Chapter 390
524 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucky 390

"Looks like this is the end."

Berto Alb was drenched in sweat after the battle. He looked around, the whole place was littered with dead bodies and ashes. 

A few meters away from him was his nephew, wearing the latest model of Battlesuit. 

"Even a person like me can't get a C-Series. You're lucky to have that."

"Thank you," Calix replied, pulling Mento back. 

"This place is already cleaned, but there are other places where the battle is still going on. I see you're looking for someone."

"Yes, I will find the Triad."

"... Are you crazy?" Berto narrowed his eyes. 

"The Triad and the Demigods are fighting right now. Even someone like me will die if I join their conflict. I advise you to stay away from them."

"I can't."

"This child... You're just like your mother, she doesn't listen at all."

"Is that so? Then I will take that as a compliment."

The fight earlier made them realize that they were not enemies, at least not yet. Both Dellia and Junian didn't want to kill the Triad. They had no reason to fight at all. In fact, these Backrooms kept them safe. Both Calix and Berto used the Backrooms to keep the criminals and the DemiGods occupied. 

"I think we both understand that once the Triad is dead, the DemiGods from the other countries will kill everyone." 

Calix was not lying. There was a very good chance that this was the case. 

"..." 

"The best way to survive is to help the Triad. That's our only option."

"What do you want me to do?"

"I don't want anything from you. I'm just telling you what I know."

Calix started to walk away, leaving Berto behind. He never asked for his help in the first place. 

"Hey, don't think I forgot. You stole something from the Ancient Library."

"Are you sure that was the Ancient Library? This place looks desolate."

Calix questioned back. 

"Don't dodge my question, where's the Chimera?"

"In my apartment. Although I will never give it to you, just admit your loss."

Calix slowly disappeared and went to another part of the Backrooms.

"Shit."

Berto cursed as he realized that he could not let Calix go into battle alone. Even if they weren't close, Calix was Clara's son and he didn't want to see him dead. 

In the end, Berto followed him to make sure he did not die. 

.........

......

...

On the other side of the battlefield, Athena was holding her bat. She was clearly exhausted as she was breathing hard. 

The battle on this side was fierce and hellish. Both sides were trying their best to eliminate each other. 

The ordinary members of the Triad were fighting the spies from the other countries. 

"You seem tired, as expected of a woman who has just awakened her 3rd Term Attribute. You still haven't mastered your skill."

Athena stared weakly at the person in front of her. 

The man had long hair that reached down to the ground. Furthermore, his hair moved by itself. That was his ability, he could control his hair like a whip. 

"It's unfortunate that a young talented woman like you sided with the Triad. If you want, you can join the Empire. We respect a strong person like you."

There were over a hundred spies from various countries at this banquet. In addition, 9 demigods were leading them. It would be hard for the Triad to survive this battle unscathed.

"I will never betray my master, not anymore."

"What a waste."

The man sighed. 

"Athena! You must run, you can't die here." 

"Run Sana, I can't protect you. You must run and find a place to hide."

Behind Athena was the owner of an amusement park named Sana. As a TA user with no offensive ability, she hid behind Athena. 

However, it seemed that Athena's strength was not enough to fend off the danger. 

In fact, even Medu had a hard time protecting her. She was busy fighting the Demigods. 

The situation was dangerous for everyone. 

Athena used her metal bat to stand up and glared at the long-haired man. 

She didn't have a choice but to think about their situation. 

"Sana, I haven't asked you yet..."

The maid pulled a large diamond out of her pocket. It was one of the things the butler Alfred had given her. 

"What do you want to ask?"

Realizing Athena's intention, Sana became serious and grabbed the diamond. 

"Tell me the way to survive this battle." 

"Okay! Give me a minute!"

Then Athena rushed forward to give Sana time to use her power. 

"Hah! A futile effort. You will all die here. The Triad is getting arrogant, they think the Empire will bow to them just because they got another DemiGod! I tell you, the true strength of the Empire is massive!"

The long-haired man and Athena began to swing their weapons.

"Kuh!"

Athena received a wound from the man. Her shoulder began to bleed, but the maid didn't stop. She used her bat and summoned a wind blade! 

"I'm faster than your wind."

A strong gust of wind almost hit the man. Then he countered and used his sharp hair to stab her. 

"You lost."

"-- Uck!"

The hair stabbed her stomach, and Athena gritted her teeth as blood spurted from her mouth. 

"Athena! We'll survive!"

Sana opened her eyes weakly after the groggy experience. With her sluggish legs, she ran forward and tried to attack the long-haired man. 

"Useless!"

He casually slapped Sana and the woman stumbled down. 

"No, it's not... He is here." Sana wiped the blood from the corner of her mouth. 

-- Bang!

It was a loud, deafening shot! 

"Huh?"

The long-haired man was shocked as he realized that there was a large hole in his chest. 

"What...?"

This was his last question before dying. He lost his strength and fell to the ground. His blood spread slowly. 

A man wearing a mask arrived and saved them from death.

"Are you okay, Athena?" The man in battlesuit asked the maid. 

"You..."

Athena's eyes trembled as she recognized his voice. 

++++++

[You can visit my Patreon if you want to read more. I have 115 advanced chapters there for only $10.]

https://www.patreon.com/Puji_maki

13