Chapter 47
1.3k 8 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Izuku and Tanya dropped Mina off at her place, after a shared kissing session. As they flew off with fake straps between them to cover for Izuku's illegal quirk usage, their phones lit up at the news about the damaged buildings and the investigation that was ongoing. The pair placed bets with each other for when the heroes would officially declare their teammate was missing.

“I'm betting a week and that's only if they get together regularly.” Tanya said with a laugh.

“I'm betting two weeks, no conditions.” Izuku said.

“Oh? What do I get if I win?” Tanya asked as she flew towards the address of the next contact on the stolen phone. They had a lot more work to do before returning to school on Monday.

“What do you want?” Izuku asked, a little sheepishly.

“I'll figure out something.” Tanya said in her evil voice. “What do you want if you win?”

Izuku shivered a little at the tone. “I want to see your beautiful smile as you deep throat me.”

Tanya barked a laugh. “I just recovered from a serious head injury, you bastard!”

Izuku laughed as well. “You've got two weeks to come to terms with it before you need to pay up.”

“Overconfident much?” Tanya asked as they landed in a secluded spot near the house they were targeting. “Damn, I can feel the corruption from here.”

Izuku quickly unstrapped himself and discarded the extra gear. “Can you tell how many there are?”

Tanya discarded her extra equipment as well. “There was only supposed to be one here.” She said and picked up the army viewfinder. She didn't wince as she used her aura sight, which was a relief for her, and she saw eight glowing forms through the walls. “There's eight of them and they look like they are having a meeting.”

Izuku loaded up her rifle for her. “Don't stop shooting.”

“Izuku...”

“You saw what happened last time. They could survive the first time.”

Tanya accepted the rifle and nodded. She didn't really want to use that much energy so soon; but, Izuku was right. They couldn't take the chance that one of them would escape and spread Being X's twisted gospel. It had already gotten out of hand with their unofficial church.

Izuku stood there guarding her and watched as she took aim. He could feel the energy flow through her, so he put a hand on the back of her neck and helped her with his Fa Jin kinetic aura.

“Ohhhhh.” Tanya moaned as her energy spiked, then she started shooting.

*WhaaaBOOM!* *WhaaaBOOM!* *WhaaaBOOM!* *WhaaaBOOM!*

When the barrage ended, Izuku ran over at super speed to check the targets. Nothing was left, not even debris. “Any auras around?” He asked over her earpiece.

“No, we got them all.” Tanya said. She double checked with the viewfinder and nothing was near or around the site. “Let's go and check the next contact.”

Izuku ran back to her and helped her pack up and re-equip before he did himself. “There's a chance we just took out most of the contact list.”

Tanya let out her manic grin. “We can hope.”

Izuku laughed and strapped himself to her back.

The next two hours were both fruitful and empty of purpose. Each of the addresses they went to were empty of any Being X's blessed auras. Two of them were hero agencies, too. No more evidence was found, so they had to assume that they had either gotten them already or they were out somewhere.

“Only one more left on the list.” Tanya said and checked the stolen phone once more. “We'll be down to hacking the electronics for other sources to hunt after this.”

“I'm okay with that.” Izuku said and they flew halfway across the country to land at an appropriate spot, only to see the backside of the UA campus. He let out a curse and sighed. “I hope we don't know who this is.”

“It's someone allowed on the campus after hours, so it should be either a teacher or a part of the staff.” Tanya said and they took off their bulky equipment and started their surveillance. After an hour, they saw nothing.

“Where's the aura right now?” Izuku asked.

“Second building in the basement.” Tanya said. “I didn't know the school had a basement.”

“It's not supposed to.” Izuku said. “Are we busting in or going stealth?”

“Stealth. Just because someone else is on school grounds after hours, that doesn't mean we won't get in trouble for it if we're caught.”

“Good point.” Izuku said and made sure his knives and pistol were settled and out of the way of his natural movement when he moved.

Tanya hid her rifle and only took her four pistols with her, since she wouldn't need a long range option while in such an enclosed space. They made their way across the back of the campus grounds towards the second building. When they were halfway across a nice flat field, security lights came on and lit up the whole place.

“FUCK!” Izuku yelled, grabbed Tanya in a princess carry, and jumped as high as he could. A second later, two large automatic weapon platforms popped out of the ground and started firing where they had been. The tracking sensors followed the moving objects and raised the guns appropriately.

“Put me on your back!” Tanya said and she was suddenly in a fireman's carry.

Izuku twisted around and punched the air, giving himself momentum to move, and Tanya held on as best as she could to the harness Izuku wore. They flew towards the second building and hopefully out of the line of fire. Unfortunately, this was the wrong move. Another two platforms popped up on the roof and aimed right for them.

“NO!” Izuku yelled and then he felt his arms burn as two very long black energy tendrils shot out of his hands. He only stared at them for a second before he grinned. He silently thanked one of the two reluctant spirits that resided inside his quirk and used the knowledge he just gained. The tendrils whipped through the air, blocked hundreds of bullets, then they snapped like whips and destroyed both platforms.

The tendrils grabbed onto the roof and Izuku pulled himself and Tanya to the roof and landed, just out of the ground platform's angle of attack. Izuku didn't ignore the opportunity and used the black energy tendrils to shred the ground platforms, then he shivered and dropped to the roof in a heap.

