria said, sarcastically.

“You should be. I'm awesome.” Tony said with a huge grin on his face.

Clint and Natasha exchanged amused looks.

“I have come for my brother.” The tall blond man said as soon as he entered the bridge.

“And you are?” Nick Fury asked.

“I am Thor Odinson, of Asgard.” Thor said. “You will release my brother to me now.”

“You do realize that you have no authority here.” Fury said, trying to establish dominance.

“Do not make me use force, Midgardian.” Thor said and no one missed him gripping the handle of the large metal hammer in his hand. “Loki must return to Asgard to answer for his crimes.”

“Director Fury, that's pretty reasonable.” Maria said and everyone turned to look at her, some with surprise on their faces. “All Loki is guilty of here is trespassing and uttering threats.”

“He also almost blew up a shield facility and then he said that we were ants and he was going to step on us.” Fury responded with a growl.

“He's adopted.” Thor said, surprising everyone.

“We also have someone else that came out of the portal with him.” Dr. Selvig said.

Thor turned to look when he heard the familiar voice and smiled. “ERIK! My friend!” He exclaimed and walked over to hug the man. “How are you? I haven't seen you in ages!”

Dr. Selvig chuckled. “It's only been a few months.”

“Yes, ages!” Thor said with a huge grin. “How is Jane? I would see her if I wasn't on a mission from my father to bring Loki home.”

“She's been sent to a science conference in Europe to get her away from danger while we track down the man Loki called a Seidhr.” Dr. Selvig said.

“A Seidhr? Truly?” Thor asked, surprised. “I haven't heard of one being around in over a century.”

Fury gave Steve Rogers a pointed look and the man nodded slightly.

“We have the energy signature of the staff, thanks to Dr. Selvig's recording equipment. Even if it's shrunk, the energy readings it gives off should allow us to track it.” Tony said. “I'll need help building the device, though.” He looked at Bruce. “I read your work on gamma particles. Fascinating stuff.”

“Thank you.” Bruce said.

“I'm also a big fan of you turning into a giant green rage monster.” Tony said with a smirk and Bruce groaned a little. “Oh, don't be like that. I like the rest of you, too.”

Clint laughed and then coughed to cover it up.

“Agent Romanoff, please show them to the labs and give them access to the materials storage.” Fury said and motioned to the back of the command deck.

“Come with me.” Natasha said and walked towards the door at the back of the room. “We have all the latest toys.”

Once again, she wasn't worried about them not following her. They always did. Both men followed her.

“I would like to see my brother.” Thor said when they were gone.

“I can arrange that.” Fury said. “Have a seat for now and catch up with Dr. Selvig. He's only here consulting if we need him to clarify any of his research.”

“I offered to help with building the machine and Mister Stark said something about too many chickens in the coop, whatever that meant.” Dr. Selvig said and sat down.

Thor sat as well and put his hammer on the table. “Friend Erik, do not despair. Your skills in your field are unprecedented.” He said and looked at Maria Hill. “We require drinks!”

“I'm not a waitress.” Maria said and glared at him.

“You are the most important woman here, are you not?” Thor asked and she nodded. “Then would you trust anyone else with getting a proper drink for a god and his friend?”

Maria opened her mouth to respond with a scathing remark, then she thought about it and sighed. “Fine. I'll be right back.”

“Can you bring one for me, too?” Steve asked and sat down across from Thor.

Clint barked a laugh at Maria's frown and decided to mitigate the damage to her reputation. “I'll help.”

Maria nodded her thanks and the two of them left to get drinks for the others.

*

Harry Potter was having the time of his life. He had led a quiet and sheltered life for nearly two decades on his old world and this was the first time he had ever visited a nightclub. Of course, he was wearing a very expensive suit that he bought earlier that day and spelled to be resistant to dirt and wrinkling. He had learned the spells from Hermione during the horcrux hunt, as well as cleaning spells for clothing, himself, and items.

“You're really handsome!” A very pretty blonde woman shouted over the loud music as she danced next to him. She hadn't even introduced herself before she had grabbed his hand and dragged him onto the dance floor. There was no rhyme or reason to people's movements, so Harry had pretty much let the music fill him and he jumped around and moved however he wanted to the music's beat.

“You're only saying that because I'm rich!” Harry shouted back and she laughed.

“Is that an English accent I hear?” She asked as she moved closer.

“British, born and raised.” Harry said and she smiled sexily.

The song ended and a slow song started playing. The woman slid into his personal space and her hands went to his shoulders expectantly. Harry wasn't stupid and took the hint as he put his arms around her waist. The woman smiled and cuddled in as she slowly started to sway. Parts of her body touched his and Harry was quite aroused by it. He had danced with Hermione like this in the tent during the horcrux hunt and he hadn't grown hard because of it.

As if she knew what he was thinking, the blonde woman slid her arms around his neck and put her head on his shoulder as hugged him tightly. Her thigh rubbed against him and she hummed happily at the feeling of how hard he was.

“I haven't had anyone react like that before.” The woman whispered and then her lips lightly touched his neck. “Am I really turning you on so quickly?”

Harry wasn't sure if he should answer that, considering he hadn't slept with anyone before. He also came from a very repressed society that almost never showed a lot of affection. In the end, he decided to be honest.

“I haven't danced with anyone that got me hard, either.” Harry admitted.

The woman lifted her head to look into his eyes. “Have you been out dancing before?”

“A few times. It wasn't like this, though.” Harry said and waved at the packed room around them.

The woman laughed. “Yes, New York is kind of the party capital of the world.”

“I didn't know that.” Harry said. “I only arrived here last week.”

“Really? Where are you staying?” She asked, curious.

“The presidential suite at the Regent Hotel.” Harry told her.

“Oooo, I've always wanted to stay there. It looks so beautiful and regal.” The woman said and put her head back on his shoulder. “I could never afford it, though.”

Harry smiled at her not so subtle attempt to get him to take her there. He had just met her and she wanted him to take her to his hotel room. He almost laughed at how ridiculously easy it was to find a woman to sleep with in America. He had noticed that a lot of the women in the club had looked at him at some point. Most of them gave him a second glance, too.

He didn't have a lot of experience with dating a girl and he was sure that if he did try to do anything like that with any woman here, they would laugh at him. He would need to look up what an appropriate date was, now that he was an adult. Not that he would find a woman to date here, because most of them looked like what Ron called a 'party girl'. Someone that would party with whomever she happened to be with at the time.

Harry laughed when he thought of Molly Weasley and her calling them scarlet women.

“Being poor isn't funny.” The woman said. She didn't sound angry, though.

“Oh, I know. I was less than dirt poor for the first eleven years of my life. I didn't realize exactly how rich I was for another six years and then the bank was robbed a year later.” Harry said without admitting that he was the one to rob the bank. “When I finally went back a year later, I had lost nearly half of my fortune and withdrew the rest.”

“Oh, my god.” The woman whispered.

“It's all right. I took what I had and left that life behind.” Harry said. “Now I'm here and it's been great. It's almost like a whole new world for me to explore.”

