Chapter 9
150 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few days of traveling Ava and I finally reached the edge of the woods drawing closer to the next town over, her mood had dropped significantly since that morning, And I was trying my best to cheer her up in every way possible, We’d found an empty truck with a full tank of gas on a nearby farm and decided to take it, my wings were too big for me to sit in the front seat so I curled up in the spacious back and let Ava Drive. 

she found a cozy blanket in one of the truck's compartments and wrapped it around me as I napped and lazily chatted with her. She seemed to be cheering up a bit since we found the truck and this made me happy.

I was feeling conflicted about going along with the voices in mine and Ava’s head but Michael was so comforting, he helped me sleep and relaxed me when I was upset. The past few nights he'd calmed me down when I was feeling scared and anxious, he seemed to be talking to me quit a bit and I found I could respond to him through my thoughts. 

He told me of the war he was fighting. How he was cast down from heaven's grace in his final moments, all because he couldn't stand to see his brothers and sisters die because of this ridiculous war between Satan and his father. 

In his final moments he refused to fight, God cast his judgment because of this and marked him as a fallen angel. 

This is why he sided with abbadon, as the demon prince had similar opinions on the war being fought. He didn't like that it involved the human race, he took pity on the mortals and saw them as sheep to be taken care of. 

He wanted desperately to win this war so he could save the few remaining souls left on earth, contrary to popular belief, Abbadon was not a demon of malicious intent but the opposite entirely. 

He’d chosen Ava as his vessel because her soul surged with purity and kindness. It enraged him that God had deemed her a sinner because she was gay, a fact I hadn't know until Michael had told me. 

It didn't bother me in the slightest and actually reassured my feelings for her, I was beginning to develop a deep crush, the way she held me at night, and comforted me when I was feeling down or conflicted, all these things sent little flutters of joy to my heart. 

Although I'd only ever been with guys, I knew I was bi, I'd secretly been attracted to other girls since I was in middle school, being too afraid to ever admit it to anyone I decided to just keep it to myself. I was starting to actually love my wings and I desperately wanted to fly, Michael told me I wouldn't be able to without his help but this didn't stop me from daydreaming of soaring through the skies like the other angels. 

I knew these feelings were coming from Michael merging with my soul but I didn't care, the feathers on my wings felt nice and I was starting to like the advantages my new body had. I was taller, faster, and stronger than id ever been. 

I was waking up from a nap As Ava drove past the Virginia state line, she slammed on the brakes, causing me to yelp as I was thrown from the back seat and hit the passenger seat. I hesitantly got up, wincing in slight pain. “Ouch.. Why'd you do that?” I whispered to ava. She pointed towards the window, her eyes open with shock. I gasped as I saw it too, a large horde of demons were tearing apart human corpses, eating the remains. 

Ava silently turned off the engine of the truck and I prayed they wouldn't see or hear us. Even with our enhanced bodies there were just so many of them, and I really didn't want to get out of the comfortable little nest I'd built in the back seat, with my blanket and pillows. Ava had been teasing me about it earlier, saying it was fitting since I had wings now. 

I sighed and silently asked  Micheal what we should do. He responded quickly saying if I wanted to fly now was the time. I relayed the message to Ava and she nodded, reluctantly agreeing seeing as we had no other choice. She grabbed the bags and a few other essential items and that's when we both stepped out of the truck. She wrapped her arms tightly around my waist and I held her close as I spread my wings to their full length, I let Michael take over and felt myself lose control. 

My body begin to glow and I felt myself floating upwards, my wings flapping behind me. We begin to slowly ascend until we were far above the stormy clouds cursing the earth. The sun was bright up here, the feeling of flying, the wind in my hair, was absolutely exhilarating. 

We soared and flew for several hours until my body begin to grow weak from exhaustion, Michael landed up on a snowy mountain top, the wilderness surrounding us. He let go of his control over my body and I soon found myself collapsing on the cold ground. 

Ava was looking at me with a worried expression, I quickly assured her I was okay and we started looking for a place to sleep for the night. We wandered down the mountain until we found a freshwater stream with a little cave close by. Ava gathered wood as I refilled our water bottles with stream water, we set up our sleeping bags near the cave entrance and Ava built a fire. 

I tried lighting it with my powers but I seemed to be too drained of energy to produce anything other than a few small sparks. Ava dug through her bag until she found her cigarette pack, she took the lighter out of the pack and lit some dried grass and twigs underneath the wood and soon we had a roaring fire to sit by. 

I was starting to get comfortable in my sleeping bag when ava walked over to me, she had a smug look on her face as she produced a large bottle of whiskey. “Look what I found in that truck, ” she said smiling. I smiled back at her as she popped open the bottle and took a swig, she handed it to me and I did the same. The liquor burned in my throat but it felt nice, I was getting a slight buzz after a few sips and my body was feeling warm and comfortable. Ava slid into the sleeping bag with me and wrapped her tail around my waist pulling me close to her. I sighed happily as I leaned back and closed my eyes, she felt so warm and nice. I felt my wings instinctively wrap around both of us and soon we both drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

5