Chapter 49
1.2k 5 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Izuku relaxed when the girls started chatting and he went back to work looking for new contacts. He also went over the tapped government lines that he and Tanya had put into place to track down the people that were trying their best to make sure that Tanya couldn't buy weapons or get her hero license. It was an extensive plan and had many facets that were like a regenerating hydra. They would cut one out and two more would replace it.

Some of the secret government's background plans had gone into effect when they had removed one of the major bosses from the department that had cut Tanya loose when she was younger. He apparently had different stipulations about the circumstances of his death and what would happen if certain conditions were met.

Izuku almost growled as he followed the computer trail to the hidden instructions that had been sent out. They were code-worded and didn't make sense in a normal setting, which meant he needed to find someone that had an actual code book for him to use.

This will be the first time I'll need to interrogate someone on my own. Izuku thought and went through the new list of contacts that had been sent the coded messages. He pretty much chose one at random because it didn't really matter who they were. He would not fail Tanya and he would give her everything she wanted. He just had to wait for nightfall before he could head out.

*

The male member of the Pussycats came out of the lodge to greet the buses, which just happened to be about two hours before the 1-A students were expected to arrive on foot. He was shocked to see a group of girls casually talking while they sat at the cooking area.

How did they know we were going to make them cook? Tiger asked himself. “What are you doing here so soon?”

“Relaxing. What does it look like we're doing?” Tanya responded.

Tiger didn't normally have kids talk back to him, since his very presence was intimidating. He was six foot three inches tall without his boots giving him a few extra inches, and he was very muscled and looked quite strong. He walked over to them and used his size and an apparent aura of imposing to let them know that he wasn't to be messed with.

Most of the girls looked nervous and stopped talking as he approached, except for one. Tanya stood up to meet him and when he was close enough, she let a punch go that he couldn't see and it slammed into his chest.

“UGH!” Tiger grunted as his chest caved in and he had to take a step back.

“Cut that shit out or I'm going to get angry.” Tanya said with a growl.

“You... can't...” Tiger said as his body recovered, thanks to his quirk, Pliabody, that he could stretch, flatten, and bend his body in ways that should be impossible.

“I can, because unlike my classmates, I've been around All Might when he was acting like a villain.” Tanya said and glared up at the man's face. “You act like that around us again and I won't hold back like I did with him.”

“My quirk...”

“Easily bypassed by making it move without your consent, asshole.” Tanya said and her foot kicked out faster than he could see and the center of his chest was compressed and it pushed the air out of his lungs.

Tiger gasped and dropped to his knees, breathless.

“Izuku was right about you idiots. You think just because you have powers and in positions of authority, that you can do whatever you want to the students under your care.” Tanya said and her fist slammed into the man's face and stretched it well beyond the man's normal ability to move that fast. “We are going to show you that you... are... wrong.”

Tiger felt her small hand grab him by the neck and then he was suddenly tasting dirt and had a foot stomped on the back of his head. When he woke up later, he would find out that it was his own foot, because Tanya had bent him in half to smack him with it and then tied him up.

“Tanya, you shouldn't have done that.” Momo said in a whisper.

Tanya huffed and walked back over to her friends and sat down. “He wasn't going to listen to reason, just like the teachers don't.”

“But, he's going to be training us.” Toru said.

“Ribbit.” Tsu added.

“I don't think there's anything that stupid oaf can teach me.” Tanya said and heard a woman's startled shout. She turned to look and a woman that was dressed like the other Pussycats had seen Tiger's new pretzel state.

“What did you do?” Ragdoll asked as she slid to a stop beside her unconscious teammate.

“He was trying to intimidate me. I objected to that.” Tanya said.

“It's just a training tactic he uses!”

“No, it's not.” Tanya said and stood to face her. “He was intentionally scaring us because we were here before he expected us.”

“No, that...” Ragdoll stopped talking, because she had used her Search quirk and realized that she was right. The other girls were wary of her and the man that was currently wrapped up like a package.