----

...a whole new world for me to explore.” Harry's voice said from the speaker.

“Is this guy for real? He would probably never tell us anything if we asked and yet he's telling some random woman everything about himself.” Clint said with a shake of his head and heard several chuckles behind him in the large surveillance van. “I've always known that Natasha was good; but, this is bordering on ridiculous.”

“Don't look a gifted agent in the mouth.” Tony said and laughed at his own joke, then he stopped and looked pale. “Please don't tell her I just compared her to a horse. She'll gut me.”

Clint laughed at the billionaire's panicked face. “My mike isn't live.”

“Whew.” Tony said and relaxed back in the chair. “Let me know when I need to suit up.”

“Nat's still working, so it might be a while. If she discovers anything, I'll hit the alarm and send the extraction notice.”

Tony nodded and closed his eyes to take a nap. He couldn't help but wonder if Natasha enjoyed her job when she had to act like a loose floozy. He tried to get that image out of his head and he couldn't.

Stupid sexy assassin. Tony thought and drifted off to sleep with a smile on his face.

----

“I'm having so much fun!” Harry said and took another drink from his iced tea. “These things are delicious!”

“So are you.” The blonde woman said and leaned in to kiss his cheek. She did so, then gave him a pointed look. She smiled when he took the hint and kissed her on the lips. She slipped several knockout pills into his drink and kept kissing him until the pills dissolved completely.

“Wow.” Harry whispered when she broke the kiss. “I'm hard again.”

The blonde woman laughed and gave him a quick kiss. “I think you need to finish that drink and then you need to take me back to your room.”

Harry stared at her for several moments as he contemplated his options. Seeing that he really had no other choice after leading the woman on for the last hour, he upended the nearly full drink and guzzled it.

The blonde woman stared as nearly a litre of alcohol was drunk in less than ten seconds.

Harry smacked his lips when he was done. “AH! Delicious! Let's go!” He exclaimed and grabbed her hand before he pretty much dragged her out of the nightclub. There were a line of cabs waiting and he took her to the first one.

“The Regent and step on it.” Harry said and tossed a hundred dollar bill at the driver while he and the blonde sat down.

“Yessir!” The man shouted as he caught the bill and squealed the tires as he shot out of his parking space and zoomed down the street.

The blonde woman couldn't stop her laugh as they zipped through traffic like it was standing still. They arrived at the expensive hotel in only five minutes, even though it was supposed to be a fifteen minute drive.

Harry opened her door to help her out, then tucked her arm through his as if he was escorting her to a ball. No one in the hotel reacted to that at all and Harry took her over to the elevator. They rode it up to the top floor and the blonde woman reacted as Harry thought she would.

“It really is beautiful up here!” The blonde woman gushed as she looked around like a tourist in a tourist trap.

It was a full sized apartment and not just a bedroom like some hotel rooms. She walked around and commented on everything, from the plush couches to the ornate silverware on the dining table. Harry opened the doors to the balcony and the woman rushed over past him to go right to the edge.

“WOOOOOW! Look at that view!” The blonde woman exclaimed and her hands gripped the railing.

“The view from here is spectacular.” Harry said from behind her.

The woman turned and saw that he wasn't looking out over the famous New York skyline. No, he was looking right at her. She blushed and turned her face away slightly as if to hide it.

Harry walked over to her and lightly touched her chin to make her look at him. “I've never had a one night stand before.” He said and saw doubt in her eyes. “Is this what you want?”

“I... well...”

“If you just wanted to look at the place, you can stay for a while and do that.” Harry said and leaned in to give her a kiss like the one she had given him back at the nightclub. “Or we can cuddle on the couch for a while and see where this can go.”

“I... I don't even know your name.” The blonde woman said, shyly.

“It's Harry. Harry Potter.” Harry said and smiled when she didn't recognize it. He also knew she was kind of playing with him, because she had been so eager to get here and now she was playing hard to get.

“Where did you live in Britain?” She asked.

“Several places. As a poor kid, Surrey. As a student, Scotland. As an adult, I didn't really have anywhere to call home and kind of floated around. I left soon after that and here I am.”

“Are you going to stay here?” The woman asked and saw his questioning look. “In New York, I mean.”

“Are you just curious or are you asking so that you'll now if I'm reliable enough to stick around?” Harry asked.

The woman blushed a little. “What if... it was both?”

Harry chuckled. “I really like it here and there's so much to see. I've barely even started looking at everything, so I'll be staying here for at least the next few months.”

The woman blinked. “Wait, you mean here? In this room?”

“Of course. Why would I stay anywhere else?” Harry asked and walked over to the comfy couch. “I've got money to burn and no one to spend it on but myself.”

The woman looked hopeful and walked over to him. “How much money?”

“I'd say I have about ten million now.” Harry said and she gasped. “Do you want to see some of it?”

“YES!” The woman yelled and then coughed. “Ah... I mean... yes, I would like to see some of it.”

Harry laughed and stood up to go toward the bedroom. “I'll be right back.”

The woman nodded and watched him disappear. “Target is tentatively confirmed. If he has some of those tens on him in the case you described, I'll bring him in after the drugs knock him out in a few minutes.” She heard a double click of acknowledgement and nodded.

“Here we are.” Harry said and brought out the case. “I've spent some of it, obviously.” He motioned to his expensive suit. “I never had any clothes of my own growing up and this is the first time I've been able to splurge.”

The woman felt sympathy for him and she lightly touched his hand. “Are you okay?”

“I'm more than okay. I have a gorgeous woman in my room and I'm about to blow her mind.” Harry said and opened the case.

The woman gasped at the stacks and stacks of money in the case. There were rows of fives, tens, twenties, fifties, and hundreds. “Oh, wow.”

Harry chuckled as she ran her hand across the tops of the bills. “So, have you made your decision? Are we going to give this a try or are you satisfied with the night ending here?”

The blonde woman looked conflicted for several moments, then she let a smile grow on her face. “I think... yes, I want to try.”

Harry nodded and closed the case before taking her hand. He took her and the case into the bedroom and put the case down by the nightstand. He let her hand go and stepped close to give her a searing kiss.

The woman moaned as his tongue worked on hers and she kissed him back just as passionately. Her hands dug into the back of his shirt and pulled it up and out of his pants. She broke the kiss and slid her hands around to the front as she slowly unbuttoned each and every button. Her eyes widened when she saw several scars on his well muscled chest and on his arms as she slid his shirt off.

Harry was slightly worried that she would stop there, then she leaned down and kissed the healed scar on his shoulder muscle.

“How did you get that?” She asked and looked into his eyes.

“Would you believe me if I said I fought a dragon?” Harry asked with a big fake grin on his face.

The woman laughed and shook her head. “It looks more like a serrated blade.”

“Then I guess you won't believe a giant snake bit me here.” Harry said and pointed to the large scar where the basilisk had bitten him.

The woman laughed again. “That looks more like a wooden stake.” She said and then fake gasped. “Oh, my god! Are you a vampire? EEK!”

