Chapter 21: The Rite of Succession
432 13 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lilian had pulled Anna onto her lap as soon as she had served her dinner.

“H-Hey!” Anna protested as her face turned red from having been made to sit on her lover’s lap in-front of guests.

But Lilian rolled her eyes and ignored her complaints.

“Just sit and ignore the gack’tugs my love. I can see that you fed them despite their unwelcome entrance.” She lifted the plate Anna had brought her.

“You also fed them your portion, so let me share mine with you.”

Anna looked from her to the Mokra’Torc sitting across from them. Voltarian’s face twisting in anger even further than before.

Is she just using me to make him angry?!

Anna turned back to Lilian with a scowl on her face. Lilian look at Anna’s expression with surprise. Anna then leaned down towards Lilian’s ear to whisper to her.

“Look… I don’t want to just be used as a means just to piss your cousin off!” Anna scolded.

At first, Lilian looked apologetic, but then confused.

“How did you know he and I were related?”

Anna’s heart beat spiked at Lilian’s casual question.

Shhhiiiitttttt!…. I think I fucked up.

Thinking quickly Anna answered Lilian with an simple answer.

“He said you guys were.”

Lilian’s eyes narrowed a bit at her, as if she wasn’t buying it.

He would never freely admit that he was related to me.

“What?! He did! How else would I know?!” Anna whispered in outrage of Lilian’s skeptic look on her face. “And besides!” She gave Lilian a light tap on her shoulder. “We are talking about you using me! I very much do not like being used as a means to an end… Even if I do think your as clown of a cousin deserves it.”

This made Lilian snort to hear Anna call someone else an ass clown.

“It has been a while since I have heard you say that. And you are right, he is indeed an ass clown.”

“Well with that established, I will just—“

But even as Anna attempted to get up and leave, Lilian just held on to her tighter.

“But I am serious about us sharing a meal, I truly meant it. Ignore them, let me share with you while he and I talk. They do not deserve our full attention. Let me show you how we should treat actual gack’tugs.” Lilian leaned forward to press her lips to Anna’s briefly before whispering to her.

“Just let me hold you? Please?”

Seeing her earnest expression, Anna felt powerless.

God I am pathetic to give in like this. And here Mar’Aiyanok said Lilian was the one who was held by a leash.

Anna relaxed her body and then settled more into Lilian’s lap.

“Fine, but no more using me as a taunt. Or if you plan to, run it by me first, okay?”

Lilian smiled at her before leaning in for another kiss.

“Okay!” She assured.

Good! At least it seems I distracted her from the whole thing of how I knew he was related to her! Oh my god! That was close! I am sorry Agra’Yala.

But really, the only one Anna felt guilty towards was Lilian; Her heart pinged with the sting of guilt.

*SLAM*

Anna jumped at the slam on the table.

“Are you two degenerates quite finished?! Your flirting disgusts me!”

Oh no! He did not just say that!

Anna looked from him in wide eyed shock and anger towards Lilian who was scowling at him with what looked like she was trying to strangle him with her eyes.

Maybe that is why she wants me her as well. So she can’t jump over and kill her cousin.

So Anna instead did the taunting this time. She looked back towards Voltarian with a sneer.

“Not quite yet we are not.” Then just turned back to Lilian, who was looking at her in confusion for was she said. So Anna just tilted Lilian’s chin up and proceeded to give her a long and affectionate kiss.

It was their lips formed together, pressing in together sensually as they then opened themselves up to each other’s tongue to give and take and to explore one another mouth.

*SLAM* *THUNK*

Anna and Lilian separated to look over at the trio. But to their wide eyed surprise, one of the Mokra’Torc’s was passed out on the floor besides the table.

The other two Mokra’Torcs were also wide eyed staring at their friend who was passed out on the floor.

Lilian was the one who spoke first.

“What happened?”

Voltarian and his colleagues looked to each before looked at Lilian and shrugging.

Anna on the other hand thought she knows what happened based on the clues.

His forehead had a mark on it, his nose was bleeding, and his pants were slightly tented.

