Chapter 382
1k 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Shout out to Phil, Manuel M., Jean Carlos L.C., Benjamin G.!]

Lucky 382

Calix checked his appearance in the mirror. To make sure no one would recognize him, he tied his hair back and wore a blond wig. 

He wore a suit because he would be attending the party. The Triad announced a party, and everyone invited was a known criminal. 

As for the motives of this gathering, perhaps only the Triad knew the reasons. 

With his golden 'hair', Calix looked like a Casanova. 

'It's a masquerade party, so no one will see my face.' He thought. 

Then he turned and his gaze became heavy. 

"Come out. You can't fool me."

"As expected of you." 

A woman giggled and walked through the wall. Shoujo Ramune was beautiful as always, despite being undercover. She wore a dark blue, off-the-shoulder, backless dress. 

Calix looked her up and down. He caught something interesting. The woman had completely changed her appearance. His eyes fell on her waist. 

"Your ears and tails..." 

"Oh, don't worry. I use a ring that hides my true appearance."

Shoujo Ramune pulled out her ring and her appearance returned to normal, the fox tails and ears appeared as well. Then she wore the ring again, and her tails and ears disappeared. 

"I see. Is this a rune item?"

"Yes. It was found in an ancient ruin on the Western continent. Considering that the Dwarven kingdom was on the Western continent, archaeologists like to go there."

The Western Continent was not a safe place. Most of the kingdoms and countries in the western continent were weak. The government didn't care about its citizens, and corruption and embezzlement were common. 

"Your appearance needs more changes, but since you're not famous and no one really knows your affiliation, I think it's enough." She nodded after looking at him. 

"Your clothes are quite amateurish. Your hair doesn't even look natural. Let me fix it."

"I'm sorry." 

Calix was quite confused. He thought that Shoujo Ramune was angry with him. But after looking at her, Calix felt that the woman was normal. 

In fact, she is a professional. She never lets her emotions affect her work. As expected from an actress.

He respected her for that. 

Calix sat down and let Shoujo fix his hair. She combed his hair and adjusted it to look natural. 

"Now it looks better."

He was pleased with her work. His hair looked real. 

"Now let's check your feet to make sure they are real." She said and tried to take off his shoes.

"Okay... Hey, wait a minute! What are you doing?"

He backed away from her. Calix remembered that this woman had a thing for feet. 

'She took pictures of my feet last time.'

"Tch."

Shoujo clearly clicked her tongue. 

"Don't get me wrong. I don't like you at all. It's just that your feet tell a story."

"What are you talking about?"

He got goose bumps listening to her. 

"Let me explain. Your feet have scars that show you have suffered in the past. Probably for three years, you experienced bad things after bad things. However, your nails are well trimmed. I can see that you have discipline. And the toes..."

"Okay, okay. You don't have to talk anymore. I understand."

 He quickly stopped her from continuing. The more he listened, the more goosebumps he got. 

'I don't know what's wrong with this woman. Maybe fame has given her an eccentric attitude.'

"Here is your mask. Put it on before we get there."

Shoujo shrugged and handed him a mask that covered his upper face. 

"Thank you."

"Then let's get started."

"How do we get there? I don't know the place."

"Don't worry, we have an informant."

The two used a flying ship and went to an abandoned building. 

"Why are we here?" Calix was perplexed. 

"Just wait and you will see. I'm sure you'll be surprised."

A few seconds later, a portal materialized and Calix was indeed surprised. 

Yuna stepped out of the portal!

'What is she doing here?'

To be honest, Calix didn't know what Yuna's job was. It was top secret. 

"Agent 006, and that person is?" 

Yuna was serious. Her usual playful expression was gone, as if she was used to this kind of job. 

"This is my partner, Agent 069."

'Agent 069? I have a codename? Why didn't I know that? Does this mean that there at least 68 spies aside from me in Junian because of the codenames?'

"I see." 

Yuna approached him, not knowing that he was actually her lover. 

Yuna narrowed her eyes. She felt she knew him. Her nose wrinkled as she smelled him. 

'Do I know this man?' She thought. 

"Is something wrong, Luitenant Garcia?" 

Shoujo Ramune was also confused. 

"No... I just feel like... Never mind. You can go now. The portal connects to the area where the party is."

"Then we will leave."

"Hm, make sure you do your mission right."

Calix and Shoujo entered the portal. A few seconds later, the portal disappeared.

"Did you know Lieutenant Garcia?" 

Shoujo asked him.

"..."

Calix didn't answer her question. Instead, his demeanor changed. 

"... Let's go."

She didn't know what happened, but it seemed that she was right. 

'Calix and Luitenant Garcia know each other. As for their relationship, it's still a mystery. But if there's one thing I'm curious about, it's the fact that President Esmeralda let this man join me on this dangerous mission. He doesn't look like he has a powerful TA. He looks normal to me, just good at hand-to-hand combat.'

The two wore their masks. 

"Follow me." 

Shoujo took the lead. There was a locked door and Shoujo passed through easily and unlocked the door from the inside. 

She opened the door for him. 

Now Calix realized why Esmeralda had given this job to Shoujo. The fox woman could escape the danger with her ability. She had the best power to infiltrate. 

They easily entered the party without anyone noticing that they were spies. 

The hall was wide and there were thousands of people drinking and talking. As they had heard, everyone was wearing a mask. 

If there was one thing that caught their attention, it was nothing but the fact that three people were sitting on their thrones on the stage. 

Those three people were the Triad. The three DemiGods who controlled the underground society. 

12