Harry burst out laughing himself and the two of them enjoyed the laugh for nearly a minute before Harry remembered what they were doing and his hands reached for her top.

“No, let me do that.” The blonde woman said and took a step back. “Sit down and let me strip for you.”

Harry immediately complied and sat down to eagerly watch what was going to happen next.

The woman gave him a bright smile and then started to sway a little She ran her hands over herself and watched Harry's eyes follow her hands. Why is he not floundering? I gave him enough drugs to knock out an elephant.

Unable to figure out how Harry had taken all of those knockout pills and was still awake, she had no choice but to delay as much as possible and hope that they kicked in soon. She eased her top up out of her skirt and then turned around to slowly pull it up, inch by inch. She looked back over her shoulder to see if he was asleep yet, only to see a very eager face.

The woman kept going and tossed her top aside and kept swaying her hips. She did this for several moments, giving Harry a teasing side view of her black lacy bra a few times, then she started to work on her skirt. It took her five minutes to get her skirt down to her ankles and then she turned around and kicked the cloth aside.

“Do I have to wait to see you completely naked before I can tell you how beautiful you are?” Harry asked, completely seriously. “That was the sexiest striptease I have ever seen.” He said without also saying that it was the only one he had ever seen.

“Th-thank you.” The blonde woman said and sexily walked over to the bed. She saw that Harry was wide awake and he had at some point removed his own pants to leave himself in just boxers. She also saw a very prominent tent pole and couldn't stop her wide eyes.

“May I?” Harry asked as he raised his hands and stopped before he actually touched her chest.

Are you for real? The woman asked in her mind and didn't let her surprise show on her face. You're being a very proper gentleman and I can't delay anymore. Either the drugs didn't work or you're somehow immune to them.

Her mind worked furiously for several seconds before she nodded. She didn't want this man to get angry at her. If he was strong enough to punch an Asgardian and launch him across a room, he could squash her like a bug without even thinking about it.

“Mmm.” The blonde woman hummed as Harry's hands gently caressed her breasts and his fingers dug into the flesh and tested the perkiness.

“Thank you.” Harry said and he pulled her close to start kissing the flesh he could get to and his hands slowly rubbed her back. He found the clasp for her bra and couldn't figure it out after a couple of seconds, so he used a silent unlocking spell wandlessly. The clasp popped open and he smiled as her breasts were completely exposed, then his lips and tongue clamped onto one of her prominent nipples.

“Ohhh.” The woman moaned before she could stop herself and then she was suddenly on the bed and Harry was pulling off her panties. “W-w-wait... you don't have to...”

“It's all right. I think you're really going to like this.” Harry said and gave her a crooked smile, which made her heart speed up, then he dove between her legs.

She didn't react right away, mainly because she had been trained to not let her body rule her emotions. That is, until he started hissing and she felt a burst of pleasure unlike anything she had ever felt before.

“OHHHH!” She almost screamed as she came. Oh, GOD! His tongue is vibrating! She thought as her hands gripped his hair tightly and she held him in place between her legs. She didn't let him go for nearly ten minutes. Her entire body was shuddering and shivering by then and her hands relaxed as she let him go. She had lost herself to the sensations and gave up any idea of not going through with this.

Harry chuckled at the needy expression on her face and he wiped off his soaked mouth before he stood. “You're even more delicious than that iced tea was.” He said and slid off his boxers.

“Oh, god.” The woman whispered when she saw him fully revealed and blushed from both the compliment and his equipment. She really wanted him now. Right. Now.

“I like that look on your face.” Harry said and climbed on top of her... and then he pushed himself inside of her and she gasped. She felt very full. It wasn't that he was too long, it was because he was quite thick. He pretty much touched all of her insides at the same time and she hadn't felt anything like it before. When he started to move, she couldn't stop moaning as the friction rubbed her all over.

The woman held onto him with her arms and legs as she moaned, writhed, and begged him to go faster. Harry did as she asked and she moaned even more. They kissed and caressed each other as they had sex, very satisfying sex, and easily moved into the positions that she liked best. He did everything she asked without question and made her orgasm more times than she had in her life up to that point, combined.

----

Clint and the others were shocked as they sat in the large surveillance van and listed to two very horny people having the best sex of their lives.

Tony had actually woken up at the sounds and thought he was still dreaming for a moment before he realized what was going on. “Now that's a professional assassin for you.”

No one commented or berated him for the joke.

Steve Rogers had a bright red face and had to leave the van to get some fresh air. When he came back in twenty minutes later, the sounds hadn't stopped and he closed the door to sit on the sidewalk next to the van.

Thor just sat there and nodded his head as Natasha's voice asked for things. “You Midgardians sure know your munuth.”

No one asked him what he meant, because they were all pretty sure they knew what it was.

----

The woman laid against the sweat soaked chest of her lover two hours later and her mind was reeling. She had sex with a target she was hunting. It wasn't like she hadn't done that before, being a spy and all; but, it was the very first time that she actually enjoyed it.

“That... was... awesome.” Harry panted and had an arm around the woman he had just made love to. “If I had known sex felt like that, I would have tried it years ago.”

The woman stiffened and caught her breath. “E-excuse me? What did you say?”

“That was my first time having sex.” Harry admitted.

“You... you're a virgin?” She asked, surprised.

“I knew it was worth giving it to you when you were so hesitant to go through with it.” Harry said as his hand lightly stroked her back. “That was the best feeling in the world.”

“N-no, I... you knew things that...”

“Just because I never had sex before, that doesn't mean I don't know things.” Harry said with a smirk. “Or can guess. Or listen to all of your wonderful suggestions.” He said and kissed the top of her head. “That thing you did with your tongue when you were... ah... it almost made me blow right away.”

The woman was stunned. She just had the best sex of her life and it was with a guy who was a virgin. “How old are you?”

“I'll be turning nineteen in a week.” Harry said and she gasped. “Hey, it's okay. Age is just a number. A lot of people told me a bunch of times that I was way too mature for my age.” He sighed. “With the way I was treated as a kid, I had a lot of growing up to do long before coming of age.”

The woman lifted her head to look into his eyes. She saw an identical look there that she saw nearly every day in the mirror. “Harry, you... we...”

“This might be a bit forward of me.” Harry said and used a hand to cup the side of her face. “Please stay with me here.”

“Wh-what?”

“If you have a job or anything you have to do, call them and quit. Or better yet, just call and say you're never coming back.” Harry said and saw the surprise on her face. “I can buy you anything in the world that you want. I have enough gold reserves available that if I sold it, I could probably drop the price by a couple hundred dollars.”

The woman gasped and stared at him with disbelief on her face. “That... that money...”

“It's all real. I got it from the bank just yesterday.” Harry said. “They even gave me a platinum credit card without a limit, too.” He chuckled. “When you drop five million in gold into a Swiss bank account, they really like that.”

“But... but...”