Did he really just pass out from to much stimulus of us kissing and get a nose bleed?!

*SNORT*

Anna couldn’t help but laugh a little.

Oh that is to funny! I have never actually seen that happen in real life! That is some funny shit!

All eyes were on Anna now that she was giggling to herself.

“Sorry! It is just funny! I never thought I would see someone pass out from over stimulus before.”

*SLAM*

Voltarian slammed his palm into the table again.

That definitely must either be an Mokra’Torc thing or just a Lilian’s side of the family thing: slamming tables.

“Enough of these games and taunts! We have no time for this!” He said before standing up.

“Eat your food and pack Demon! You are needed down at clan Dracogusse!”

Lilian narrowed her eyes towards her cousin.

Oh yeah buddy. That was stupid thing to say.

“Your increasing rudeness there cousin is starting to anger me greatly! This is my home we are in now! You are the gack’tugs here! And I am the gratal! My word is law! If I kill you here and now and send your corpses back to the Dracogusse clan for your rudeness towards me, it is my right to do so!”

Anna shivered to Lilian’s lap as she heard her talk like this. She had almost made herself forget that her love was a person who had gone through so much and had isolated themselves in a mountain.

With how unbelievably sweet she is most of the time, I forgot that this was the very same person who almost killed me once upon a time too. Wow! That seems so long ago.

As Anna was reminiscing about how far the two of then had come, Voltarian had a wicked smile come over his face.

“I would love to see you try! Do you have so little honor left within you that you would attack the people you own a favor towards?” He goaded.

Lilian scowled at him at first before a wicked smile formed on her own lips.

“And you must be in a crock of ogre shit if you are coming to me for help.”

“Yes!” Voltarian said through clenched teeth. “A clan called the Fel’Agrian has gathered all of the other smaller clans to challenge our clan for right to rule.”

Lilian let out a low whistle of surprise.

“Impressive! But what does this have to do with me?”

“He has already be our chieftain.”

“Then even more so, what does this matter to me then?”

“He trounced uncle Dracogrious so badly, that now he has threatened the whole of Dracogusse clan with annihilation.”

“Still not seeing how this is my problem…” Lilian told Voltarian with a bored expression.

*SLAM*

“DAMN IT WOMAN! We are talking about over a million Mokra’Torc lives lost or put to slavery by Krak’Nathal!”

“Okay… I get that much, but where do I come in on this? Why are you here because of this?”

“Krak’Nathal is angry with how pathetically Dracogrious has lost; father has convinced him that you are part of our clan, and amongst our strongest fighters. So this usurper wishes to meet and do battle with you to see of our clan is worthy of living.” Voltarian grit his teeth again before speaking. “We need you and your father’s blade to come with us down to come down duel with Krak’Nathal.”

Anna’s eyes were wide with fright at what Voltarian was asking Lilian to do.

“And this guy has beaten a lot of other clans like this?! Is he that strong?”

*SLAM*

Anna flinched as Voltarian’s fist hitting the table.

“SPEAK WHEN SPOKEN TO HUMAN! YOU—“

*SMACK*

*AAUGGHH!*

Before Anna had time to register what had happened the table had flung upwards and slammed into Voltarian’s jaw violently.

“SPEAK TO MY ASHU’RÁGÉ LIKE THAT AGAIN! AND I WILL CUT OFF YOUR HEAD AND THROW IT DOWN THE MOUNTAIN!”

Anna realized what Lilian had just done: she had kicked the table up from underneath with such force, that it shot up to smack Voltarian in the jaw.

Lilian settled back down into her chair proper. Anna started to stroke her arm soothingly, which made Lilian look up at her and smile.

She really did need me on her lap. I have a feeling if I was not the thing holding her literally down. She may have already beaten Voltarian to death.

Lilian looked back at the now groaning in pain Voltarian as he worried his jaw.

“Honestly, deal or no deal that I have made with your Shaman. I am tempted not to answer your Shaman’s call either way.” Lilian told him.

“W’at?!” He exclaimed with a muffled voice in pain.