“I see it on your face.” Tanya said with a nod. “Are we going to have a problem with you, too?”

Ragdoll sighed. “Tiger was supposed to maintain discipline while the others are away from the lodge.”

“Considering he was the cause of this in the first place, he wasn't doing a very good job.” Tanya said and the other girls nodded their heads in agreement. “I learned a long time ago that intimidation has a very limited use. Having the people serving under you afraid of you, causes them to make stupid mistakes.”

Mina stood and took Tanya's hand.

“You instead lead them, show them they are appreciated, and that you can't do it without them.” Tanya said and Mina beamed a smile at her. “Encouragement, rewards, and camaraderie are the best motivation, because people will want to follow you if you value them and believe in them.”

“Well said.” Momo said and put a hand on Tanya's shoulder. “If we have a choice of having a great friend to learn from or a mean person that can only make us fear them for failing, we will choose the friend.”

“We all will.” Ochako said and the other girls stood and gathered around Tanya.

Ragdoll used her Search quirk again and the 'weakness' she had felt from the girls, was now gone. “I need help later to carry out the food for you all to cook for yourselves when the rest show up.”

Just then the two buses pulled into the main compound area. One was empty except for Aizawa and the bus driver and the other contained the students from Class 1-B. Aizawa looked over the scene in front of him, shrugged, and went into the lodge.

“Hey, guys!” Itsuka said and waved as she walked over to Tanya. She brought the other girls from 1-B with her. “What happened to the big guy?”

“He tried to intimidate us and I dealt with it.” Tanya said.

The new girls all had smiles on their faces.

“Good for you!” Pony said in English and trotted over to her, then she switched back to Japanese. “Hate when big guys use size and think they big mountain.”

Tanya almost laughed at her saying 'mountain' instead of 'shit', when they all knew what Pony meant.

“So, what are we doing?” Itsuka asked.

“Cooking our own supper, apparently.” Tsu said and frowned.

Tanya knew what Tsu was sad about, because she was sure that the lodge hadn't accommodated her special dietary needs. “Izuku packed a few things for you in my bag.”

Tsu's frown disappeared and she smiled. “Really? Ribbit.”

“He suspected that when they changed the venue, they didn't change what they were cooking.” Tanya said. “I didn't say anything because our bags were on the bus.”

“Thank you.” Tsu said and gave her a quick hug. “I was worried about going a whole week without any essential nutrients.”

“If it came to that, we would all try to help you look for something.” Ochako said and the other girls of their class nodded.

“You're our friend. You just need to ask and we'll do what we can to help.” Toru said.

“Thanks, guys.” Tsu said and blushed a little.

“I think we can start now, since most of you are here!” Ragdoll said with her normal enthusiasm. “Let's get to carrying, chopping, and cooking!”

Tanya and her friends exchanged looks, shrugged, and followed the pro hero and the others into the lodge. They brought out dozens of containers of vegetables, meat, spices, and condiments. Not a trace of food that was appropriate for Tsu could be found anywhere.

“I'm glad my Izuku is smarter than the teachers.” Tanya said and everyone glared at Aizawa.

“It was one oversight.” Aizawa said with a sigh. “I'd send word to send food if there was a cell phone signal out this far.”

“All it takes is one mistake to cause a disaster.” Tanya said as she retrieved her bag and the others nodded. “Here you go, Tsu.”

Tsu looked surprised when Tanya handed her the large dufflebag. “What... what's this?”

“A week's worth of specialty food.” Tanya said and opened it to show her the bag was full of containers. “Izuku and his mom tried to make sure they are edible without having to heat them up.”

Tsu's eyes were a little wet as she hugged the bag. “Th-thank you.”

Tanya knew what was coming, so she stepped close and Tsu gave her a soft and tender kiss. “Izuku will be looking forward to that.”

Tsu blushed and nodded. She was going to look forward to it, too.

The redheaded young woman from Class 1-B stared at what had just happened in front of her. “Did she just... kiss another girl... in front of everyone?” Itsuka asked the invisible person beside her that was chopping carrots.

