Chapter 2
366 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up in my bedroom to the sound of glass breaking. it was still raining outside as I opened my eyes, A shrill shriek startled me and I looked over towards the door. Standing there was my step-mother. Her Bible in one hand, She had just dropped a steaming mug of hot tea.

"Samantha? What the hell happened to you?" She asked me in a quiet voice. "Huh?" I said. "What do you mean?" She frowned and pointed towards the mirror. I stood up slowly, my white t-shirt I'd been wearing was still soaked, covered in blood and rain and clung tightly to my body. 

I slowly walked to the mirror. I was taller, by a lot. Before I stood around 5'0 now I looked to be about 5'9. I stared at my reflection, my mouth dropping in shock. My usual long, silky blonde hair was now a deep Crimson red, with streaks of onxy black. I let out a small whimper as I noticed small, black horns shaped like a ram's sprouting from my forehead. My eyes were now a deep black, the irises around them colored black and blood red. Huge feathered wings jutted out from my shoulder blades. 

One was solid black while the other was dark red. 

I felt tears prick the edges of my eyes and to my horror even they were abnormal. Streaking down my face like dark ink then fading into nothing. A sharp pointed tail wrapped itself around my thigh before I lost it and started sobbing. I was a freak. I collapsed on the floor, my wings enveloping me as I sat there Quietly crying. My tail unwrapping itself and swishing back and forth on its own. 

"Samantha?" My step mother hesitantly asked before placing a frail hand on my right wing. I shuddered at the sensation, my wings seemed to be very sensitive. I yelped and pulled away from her. She looked startled and backed away from me. I pulled myself away from the mirror and stood up. 

I instinctively relaxed my shoulders and my wings collapsed, falling comfortably on my back. I looked down at my step mother and saw that she was trembling, I sighed before frowning and sitting down on my bed, she seemed to relax a bit. "I.. I don't know what happened.. Something strange happened on my way home.. I don't know how to explain it." I hesitantly told her. 

She nodded briefly before turning on the TV on my dresser. She changed the channel to the news where similar events seemed to be happening all over the world. I felt a surge of anger run through me as I watched footage of angels being slain by those monsters. 

I didn't know where these feeling were coming from but before I could contain my rage, my TV burst into flames. My step mother screamed and ran into the hallway to get the fire extinguisher, she returned spraying the flames until they died out. 

I sheepishly looked at her then averted my gaze towards my lap. My tail wrapping itself around me from anxiety. "Did you do that?" My step mother asked me. I shrugged my shoulders refusing to look at her. "You did didn't you? I saw your eyes glow when it happened." She shook her head then walked out of the room. 

I sat there for several minutes then decided to get dressed. I had trouble wearing jeans and pants, my tail seemed to push them down till they were slipping off. I cut a small hole through a pair of black Jean shorts then smiled as I slid them on. They fit perfectly and comfortably. Next I had trouble with my shirt. I decided to just leave my stained white T on as everytime I tried pulling another t-shirt over my head either my horns would rip the fabric to shreds or my wings would rip the back open. 

I walked out of my bedroom just as someone started knocking on the door. I ran downstairs to see my step mother staring with the door wide open. Her eyes looked to be bulging out of her head. 

I walked beside her and my mouth dropped open in shock as well. Standing in front of us was a 5'7 woman with black and white fox ears, bright yellow eyes and almost completely white silky hair. A large black, pointed tail with a spike at the tip stuck out from behind her, it gently swayed back and Forth. 

Something was familiar about her but I couldn't figure out what it was until she spoke. "Hey um is Samantha here?" She asked looking up suspiciously at me. My eyes widened as realization dawned on me. "Ava?" 

19