“Say I do not answer, your clan is killed anyways. My deal is void. I do not see a loss for me not to answer. My honor will not suffer, for there will be none of you to claim it anyways.”

“You conniving harlot halfbreed! You dare to throw away your honor as a Mokra’Torc! YOU SWORE AN OATH TO COME WHEN CALLED UPON!”

Lilian shrugged.

“With only you, your father and your sorry excuse of a of a chieftain that know I made that promise.” Lilian pointed out, then shrugged. “For me, it is a simple choice really: I kill you, this Krak’Nathal kills your father and the chieftain, and then my Ashu’Rágé and I go on with our lives. I see no down side in this plan as of yet. My honor be damned.”

Anna wasn’t a fan of how cold Lilian sounded in regards to other peoples lives, but she also understood that they were trying to force her to do something potentially dangerous and fight someone they couldn’t beat themselves, with no regards to her own safety.

We need to think about ourselves first.

Voltarian looked from Lilian to Anna then back again.

“There is no getting out of this. Do you think that after hearing about the fact that you live up here alone with your father’s blade, that Krak’Nathal is simply just going to let you walk away? Even if you don’t help us, you’re involved now! He will eventually come for you and your…” He paused at the scowl Lilian shot at him, so he decided to choose his next words carefully. “…Your mate.” The words tasted like bile on his tongue as he spoke them.

“Then let him come! I will kill him then!” She boasted.

“Against him, his whole army, all while protecting your mate from attack?!”

“You keep on mentioning my Ashu’Rágé! Stop it! If this is some sort of underhanded way of threatening my mate, I will!—“

“And what if it is!” Voltarian challenged. “Go ahead! Kill me! Kill all three of us! We will be dead anyways if we return back without you in tow. Then afterwards, Krak’Nathal will come for you! Mark my word! He will try and come to and claim your father’s blade after killing you and yours!” Voltarian slumped back into his chair.

“Honestly halfbreed, your best option even for the peace you wish for: is to come down, kill Krak’Nathal for the Dracogusse clan, and keep your word for for the medicine we gave you!”

“Medicine?” Anna repeated curiously.

Does he mean.

Voltarian smirked.

“That is right human, medicine our Shaman gave to her for, and I am assuming this, you when you were taken by the Ogre’s Last Rites.”

Anna’s eyes went wide at hearing this.

“So this is about the medicine you got for me last time?” Anna asked Lilian cautiously.

“………………….” Lilian was quiet for a while before she replied.

“Yes. But I am almost certain they would have asked this of me regardless of any sort of pack they made with me. They just want me to come down and wipe their asses of their bums like some spoiled brats that can’t clean up after theirselves.”

Anna snorted at the imagery of the scene Lilian described. She put a finger under Lilian’s chin and tilted her head so she was looking at Anna.

“May I tell you my thoughts love?”

At her words, Lilian’s face softened and she smiled with a nod of her head.

“Always my Ashu’Rágé.” She assured Anna.

“Then let me tell you honestly: I do not wish to see you go and fight someone like that or put yourself in needless danger.” After she said this, Lilian turned her head and looked at her cousin smugly.

Anna rolled her eyes at this and pulled her head back to look at her.

“I wasn’t finished.” She informed her. “While I don’t want to see you in danger. I also do not like how you sound when you talk about not caring for the lives of others: It worries me.”

“But!—“ Anna put her lips on Lilian’s to silence her.

“*Mwah* And I know what you are going to say: that we should worry about ourselves first instead of others. And I actually agree with you on that.” She reached up to stroke the side of Lilian’s face. “But I don’t want you to be a cold person just because you think you have to be. If you think it is right to help someone, I want you to do it, like you did for me; if you think we can help these people out of this situation without much trouble, I will sleep better tonight not having to worry about some big crazy guy coming up here to kill us; while also helping a bunch of people. I know I would lose sleep knowing that we could have help them but didn’t and just let someone die.”

Anna smiled reassuringly at Lilian.