“If you want proof...” Harry got up from the bed, albeit reluctantly, and went to the case of money. He took out a stack of fifties. He went back to the bed and laid down again. “Here.” He said and rested the stack of money on her chest. “You can buy yourself something nice.”

The blonde woman stared at the stack. “How... how much...”

“Ten grand in fifties.” Harry said and kissed her cheek. “I would give you a stack of hundreds, except they won't accept them in a lot of the stores, even the expensive ones. Go figure.”

“But...”

“I'll be exchanging most of them later. I can't have money on me that I can't spend, right?”

“Harry, you... are you serious?”

“Completely.” Harry said and sat up to look at her. “You're absolutely gorgeous and you've listened to me talk about myself like you were actually interested.”

The woman blinked in surprise. “I was.”

“I know.” Harry said with a smile. “I saw how nervous you were when I mentioned a one night stand.”

The woman blushed slightly and turned her head away.

“No, don't look away.” Harry said and lightly touched her chin to make her look back at him. “I only suggested that because I thought that was what you wanted.”

The woman sighed. “Why? What do you want?”

“You.” Harry said and leaned down to give her a tender kiss. “We can date for a while if you don't want a commitment right away.”

“Harry...”

“If you do want a commitment from me, I can tell you right now that I will be completely loyal to you and I'll never look at another woman ever again.”

The blonde woman gasped. “You can't!”

“Oh, but I can.” Harry said with a smirk. “I have certain skills, which includes being able to ignore people. If you want me to be yours and only yours, then I'm all yours.”

The woman went quiet for several minutes before she spoke. “Why? Why would you offer that to someone you just met?”

“I just have a feeling about you.” Harry admitted and had a thoughtful look on his face. “I've always wanted a family. One that I can love and be with for as long as I can.”

The woman sighed, sadly. “I... I can't have children.”

“So what?” Harry asked and she caught her breath. “There are lots of kids around that need a good home. We can be together for a few years before you need to decide if you want to expand our family. A baby, a toddler, or even a teenager. I'm good with anything.” He said and then chuckled. “In fact, I could probably afford to empty a whole orphanage if you couldn't choose one and wanted them all.”

The woman stared at him and didn't know what to say.

“You don't have to decide right away. Take a day or two and think about it.” Harry said and laid back down. “Oh, and if you have any bills or anything, let me know. I'll call the bank and pay them all off.”

“Harry, you... you're too good to be true.” The woman whispered.

“You're only saying that because of the mind-blowing sex we just had.” Harry said and then felt himself grow hard. “I think we better go to sleep or I'm going to keep ravishing you.”

The woman blushed and looked down at his crotch. “I'm not against having more fun before sleeping.”

Harry had to laugh at that and she rolled over to climb on top of him. It only took a moment for her to slide him inside of herself and she started moving and moaning. “I want to see you every day for the rest of my life.”

The woman stopped moving and looked into his eyes. “Harry, you don't even know my name.”

“It doesn't matter.” Harry said and reached up to stroke her neck. “In a city filled with people, I just happened to run into the one woman that is everything I could ever want. Intelligent, sexy, and confident. When you gave yourself to me, you gave me everything you had.”

The woman blushed, because she really had completely surrendered to him. “Harry...”

“I can't do anything less in return, can I?” Harry asked and pulled her down into a passionate kiss.

They made love for another thirty minutes before they laid down next to each other and cuddled.

“Natasha.” The woman whispered. “My name's Natasha.”

“It's nice to formally meet you, Natasha.” Harry said as he took one of her hands and kissed the back of it. He saw her surprise and smiled. “I read somewhere that when greeting a lady, you're supposed to do that as a sign of respect.”

Natasha looked at her hand that no one would shake, let alone kiss. “Thank you, Harry.”

“It was my pleasure.” Harry said and took a deep breath and let it out.

“Harry, I... I really should tell you something.”

“Are you married?” Harry asked.

“No.”

“Seeing someone steady?”

“No.”

“Are you a lesbian trying out for the other team for the first time?”

Natasha barked a laugh and smacked his chest. “No!”

“Okay.” Harry said with a grin. “What else can I ask... oh! Have you slept with another woman just because men are pigs and you were taking a break from their excessively hairy bodies?”

Natasha kept laughing and shook her head several times.

“Then everything else is just noise.” Harry said and kissed her cheek. “None of it matters. I'm here. You're here. That's all there is.”

Natasha took a breath and let it out in a long and drawn out sigh. “That's a very simplistic view.”

“Only if you want it to be.” Harry said and cuddled in close to press as much of his body against hers as he could. “You can worry about your job or what others think about you and what you do... or you can just let it all go and just be here with me.”

“I... Harry, I... I would really like to be able to do that.” Natasha whispered.

“All right. That's what we'll do. Whenever we enter a room together and we're alone, everything else in our lives is less than meaningless.” Harry said. “We can talk, or have body rocking orgasms, or watch television. Just getting to spend time with you is what I want and the rest of the world can go screw itself.”

Natasha laughed and kissed him. “We just met!”

“I don't really need any more prompting to let you be a part of my life.” Harry said. “A day, a month, a year... when would you normally allow someone to get close enough to you to let yourself go like you did earlier tonight?”

Natasha closed her eyes and thought about it before she whispered. “Never.”

“Then you have already made your decision.” Harry said, wisely.

“I... I think I did.” Natasha responded. “I accept.”

“Brilliant.” Harry said with a smile and kissed her for several minutes.

They both drifted off to sleep soon afterwards.

----

“Did I just hear what I thought I heard?” Tony asked, surprised.

“Yeah.” Clint said and took off the headphones he was wearing. “We just lost our best operative.”

Thor barked a laugh. “You obviously were not listening to what they were actually saying.”

“What did you hear, then?” Tony asked. “He asked her to quit her job and she said yes.”

Thor shook his head. “No, he said that their lives don't matter when they are together. They can let everything go and just be together when they want to be.”

“I think it's you that's not hearing things right.” Clint said and rubbed his face. “Fury is not going to be happy about this.” He looked at the digital recording and sighed. “About any of this.”

“Is the mission scrubbed?” Steve Rogers asked, eager to get out of there.

“I don't know.” Clint said and looked at the time. “Damn, it's late. No wonder I'm tired.”

“You're just making an excuse to not call Nick before the morning.” Tony said with a grin.

“Yeah.” Clint said and had to smile back.

“Then let's go back to my tower and relax until morning. Clint can report in then and see what Fury wants us to do.” Tony said and Steve hopped inside to sit down.

Everyone nodded and Clint went to the front of the van to drive them back to Stark Tower.

*

“Breakfast in bed, too?” Natasha asked as her brand new lover slash boyfriend slash promised husband put a large tray onto her lap that was piled with food.

“This place has a full kitchen. I might as well use it.” Harry said and sat beside her.

“Wait, you made all of this?” Natasha asked, surprised. “I thought you ordered room service.”

“They're too slow.” Harry said and picked up a piece of toast and several pieces of bacon. “I wasn't sure what you liked, so I made a bunch of stuff.”