“It's part of the deal.” Toru whispered to her and then explained what Tanya had said about her friends and what needed to be done to keep things fair between her and Izuku.

“I think I need to make more friends.” Itsuka whispered back, which made Toru chuckle.

*

Izuku added Tiger to the top of the revenge list. No one tried things like that on his Tanya without paying for it. He even took down All Might because of it, so some nobody on a team that no one cared about, wasn't going to get away with it, either.

He packed up Tanya's rifle and her special ammo, the bag with her actual clothing in it, and her handguns. He would make a quick trip and drop them off at the meeting point before he went on the mission that Tanya needed him to do. He would track down the code book before the night was out, or his name wasn't Captain Midoria.

*

Jason Born had no idea how he had been targeted when he was supposed to be deep undercover in a foreign country. He had slipped through the border without anyone catching on to his disguise or discovering that his ID was fake. It was one of his more prolific jobs and he would complete it or die trying. At least, that was the plan.

He had shown up at the target's residence and successfully eliminated him, raided the man's files and computer, then destroyed everything. No evidence could be left to trace back to him or to the organization he worked for. His stealth quirk allowed him to get into and out of places easily and he used it to escape... only for the world to be filled with pain.

Jason laid on the ground about thirty feet from the target's apartment and he felt hands tear off all of his equipment. He didn't ask the man what he was doing, because he would have done the same thing to recover information from a rogue agent. He wasn't surprised that the hidden USB drive was found and taken, too.

“You cost me two hours of hard work.” The voice said in a soft growl. “Now I'm behind and she isn't going to be happy if I fail my mission tonight.”

Jason didn't bother asking who he meant, because he knew he would never answer if asked. “Kill me.”

The man searching him seemed to stop moving and then he chuckled. “I was going to, since you've seen me.”

Jason felt relief that he wouldn't be caught and turned over to the authorities. If he was, he wouldn't like how things turned out. He would be disavowed and forgotten, his contract terminated, and his records expunged. If he was ever revealed, he would become anathema to every spy agency in the world. A compromised agent was never trusted again.

“Who's your contact?” The man asked and waved the USB in his face.

Jason tried to laugh and coughed instead. The man nodded in understanding and then Jason was dead.

“Tanya is going to hate knowing that there are other forces trying to interfere.” Izuku said and tossed the body into the house and added three phosphorus grenades before he leapt away and used Float to carry his completely black clothed form across part of the city. He had one more place to check before he would head home with the data and hoped that it had the code book on it somewhere.

*

The guys of the class had shown up at the training camp exhausted and beaten, so everyone had focused on them and fed them as the guys told them about all of the clay and dirt creatures that they had fought hard against to arrive at the forest lodge.

It was a perfect distraction and Tanya stayed in the background and didn't bring attention to herself at all. When everyone went to bed tired, she had snuck away after lights out and retrieved her weapons and clothing that Izuku had left for her. For some reason, she suspected that she was going to need them and felt naked without them.

Tanya had to agree with Izuku about how stupid it was that the students at the training camp were not allowed to bring their hero costumes and equipment. How were they supposed to improve if they didn't have the proper clothes and tools? Slowly, that's how.

Both she and Izuku had assumed that the teachers were going to try and force the students to push their quirks past their supposed limits. It could work if they properly motivated her classmates to do so. If the greeting at the camp was any indication, Tanya doubted that anything they said or did was going to give them the motivation to do more than they already had been.

Tanya tucked her new bags under her bunk and climbed under her blankets, only to find a blushing Mina waiting for her. “Well, hello there.” She whispered and Mina blushed even more.

“I know you are waiting to ask me to do it until it's more embarrassing.” Mina whispered.

Tanya thought about her wording and had to smile. “You don't want this to count.”

Mina shook her head and then gave her a hopeful look. “Can you... you know.”

Tanya knew what she wanted and slid in close. “Of course.” She said and gave her a kiss, then she moved up slightly and started sucking on one of Mina's horns.

53