Chapter 388
634 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Author's note: Someone subscribed to my Patreon and asked me to continue writing TOFD, so I decided to start writing. Yeah, I know I'm a bastard for continuing this novel just because someone paid me money. Well, guys, a sack of rice is expensive.] 

Lucky 388

The situation continued to deteriorate, and the two heard the screams of dying people. 

Suddenly, another outburst came from a fat man wearing a bear mask. 

The bear-masked fat man summoned a volcano from the ground, and it began spewing lava and molten rock, wiping out people on the spot. 

From the pressure the fat guy released, it was obvious that his cultivation was at the Demigod level. 

"That person... He's from the Empire."

Shoujo's eyes trembled. She had enough information about the other countries because she was a spy. She hadn't expected to see a Demigod from the Xummolu Empire. 

Not only that, other spells began to materialize on the side of the mansion. It seemed that the other countries had formed an alliance to end the Triad. 

"Lucky! We have to leave!"

Shoujo grabbed Calix and tried to pull him away from the danger. But the man stood still and Shoujo could not move him at all. 

"Lucky!"

"Shoujo. With your Term Attribute, it's impossible to take me away."

"I know, but we still have to go. Our job is done and we don't have to put ourselves in danger."

Shoujo could only pass through objects. Her powers didn't work on others unless she became a 2nd Advanced and gained the ability to help Calix become intangible. 

"You can go first, I have something to do."

"You..." She looked at Calix and realized that he meant it. 

"Fine, all right. You can die if you want. I don't really care."

She sighed. To be honest, her feelings for this companion were not deep. In fact, she hated him. 

"Goodbye then."

"Hm. Don't worry about me."

"As if I care about you."

Shoujo's feet began to sink into the ground to escape the fight. She didn't think twice and left Calix. 

Using her Term Attribute, Shoujo avoided the hot spots and easily reached the exit of the mansion. She understood that her ability was nothing compared to the criminals and Demigods. 

Luckily, her ability was suitable for being a spy, and she was able to escape dangerous situations because of it. 

"That bastard. He doesn't care about his life at all! Hah! Let's see, after he dies, I'll take care of Lou. She has nicer feet, yeah."

She grinned and ran out of the mansion. Unfortunately, she learned that it was impossible to escape from this place. 

"Huh?"

Shoujo was stunned when she realized that there was a transparent barrier blocking her. She put her hands on the barrier, it was strong and impossible to break. 

Then she used her Term Attribute and tried to pass through the barrier. Her expression changed when she realized that her body could not pass through.

She tried other means, even deeper into the ground, but there was no way out. 

"Shit!" She gritted her teeth as she realized there was no way out.

'There is only one person who can create an absolute barrier. The Demigod of Ancas, Bruce Smallbum.'

"Damn it."

With no choice, Shoujo decided to sink into the ground to find Calix.

'I heard from Esmeralda that Calix has a way to protect me. I don't know what it is, but I will trust my superior.'

She didn't trust Calix, but Esmeralda was different. 

While she was underground, Shoujo felt the tremors of the battle and it was getting more deadly. 

She was already sweating when she came out of the ground. Maintaining her intangible state while underground and not breathing cost her a lot of energy. 

Luckily, she still remembered where she left Calix. 

When she came out of the ground, she was greeted by something she wasn't expecting.

"Wha-!?"

An alien-like creature pounced on her with a fierce hunger. 

Shoujo quickly dodged the attack and used the momentum to kick the creature away. 

"What's happening?"

She was shocked to see the whole environment change.

Her vision could only see endless office rooms with dull yellow lights. The place was so creepy and disturbing. 

Moreover, the alien creature in front of her was not injured at all. 

"I don't know anymore."

She shook her head in defeat and prepared for battle. 

To make matters worse, she could not see Calix. It seemed that the man had gone somewhere else. 

Shoujo pulled a centimeter-sized Battlesuit out of her pocket. The small object began to return to its original size and enveloped Shoujo. 

The Battlesuit was the best way to increase her strength and defense.

"I swear, I'm having bad luck these days. Did I do something terrible that life started to curse me?" She wondered as she prepared for battle. 

With the help of the Battlesuit, which increased her strength, Shoujo rushed forward and kicked the alien with a swift sound. 

The alien was cut in two and fell to the ground. The alien had sticky black blood and it was disgusting. 

"Ew..."

She frowned and looked away. She didn't like disgusting things. 

"Let's find Calix." She understood that her way out of this danger was Calix, at least based on what Esmeralda said. 

"Guargh-!"

Unfortunately, another creature appeared. This time the creature was big, but it didn't have a face, it was wearing a suit and tie. It had a blank white face, a scary Slenderman. 

"Again, what is this place? I'm not even sure if I'm in the mansion anymore!" 

The whole situation was confusing and frightening. She knew that this mission would be dangerous, but she hadn't expected it to be scary as hell. 

'I've heard that there's a person who can summon a domain, but that's just a rumor. No one knows if this person is real. However, if this person is real, his ability might be like this.'

White tendrils sprouted from the Slenderman's back and rushed toward her. 

"No, I'm not stupid enough to fight you. You don't even look like an Aberrant. Goodbye, asshole."

Shoujo had no choice but to flee. Her forte was using her ability to escape dangerous situations, not fighting alien creatures. 

13