“I noticed.” Natasha said with a smirk.

Harry chuckled and folded the toast in half and put the bacon inside. “You don't have to eat everything, just what you like. I'll know what to make tomorrow and will be more reasonable with the portions.”

“Tomorrow?” Natasha asked and looked down at the food. “Harry, I need to go out today and...”

“I know. I told you yesterday that you can take a day or two for yourself.”

“But, I accepted.” Natasha said. “I don't want you to think I'm going back on that if I don't return right away.”

Harry smiled and nodded. “It's all right. If you get caught up in something, just call me and I'll come running.”

“You're not making this any easier with how laid back you are about all of this.” Natasha said.

“I was tempted to rant and rave that my very beautiful future wife has a life of her own outside of my presidential suite...” Harry said teasingly and she barked a laugh. “...but, that would get me nowhere. You have things to deal with and I completely understand.”

“Harry, I... my work...”

“You don't have to quit if you don't want to.” Harry said and saw her shocked face. “I was also trying very hard to get into your soaked panties.”

Natasha laughed and shook her head. “No, you were completely serious.”

“I was.” Harry admitted and cupped the side of her face. “However, I know you take your work seriously because of the expression you had on your face when I said to quit.”

Natasha sighed. “How can you be so understanding?”

“I'm just a really nice guy.” Harry said.

“You know the old saying about nice guys finishing last?” Natasha asked.

“I did. Like six times.” Harry said with a huge grin.

Natasha had to laugh at the truth, even though that wasn't what she meant. He really had gotten her off a lot before he finished himself, which was very nice of him. He wasn't a selfish lover at all.

“Eat up and grab a shower before you get dressed to head out.” Harry said and stood up. “I'll even refrain from joining you for a quick shag in the shower.”

“Oh? A shag and not making love?” Natasha asked with a teasing tone to her voice.

“Nope. If I got you in the shower, it would be fast, hard, and dirty.” Harry said and saw her lick her lips. “Then again, maybe we didn't do it enough this morning when we woke up.”

Natasha couldn't stop her head from shaking before she realized what she had just done.

“If you keep acting so cute, I might fall in love even faster than you thought possible.” Harry said and gave her a tender kiss. “I'll be right back. I have to add you to my guest list and they won't stop you in the lobby when you come back.”

Natasha nodded and watched him leave. She waited until she was alone for five minutes before she leapt from the bed and searched through everything, careful of where everything was and putting it back. She was looking for that shrunken spear and she hadn't seen it anywhere last night or this morning.

“Agent Romanoff, come in.” Nick Fury's voice said from her blouse.

Natasha cursed as she lunged for her clothing and lifted the collar of her blouse. “Sir! You're compromising my mission!”

“I heard that you're already compromised.” Fury said, his voice flat. That meant he was really angry.

“Whatever you heard on the recordings, I was only doing my job.” Natasha spat.

“And the target. That was not a part of the ops plan.”

“It was always a possibility. I don't know why the drugs didn't work.” Natasha said. “I tripled the normal dose and it didn't even make him lightheaded.”

“That's because I'm immune to all poisons, which apparently includes alcohol and drugs.” Harry said from the doorway.

“AH!” Natasha gasped and whirled around to stare at Harry. He was wearing normal clothes and not the battle gear that she knew he owned. He had come out of the portal wearing it and they hadn't seen it, or him, since.

“Hello, Director Fury.” Harry said and walked over to the bed and sat down.

“Harry Potter.” Fury said.

“I only have one question.” Harry said and Natasha looked at his face to see that it was completely blank.

“I'll listen and reserve the right to not answer.” Fury said.

“Fair enough.” Harry said. “If all of the people on your team are here staking me out and listening to me thoroughly making Natasha mine...”

“Harry!” Natasha gasped.

“...who is watching Loki and stopping him from escaping?” Harry asked and Natasha froze.

“I assure you that he is secured and...” Fury started to say and then the link went dead.

“It seems I asked at just the right time.” Harry chuckled and looked at Natasha. “Do you have your gear nearby or are you going to shower first?”

“I don't have the time!” Natasha exclaimed and grabbed her panties and pulled them on. She had her bra on a moment later and then caught her breath. “Why are my panties warm and dry?”

“I cleaned them before you woke up this morning.” Harry said and held out her top to her. “They'll stay toasty warm and clean for about eight hours.”

Natasha put her top on and felt the same thing from it. “You did my whole outfit?”

Harry nodded and knelt as he picked up her skirt and held it for her to step into.

“Thank you.” Natasha said and he stood to pull her skirt up to her hips. She tucked her top inside and zipped it up. “I really need to go.”

“I know.” Harry said and pulled her close to kiss her.

“Mmm.” Natasha moaned as he kissed her passionately. She didn't even notice the squeezing feeling until it was over and she heard a small cracking sound.

“WHOA!” Tony yelled and fell out of the chair in the surveillance van, spilling his coffee. “What the hell?!?”

Natasha broke the kiss and stared at the man still holding her closely. “I lost communication with Fury.”

“Oh, damn.” Clint said and tried to contact Fury. There was no response. “We need to go! Now!”

“What is going on?” Thor asked.

“Loki is escaping.” Natasha said and didn't try to pull away from Harry. She kept staring into his eyes and he looked calm and collected. “Harry...”

“I told you.” Harry whispered and bent down slightly to kiss her. “Our lives outside of the bedroom don't matter to me.”

“But, I... we...”

“I don't care who you are outside of that.” Harry said and looked at the others sitting down. There was no seat for him, so he flicked his wrist and made his wand appear. He waved it at the van and it expanded by ten feet and a couch appeared out of nowhere. “Shall we sit? The drive to the transport is going to take more than a few minutes.”

Natasha nodded and they sat down on the comfy couch. She cuddled into his side automatically and it just felt right to be there. “Why does this feel good?” She asked and ignored the shocked looks on the others in the van.

“You have someone that cares about you unconditionally.” Harry said and hugged her with one arm.

Natasha looked at his face and knew she had to say something. “So do you.”

Harry smiled. “You're not there yet; but, thank you for trying.”

“Harry, you don't know what my life was like before I joined...”

“If you want to tell me about it, I'll listen.” Harry said. “We have about twenty minutes, so you can give me an overview of your life like I gave you of mine. If you want to.”

Natasha thought about it and then she thought about something else. “You really fought a dragon.”

“Yes. I was fourteen and participating in a magical tournament against my will. The dragon's tail hooked me and nearly took my arm off as I was trying to get around it.”

Natasha's hand rubbed his arm where the large circular scar was. “And the giant snake?”

“It was actually a basilisk.” Harry said.

Thor coughed and sputtered. “What did you say?”

“When I was twelve, I fought and killed a sixty foot long basilisk that was a thousand years old.” Harry said and saw Thor's face pale. He felt a little happy that he could make a Norse god react like that.

“What's a basilick?” Tony asked.

“Basilisk. It's a giant snake that kills with its gaze if you look at it. If it's through a reflection, you're only petrified.” Harry said. “It also bit me on the arm and the fang broke off.”

