44: James
182 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

44: James

James’ view

Becoming a mini god of infrastructure sounded like a good deal to me, which is a big part of why I signed up when I saw the offer from Lae. I could help people with things like plumbing in the beginning, and then slowly work on building up a fantasy version of the internet! With the power of magic, full sensory VR would not merely be the realm of fiction but fully feasible! Imagine what people could create!

Unfortunately, there’s been a downside I wasn’t anticipating: many many things I think I don’t want to know, constantly sitting at the periphery of my awareness. 

I gain some DP whenever something I create is used for something sexual. At least, that’s what’s supposed to happen. Yet I gain DP from the toilets I’ve installed. I gain DP from sinks and showers. I gain DP from creating floors people walk on… I’d read before that “If it exists, it’s someone’s fetish.” I’d not taken it quite so literally back then. Now though, I feel like I have evidence to support it. 

The problem with all of this, is that I’m now torn between curiosity about WHY I get DP from practically everything I make, no matter how non-sexual it’s intended purpose is, and the simple fact that I’m honestly pretty vanilla in my porn preferences, and I fear that I’d learn about fetishes that disgust me. 

Thus I find myself paying less and less attention to the things I create. I make things people ask for, and don’t really pay attention to how it’s used or how much DP it generates. I simply try to make sure I keep spending and don’t just stockpile a ton for no reason, and find myself steadily expanding the range and reach of my power as time passes. 

At least I did succeed in spreading VR and VR porn, and getting people to make their own. Still, I often see tags or titles that make me not want to look, and the amount of stuff I really like is a lot less than I’d hoped for. I’ve already learned (to my dismay) that “watersports” does not mean fucking in a pool.

When I asked someone about it, they said that the more normal stuff is easily gotten in real life for most people, so people looking for sex in VR are generally looking for things that would be impossible or dangerous in real life… I can’t play in real life though, I’m stuck in VR! I can create my own content, and still have all the porn I’d brought with me, but honestly, my imagination isn’t that great, and I’ve been here for years. I want more new content that doesn’t involve bodily harm, bodily waste, or bizarre inhuman monstrosities (seriously, I do not want to fuck a ball of dicks).

***Author Note***

James, you realize you’re basically in your own personal heaven, right?

Of course I do. I just think about the things that bother me, because I hope to find a way to make things even better than they already are.

Good, good, just making sure.

P.S. I think this might actually be the end for real this time... maybe.

9