Chapter 381
912 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Shout out to The King, Chafe!]

Lucky 381

"Mr. Vice President, you are here because..." General Andreas Romoel smiled stiffly as he asked the person in front of him.

Vice President Bronal Robinson sat in front of the table with his arms crossed. 

"Andreas, where is your son?" Bronal was clearly irritated. 

'I can't move around because I have a lot of work to do. '

Because of his position, Bronal was forced to work hard. Most of the responsibilities that Esmeralda had fallen to him. 

'Esmeralda was missing several times and I can't reach her! It was supposed to be her job to attend the summit meeting, but she pushed it on me instead!'

Now Bronal had lost a few pounds. He felt that he was working worth two jobs. 

So Bronal didn't have time to rest. He didn't even have time to find his daughter. 

'Luckily, Scarlett visits my office every week. At least I can talk to her.'

He was quite happy about that. Even though he was slowly dying from his endless work, his daughter never forgot him. He was touched. They mended their relationship and became closer. At least Scarlett could talk to him without any problems. 

'Still, I never met Calix the whole time! He didn't even congratulate me! How can I let my daughter marry an asshole like him? Never!'

He was adamant. The only time he met Calix was when he was in the hospital, just before Bronal was taken by the police. Apart from that, Calix just disappeared.

As a father, Bronal wanted to know if Calix could protect and care for his daughter. 

'But the most important thing is his heart. I want to know if Calix truly loves Scarlett.'

He knew Calix since he was a child, he often visited their home when he was young. So he knew that Calix was a good kid and could be trusted.

'But feelings can change. I want to know if he really loves Scarlett. That's the only way I can be sure.'

Considering that Calix never visits him, Bronal's opinion of him was negative. 

"We've known each other for a long time."

"Yes, I worked for you for a decade before I was transferred to the Border."

Their relationship was one of leader and subordinate. In fact, Andreas was one of the most talented soldiers in Bronal's division. It was no surprise that Andreas became a general. 

"Congratulations on your breakthrough."

"Thank you. I heard that Devon Artson worked as a bodyguard."

"That is true. Although I don't need a bodyguard... You know why I'm here. Andreas, I want to know where I can find your son."

Bronal had only a few days to rest. This was one of the rare moments when he could leave the office. So he wanted to use this chance to talk to Calix and ask him about his real intentions with Scarlett.

"About that..." Andreas scratched his head. His face frowned. 

"I didn't know where he is right now."

He told the truth. 

Calix's mission was a secret and only a few people knew about it.

"What?" Bronal's expression turned ugly. 

"Is he not afraid that I will beat him? He hasn't shown his face for almost half a year." 

Bronal was elected vice president half a year ago. 

"To be honest, I want to beat him too. I'm afraid that something has already happened to him," Andreas added. He wanted to imprint his fist on Calix's face as soon as he returned. 

"All I know is that Esmeralda gave Calix an important mission."

"President Esmeralda?"

"That's right."

In the end, the two fathers sighed. None of them had the courage to talk to the President. They were military men and they understood how frightening Esmeralda was. 

Even for Bronal, President Esmeralda was a scary person. After all, the woman was his teacher. 

"... Call me when you meet Calix. I have to beat him." Bronal said. 

"Don't worry, I will beat him too," Andreas assured him.

They were fathers and worried about their children. 

"By the way, I brought some whiskey. You can drink it if you can't sleep."

It was not proven that alcohol could help a person fall asleep, but it seemed that whiskey helped Bronal a lot. 

"Thank you."

.........

......

...

"Do you agree?" 

In another country, two people were having a conversation about the information they had received. 

"Is this even real?" Berto Alb read through the documents and could not believe that the meeting of well-known criminal leaders was happening right under their noses.

"Looks like it's valid." Principal Lycan nodded. 

They have a strong control over the information in their country. There was a good chance that the information was real. 

"But why? We both know that the underworld organization is quiet and doesn't make much noise." Berto Alb frowned. 

"Indeed... That means only one thing. They deliberately released this information." 

"Are they not afraid that we will raid them?" 

"Berto, let's be serious. The Triad will be hard to deal with, even for me."

The Triad was the largest crime syndicate in the world. It was no lie that they were the greatest authority in the underground society. Perhaps only the Council of Torment could match them in terms of strength and influence. 

However, the Council of Torment was a cult. Their motives were vile and disgusting. 

In a way, between the two evils, everyone would prefer the lesser evil that was the Triad. 

"What should I do?"

Berto Alb already had an idea. To be honest, he didn't want to return to this job because he understood the danger. He was already retired.

Unfortunately, his skills were highly valued and needed. 

"I want you to infiltrate the meeting." 

As expected, the response was obvious. 

"... Okay. Do I even have a choice? This is the only time they have gathered in Junian, and that definitely means something. They usually operate in the western continent, considering that the countries there have weaker military strength."

"I will give you a reward worthy of your hard work."

11