“You should be dead!” Thor gasped.

“If it wasn't for Fawkes I would have been.” Harry said and saw Natasha's questioning look. “Fawkes was a phoenix that cried healing tears into the wound.”

“You... are truly... a Seidhr.” Thor whispered. “Legends will be sung about you.”

Harry snorted a laugh. “No thanks. I hated my fame and everyone trying to suck up to me or hating me for it. Their opinions changed almost daily, too.”

“I'm sorry.” Natasha whispered.

“Like I told you last night, I left all of that behind.” Harry said and then smiled. “I definitely like it here a lot better.”

Tony gave him a wide-eyed look. “You just had sex for the first time, made a life-long commitment to a woman you just met because of it, and have done things that even the best fiction writers haven't thought about.”

“What's your point?” Harry asked.

“You aren't even allowed to drink in most states and you're making life-altering decisions.”

“I've been doing that since I was eleven.” Harry said with a shrug. “After you first kill a man, there's not a lot that can phase you after that.”

Natasha sucked in a sharp breath. “You... you killed someone when you were only eleven?”

“Well, he was being possessed by the wraith of a dark wizard at the time.” Harry said and Thor coughed and sputtered some more. “Are you okay? Do you need a drink?”

“W-water.” Thor whispered and he suddenly had a glass of water in front of him. “Thank you.”

“How did you do that?” Tony asked, shocked that a glass had appeared out of nowhere.

“Magic.” Harry said with a smirk and Natasha laughed softly.

“We're here.” Clint said and the van's tires squealed on the pavement as he slammed on the brakes. Everyone filed out of the van and Harry cancelled the spells he cast on it.

“Is my spare gear stored here?” Natasha asked as they walked up the ramp into the transport.

Clint pointed to several lockers at the side of the airship and went through to the cockpit.

Natasha opened the locker and pulled out her spare outfit.

“Allow me.” Harry said and waved his wand to perform a switching spell.

Natasha gasped as her entire uniform, including weapons, appeared on her body. “Can you do the same to my hair? It's a cheap dye job.”

Harry waved his wand at her hair and cleaned the dye out to reveal that she had flowing red hair instead of blonde. “You didn't change anything else?”

“No, why would I?” Natasha asked as she sat and strapped in.

“I would have easily recognized you.” Harry sat beside her and strapped in as well.

Natasha smiled. “Most people can't see past the bleach blonde hairdo.”

“Most people are idiots.” Harry said and she laughed.

“You don't have a high opinion of people, do you?” Steve Rogers asked as he sat down across from them and strapped in.

“In general? No.” Harry said as their transport took off and picked up speed. “People are fickle, judgmental, and are pretty much led around by the nose as the media fills their heads with half-truths.”

Tony laughed. “You do know the media monster!”

Harry nodded. “I've had enough of them smearing my name when they didn't like what I had to say. Printing lies, spreading fear, and making me miserable because most people believed what they printed.”

“If that's true, why haven't I heard of you before?” Tony asked. He had Jarvis scouring the internet and any computers he could while looking for any reference to Harry Potter. There was nothing.

“Two reasons.” Harry said and didn't say anything else.

Natasha laughed and kissed him. “Can you tell us one that won't give away your secret?”

“That's not fair. I promised to do anything you wanted me to do.” Harry said and she looked very smug. “The media was all print and from a very reclusive sect of humanity that segregated itself way back in the sixteen hundreds. They don't have computers, cell phones, or even electricity.”

Tony's face paled and looked the same as Thor's had about the basilisk. “How do they live like that?”

Harry laughed at Tony's indignation. “They don't. They are several hundred years behind the modern world and view normal people as beneath them.” He said and saw surprise on their faces. “That's one of the reasons why I left as soon as I could. Their bigotry and shortsightedness wasn't going to stop, even when I killed the dark wizard laying siege to the population.”

“You have led an interesting life, Seidhr Harry.” Thor said. “I will drink with you and share stories of our battles!”

Harry gave Natasha a questioning look.

“Just humor him.” Natasha whispered.

“Sure, Thor. As soon as we get your brother back.”

Thor nodded and the others fell silent as the flight took them to where the helicarrier was stationed.

Natasha took the opportunity to whisper some of her early life to Harry, who had cast a sound dampening spell to keep the others from hearing her. She told him that she was a child as well when she killed her first man, only she had much different training than Harry.

Harry listened and committed as much as he could to his memory, because he knew that it was very rare for her to speak about herself so much. Her life was much different and also quite similar to his. The circumstances and reasons were different; and yet, a lot of the results were the same.

The transport they were in landed and Harry hit the quick release on his seat straps. He stood at the same time as Natasha and put his arms around her.

“Thank you.” Harry whispered to her and gave her a deep kiss for several seconds.

“Harry, you shouldn't do that. I'm working.” Natasha whispered back.

“I'll remember next time.” Harry said and fought to not smile.

Natasha saw him struggling and smacked his chest. “Get changed and follow me.” She said and walked down the opening ramp at the back of the transport. She didn't look back to see if he was following her, because men always followed her. There was a light crack behind her and then Harry appeared right beside her.

“I would rather be by my woman's side instead of only following you.” Harry said and held her hand.

Natalie was too surprised by his words to stop him from taking her hand. She wasn't sure what to say or if she should argue about him claiming that she was 'his woman', as if she was property.

“I meant it as a term of endearment, not as a possession.” Harry said, as if he read her mind.

“You can't read minds, can you?” Natasha asked.

“No. I know it's possible, though. I probably have a book stashed somewhere that I could probably learn it from.” Harry said and she looked at him with wide eyes. “What?”

“You have books that you can learn from?”

“Yes. How else would I get an education?” Harry asked.

“But... no, never mind.” Natasha said and shook her head. “I was just asking because you seem okay with everything I just told you.”

Harry chuckled. “You're wondering how long I've known that you were you.”

Natasha nodded.

“When you kissed me at the nightclub to distract me from seeing you add the drugs to my drink.” Harry said and she looked surprised. “Everything I said or did was completely genuine, by the way. I meant what I said. We were together and nothing you've done before that has any impact on us being together.”

Natasha couldn't believe that he had meant every word, because it was just a bit too innocent and perfect to be true. “They say that the first woman a man sleeps with will be his first deep love of his life.” She said, as if to test him. Since he knew she was spying on him the whole time, she had to question him about it.

“Well, that could explain my devotion to you... if I hadn't promised it before we slept together.” Harry said and then chuckled. “Plus, my wand seems to like you, too. After everything you've been through, you didn't let it break you and you're that much stronger because of it, just like me.”

Natasha stopped walking to stare at him.

“It wasn't until after we slept together that I asked you to stay with me.” Harry said and saw the others were staring at them with confused faces. “Oh, it looks like they noticed that they can't hear us.”

“Huh?” Natasha asked and turned her head to look. “Why can't they hear us?”