“Izuku!” Tanya gasped as she landed on top of him, rolled off, and looked at his face.

“Whew.” Izuku panted. “That... was a lot harder... than I thought... it was going to be.”

“Using a quirk for the first time is exhausting.” Tanya said in agreement as she pulled him up into a sitting position. She sat down in front of him and he rested his head on her shoulder. “Your aura...”

“Exhausted.” Izuku whispered. “Can't... channel. Too... tired.” He let out a yawn. “Stamina gone.”

“We can rest here for a short time, then we have to move.” Tanya said. “Whoever it is, knows we're here.”

“Knows... someone's... here.” Izuku said and closed his eyes. “Shield?”

“I don't know.” Tanya said. “I've used it against small arms fire before. Against Artillery? I doubt it'll hold for more than a single shot.”

“Then... blanket.”

“Our stuff is back at the clearing.” Tanya reminded him.

“Then...” Izuku started to say and fell asleep.

Tanya almost laughed at him. He was big and muscular and damn near super-strong; and yet, he relied on her to protect him. She liked that aspect of his personality, though. Izuku knew that he needed someone to look after him, no matter how powerful he was becoming. She kissed his cheek and kept watch on the rooftop for any movement, with her pistols at the ready.

A slight whirring sound brought her gun around to the corner of the roof and she shot it automatically. A camera lens was shattered into scrap with a Doorbuster, as was the little robot it was attached to. That was definitely going to get someone's attention and let them know where both she and Izuku were. There was nothing she could do about that, though.

Tanya would soon be glad that she had thousands of pellets in the clip refills on her belt.

*

Izuku woke up and opened his eyes. He saw that he was almost completely surrounded by scrap metal. Or what was now scrap metal. He couldn't really tell what they were before Tanya's shots had crushed and mangled them. He lifted his head from her shoulder and saw another wave of them coming up and over the side of the building.

Unlike the last time, he used his kinetic aura to absorb energy from the machines and then a single black energy whip snapped out and cut the machines in half. He didn't feel the drain at all, which meant he needed to gather energy first and then counter, so he wouldn't exhaust himself.

“Hey, sleepyhead. Nice shot.” Tanya whispered.

Izuku kissed her cheek. “Thank you for protecting me, Colonel.”

Tanya blushed a little. “Hey, no bedroom talk. We have a recruit to kill.”

Izuku smiled. “Those little bots had a lot of kinetic energy in their power sources.” He said and slowly stood up. “Let's see what we can find when we take the direct route.”

Tanya let out an 'eep' sound when he hugged her tightly with an arm and pointed the other straight down. “Hey!”

“Hold on, Colonel.” Izuku said and a black energy tendril five feet thick shot out of his hand and it went straight through the roof. They dropped down, thanks to gravity, and hit... nothing.

The tendril was making the path for them to fall through and they went right down through every single floor until they reached the basement. Izuku activated Float and they landed without a sound among the debris of the floors they had broken through.

“You're here!” An excited female voice echoed through the large area. “My first baby finally gets to fight!”

“Master says you are intruders.” A mechanical voice said and a mechanical whip flew at them from the darkness.

Izuku caught the thing and absorbed the kinetic energy from it.

“What... no... you... you can't!” The female voice said in confusion. “Let him go! He's just a baby!”

Izuku let Tanya go and yanked on the mechanical whip. A giant four armed and six legged mechanical monstrosity flew out of the darkness towards them. “Tanya?”

“Go ahead. I had lots of fun before.” Tanya said with a grin.

Izuku laughed and pulled his other hand back as it glowed slightly green. He didn't shout a catch phrase or a move name. He just punched with all his might and the giant metal thing blew apart and then disintegrated.

“NOOOOOO!” The female voice yelled. A moment later, there was a thump and nothing else.

Tanya walked over to the wall and felt along it.

“If my aura is right, there's a potential kinetic area about ten feet to the right.” Izuku said.

Tanya moved in that direction and found several switches. She flipped them on and the whole open space lit up with the snaps of powerful overhead lights. It also revealed thousands of the little robots just waiting to be activated.

“There's someone up in the control booth.” Izuku said and pointed across the room at a little observation window. “I think my aura expanded, too.”

“That's why you should be using it all the time.” Tanya said and entered the door in the wall and went up the stairs.

“I'd be sucking up kinetic energy all over if I did that.” Izuku said in her earpiece as she opened the door to the control room. “Oh, look. The little machines are waking up.” He said and then he chuckled. “Swarm tactics? Nice.”

“Have fun.” Tanya said and heard Izuku's laugh and the sounds of smashing metal.

The unconscious form of the pink haired girl twitched as she got closer. Tanya knew what that meant, so she unloaded her pistol into the girl's face, exploded her brain and then her heart, then she used her magic to dispel the energy glow and cancelled Being X's blessing.

“You should have known that every deal comes at a cost, Mei Hatsume. Usually, it's one that most people aren't willing to pay when it comes due.” Tanya said and pulled out a tiny cylinder from her belt. She hit the release and dropped the phosphorus grenade on the body before walking away. No evidence of Being X was allowed to remain, if she had anything to say about it.

55