“I put up a privacy spell around us. I didn't want anyone but me to hear what your life was like.” Harry said.

Natasha blinked for a moment, then she smiled in relief. “Thank you. I tried to keep my voice low...”

“I'll tell you when I do it next time.” Harry said and ended the spell.

“Can you hear me now?!?” Tony shouted.

Harry laughed. “Yes, we can. Thanks for checking.”

Steve Rogers opened the door and they all went inside and up to the command deck.

“Where the hell have you all been?” Nick Fury growled as they all entered the bridge.

“Coming here.” Clint said and sat down at the big meeting table. “As soon as Nat lost your signal, she let us know and we came here as fast as we could.”

“It looks like you've handled things pretty well without us.” Tony said and looked around at all of the people scrambling to do repairs.

“Loki escaped his confinement and destroyed our communications equipment!” Fury spat.

“Director Fury, that's not entirely accurate.” Maria Hill said from behind him.

“What actually happened?” Steve Rogers asked.

“He somehow enraged the Hulk, who then rampaged and destroyed a lot of the ship's internal walls and the communications room... along with the secured storage.”

“Loki has the tesseract.” Tony said and sat down. “Where's Banner?”

“After downing a couple of our planes while we dropped from the sky with a damaged turbine, he fell towards New Jersey somewhere.” Maria Hill offered when Fury remained silent. “We're not sure if he survived the fall. He was several miles up at that point.”

Natasha and Clint exchanged an amused look. They both knew it would take a lot more than that to kill the Hulk.

“Tony, now we really need your big brain to construct another device to track down the tesseract.” Fury said. “Take anything you want to get it done quickly.”

“It's going to be a bit harder without Banner's help.” Tony said and looked around. “Say, where is that doctor fellow?”

“Loki took Selvig and a good amount of our resources.” Fury spat.

Thor sighed. “My brother is a pest that cannot be tamed.”

“Well, I'll estimate about ten hours to work out the changes I need and then I'll start changing the device we used to track down the staff.” Tony said and a few people hissed at him. “What?”

“They didn't want me to know that they can track my new wand.” Harry said.

“Oh. Was that supposed to be a secret?” Tony asked and Fury groaned as if in pain.

Harry laughed and took out the wand. “Just for making me laugh, I'll help you find it.”

“How are you going to do that?” Fury asked.

“Easily.” Harry said and waved the wand at the table top to change it into a circular map of the world.

“This is great!” Tony exclaimed and his hand ran over the ridges that was a mountain range in Europe. “You are totally coming over to my place to do this!”

“Back off, playboy. He's mine.” Natasha said with enough venom that everyone turned to stare at her, even Fury.

“You're already defending my honor.” Harry said and lightly combed his fingers through her hair. “I warned you that being so cute was going to make me fall in love with you faster.”

Natasha blushed and didn't bat his hand away.

“O-kay.” Tony said and pointed to the fairly accurate map. “How are we going to find Loki on this?”

“Like so.” Harry said and put his wand on his open palm. “Point Me Loki.”

“It's not going to be that simple for you to...” Fury started to say, then stopped when the wand swung around and pointed to Manhattan Island. “Son of a bitch!”

Harry's hand shot out and backhanded Director Fury in an instant. Fury grunted as he was thrown backwards ten feet and slammed into the metal wall... and actually dented it. He flopped to the floor and blinked his normal eye several times.

“Never insult my mother, asshole.” Harry said, almost in a growl.

Natasha grabbed his arm to restrain him. “Calm down, Harry. I don't think he meant yours specifically.”

Harry glared at the director for a moment and then nodded.

“What is this armor made of, anyway?” Natasha asked.

“Dragonhide.” Harry said and a few people sucked in breaths. “I tried to get the shop owner to make me something with the discarded basilisk skin I have and they said it was too spell resistant for them to do anything with it.” He looked at Thor. “Even a cape would have been nice.”

“You have some of its skin?” Thor asked, surprised. “Surely and truly?”

Harry nodded and reached inside his chest armor. They were surprised that his hand completely disappeared because there wasn't that much room in there... and then he pulled out a handful of colorful string.

“String? I thought you said it was a skin of... AHH! Holy crap!” Tony exclaimed when Harry cancelled the overpowered shrinking charm and the skin pretty much exploded over the table and covered everyone.

“Oops. I forgot how big that thing actually was.” Harry said as an apology. “Is everyone all right?”

“This is wonderful!” Thor said and hefted the skin. “Friend Harry, may I have a piece? My mother would love to have such a rare material!”

“Sure. The tail end is over that way.” Harry said and Thor went over to pick it up.

“Ah, I see. It's much thinner here. Good idea, my friend!” Thor said and went about eight feet in and bundled it up in his hands to grip it with his fists before he pulled and strained for a moment. The loud snap echoed in the nearly silent bridge. “Perfect!” He said and rolled it up and tucked it inside his chest armor. “Thank you, Harry.”

Harry wasn't going to pass up an opportunity. “Can you do that for the rest of it? It's nearly sixty feet long and having it in pieces would make it easier to handle.” He smiled. “I mean, fifty feet.”

Thor barked a laugh. “Gladly, my friend! I assume you want five pieces?”

“Please.” Harry said and watched as Thor used his immense strength and easily snapped the skin into smaller pieces. “That's great. Thanks.” He could easily shrink it now and tucked the pieces back inside his moleskin pouch.

“We need to get to Manhattan.” Maria Hill said as the director was being treated by a medic for a concussion. “Unfortunately, we can't fly there with one of the turbines damaged.”

“How long will that take to repair?” Clint asked.

“A few days at least. It's not like we can just patch it up and hope we stay in the air.” Maria said.

“I'll be right back.” Harry said and quickly left the bridge.

“Where is he going?” Tony asked and no one said anything for a minute.

Natasha took pity on them for not figuring it out. “If I know Harry, he's...” She stopped talking when one of the bridge crew yelled that the turbine was back up and running perfectly. “...repairing the damage.”

Maria ran over to the tech that had yelled and asked him to run the diagnostics. She also ordered a tech team to check on it. Meanwhile, Harry came back inside the bridge with a smile on his face.

“That was nice of you.” Natasha whispered to him when he stood beside her.

“Loki won't be expecting the entire helicarrier, only your small band of rescuers.” Harry said, wisely.

“De-deploy.” Nick Fury said and got to his feet. “Get us there at our best speed.”

“Yes, sir.” Maria said and started barking orders for clearing the flight deck and to secure everything for flight.

“I just thought of something.” Tony said and everyone looked at him. “How are we going to eat on this table now?”

That made a few people laugh. Harry quickly conjured a glass covering and used a sticking charm to attach it.

“Thanks, Mage.” Tony said and sat down to prop his feet up on the tabletop.

*

“Hurry, you fools.” Loki spat as his small group of workers assembled the device he needed to open a portal to the right coordinates in space.

“We really shouldn't be rushing this.” Dr. Selvig said. He wore a collar that would shock him whenever he didn't follow orders.

“I said hurry up!” Loki growled. “I am running out of time to get this accomplished!”

*CRACK!*

Loki whirled around to see the Seidhr standing there, arrogant as can be. “Kill him!”

Harry waved his wand and everyone froze, including Loki.

Loki struggled to speak. “What... what... is... this... spell?” He asked and tried to fight off the effects.

“Immobilization.” Harry said. “I didn't put a lot of power behind it, though.”

“Why... not?”

“We need to have a little chat with you.” Harry said.

Natasha came out from behind him with a smile on her face as her Widow's Sting sparkled on her wrist.

Loki groaned and closed his eyes.

*

“Hold on, you're saying that Reindeer Games is being coerced?” Tony Stark asked.

“He's got so many binding spells on him that I'm surprised he's even still standing.” Harry said, shocking nearly everyone.

“Can you remove them, Friend Harry?” Thor asked.

“I got rid of the compulsion one that was driving him to take over the world and was also driving him crazy. That was the nastiest one and the easiest to remove, funnily enough.”

“What of the others?” Thor asked with concern.

“Some are pretty old. From a few years old to centuries old.” Harry said. “I'm not an expert on Norse magic, so my knowledge about what was done to him is pretty lacking.”

“What he's saying is, he doesn't want to hurt Loki by trying to undo something that might kill him if it's undone.” Natasha clarified.

“That's it exactly. Thanks, love.” Harry said and put his arm around her waist.

Steve Rogers thought about it. “So, what do we do? That space alien army is primed and ready for the assault.”

“If we don't open that portal, the army will attack Asgard instead.” Thor said. “We cannot allow that to happen.”

“Then we open the portal.” Harry said and a few people on the bridge cursed.

“You can't be serious!” Nick Fury exclaimed. “SHIELD is charged with protecting the planet, not letting it fall to an alien invasion!”

Harry chuckled. “Natasha, my beautiful and intelligent future wife, please tell them what you just figured out from what I said.”

Natasha blushed a little before she took a deep breath and let it out. “Harry means to open a second portal under the first one with Loki casting an illusion over it to make it look like the city is below them.”

Everyone stared at them like they had three heads.

“The aliens will never know that they are flying into a random star's molten core. We can leave the thing open and let them all fly on their own to their deaths. We won't even have to fight.” Harry said.

“That... that... is the best idea I've ever heard.” Tony said and sat back to eat some blueberries.

“We can even do one better and open both portals over the ocean.” Maria Hill offered. “If anything goes wrong, the city of New York won't be in danger.”

“What was Loki's timetable?” Fury asked.

“All he could say was 'sooner rather than later'.” Natasha said. “I broke my best stinger, too.”

Harry chuckled. “You should have seen her working Loki over to get him to talk. It was beautiful.”

Natasha blushed and turned her head to try and hide it. “Harry, I'm working.”

Harry lightly touched her arm. “I wish I had a pensive to share the memory.”

“What's that?” Tony asked.

“It's a large stone bowl covered in runes that allow people to view copies of other people's memories.”

“That sounds like a skyggna dish!” Thor said with a laugh. “We have several at the palace that my father and mother use to scry into the other realms to keep an eye on things.”

Harry was surprised. “I would like to see one to compare with the ones I've seen.”

“Of course, Friend Harry! You have returned my brother unharmed...”

Natasha coughed and Harry grinned.

“...relatively unharmed.” Thor corrected and a few people laughed. “I would be glad to reward you, as would my family.”

“Thank you.” Harry said.

“When can we do this?” Steve asked. “I'm sure that delaying it for too long won't be good for anyone.”

“We're already flying out to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.” Maria Hill said. “Dr. Selvig has finished the machine and all we need are the coordinates to open the second portal.”

Tony held out a thumb drive. “Plug that in somewhere and ask Jarvis. He has access to the Hubble Two and the Star Gazer.”

Nick Fury gave her a pointed look.

“Right, closed system.” Maria said and walked off to get the coordinates.

*

“This is really anticlimactic.” Clint said two hours later after everything was set up.

The entire team of Avengers and a few shield agents stood on the flight deck of the helicarrier and watched as the invading alien army flew out of one portal and almost instantly entered the second one.

“This is much better than trying to save thousands of people from falling debris and explosions in a city.” Steve Rogers said and motioned to the two very large portals. “How long do you think it will take for them to run out of troops to send through?”

“Ooo, there goes another big one!” Harry said instead of answering. “It looked like it was covered in those aliens, too.”

“Troop transports.” Natasha said. “That was the sixth one.”

“They are all surviving in space or have a localized air pocket for the transition, so this will probably last a long time. Hours at least.” Tony said and looked at the readings he was getting from the portal machine. “If these readings are right, there's a mother ship sending all of that through.”

“We have to deal with it or they are going to keep coming back.” Nick Fury said.

“Actually, how is the power for the portal machine holding up?” Harry asked.

“It's self-perpetuating now.” Dr. Selvig said. “Whatever the tesseract is, it seems to use the power of space itself when it opens a portal.”

“That's why we lost control during the experiment.” Nick Fury said and Dr. Selvig nodded.

“The data was incomplete until now.” Dr. Selvig said and motioned to the portal machine. “Of course, I never would have thought this thing up if it wasn't for Loki giving me ideas.”

“That's the problem with knowledge. One it's known, you can't take that way.” Nick Fury said.

“Um, actually...” Harry hedged and everyone looked at him. “I've never done it myself.”

“You can erase memories?” Natasha asked.

“Single memories, groups, or even everything.” Harry said, thinking back to his second year and Gilderoy Lockhart trying to erase his and Ron's memories, only to do it to himself.

“You need to go through your books to find that spell.” Natasha said with a determined voice.

Harry saw in her eyes that she wasn't going to let that go, so he put his arms around her and lightly kissed her on the lips. “Why don't we go on vacation after this and we can both look through them.”

Natasha gave him a very happy smile and then kissed him deeply.

“Geez, get a room.” Tony said.

“What a great idea.” Harry said and pulled something out of his pocket.

“What is that?” Tony asked.

“A tent.” Harry said and tossed it on the deck, waved his wand at it, and it grew to become eight feet tall. The pegs even jammed into the deck to secure it in place.

“Hey! Repairing the tarmac is expensive!” Fury spat.

Harry chuckled and waved Natasha inside. “My humble abode awaits your arrival.”

Natasha entered and let out a yell of surprise at the expanded inside. “HARRY!”

“Coming, love.” Harry said and wagged his eyebrows at everyone. Only Tony laughed at the joke.

“Hey, this isn't over. We need to talk about that glowing spear and...” Nick Fury bounced off of the tent flap and sat on the deck. “What the hell?”

“I do not think you were invited in.” Thor said and turned to continue watching the aliens kill themselves while Fury cursed under his breath. “Should I regret missing such a glorious battle?”

“You would never get anywhere near the Black Widow.” Tony said with a laugh.

Thor gave him an incredulous look for a moment, then he laughed as well. “Well said, Friend Tony!”

38