“But at the end of the day, this is your decision, since you are the one that will be fighting the warmonger. So don’t do this because I asked you too; in fact, don’t think of this as me asking you to do it: because I am scared of you getting hurt.” Anna put her arms around Lilian’s neck while staring deep into her purple eyes. “Whatever you choose, I am with you. One-hundred percent of the way.” Anna told her resolutely.

Lilian stared deep into emerald eyes as she fell deeper in love with her Ashu’Rágé for her words of encouragement and resolute conviction in Lilian.

Lilian leaned forward to kiss her love on her luscious lips, closing her eyes just to bask in this moment with her. Their heads turned opposite of each other to form a seal with the other. They kissed for no other reason than to share their love with one another as they connected with themselves on a deeper plane then just physical.

After a minute they pulled apart to stare into each’s eyes once again.

Then Lilian nodded her head.

“If it will not only please you love, but also put your mind at ease, I will do this. Not for the Shaman, not for this bratty cousin of mine, not even for the innocent people. But for you.” Lilian told her with a smile.

Ehh… good enough I suppose. Anna thought.

They turned back to two dark colored faces of the two Mokra’Torc gack’tugs they had left sitting there.

One looked angry with a scowl and gritted teeth. The other looked like he was about to burst and join their friend on the floor.

Lilian gave a sigh before speaking.

“Alright cousin, you win. I will come down the mountain to take care of your problems for you.”

Voltarian inhaled deeply looking satisfied for the first time to Anna since he tried her gawanta stroganoff.

“Good!” He announced as he stood from his chair. “Then we need to make haste and leave at once! We are suppose to return before sunrise the day after tomorrow.” He told them. “And bring your father’s blade. Krak’Nathal was explicit on her wanting to see it: I can only assume he wants to kill you and take it as his own.”

“Ah! Is that why you kept talking about that?” Lilian asked him.

“Yes! My father made a convincing argument to Krak’Nathal that you still held Tyronious’s Wrath, so that was part of the bait used to buy us time for us to retrieve you.”

“Ah! Well…” Lilian looked to Anna with an awkward expression that matched Anna’s own. “… This is awkward…”

“What do you mean?”

“… You promised him something I do not have anymore…”

““WHAT?!”” The other Mokra’Torcs shouted in unison.

                                                                 

————————————————-

                                                               

The group of five were walking along the path towards the slope down the mountain.

“I still can’t believe you traded such a legendary weapon away! Just for a measly potion of regeneration! Most would do the opposite just to have a chance to wield that blade you realize!” Voltarian continued to lecture his cousin as they walked along the path.

“I know Volt, I heard you the first, third, and eighth time.”

“Then let me tell you again! How can you be so stupid! All for a leg?! You traded the a weapon made from skull of the last dragon?! What were you thinking!”

Anna watched from behind the two out in-front bickering as they walked the path.

Ever since Lilian announced she had traded her father’s blade, Voltarian had done nothing but lecture her ever since and after they left.

Anna was hanging back from them as they led the way forward. One Mokra’Torc, the one that had fainted earlier was behind her, with the other one next to them.

Anna thought back on right after Lilian had agreed to go.

                                                

                   

“Umm… Lilian? Can I come this time?”

“What?! No! It will be to dangerous! And I am not even referring to what I am doing! If you go into any Mokra’Torc village! They will try attacking you on sight! Simply for just being human Anna!”

“If I wear a hood and cover my face just like before, I shouldn’t be in to much danger!”

“Absolutely not! The last thing I need is for you to come and be discovered and attacked by clan Dracogusse!”

“But I don’t just want to live trapped up here for the rest of my life!” Anna pleaded.

Lilian’s expression looked hurt.

“What?!…”

“Lilian, listen. I love you. More than I have anyone else in… well? Both worlds I have been on.” Anna reached up and caressed the side of Lilian’s face. Making her make those cute animal whimpers she occasionally does.

This brought a smile to Anna’s face.

“And I love our home and love living here with you… But I also want to go and talk with other people, see sights. I want to learn more about the people you came from, more of this world. And I am also dreadfully worried about this fight! I know you can handle yourself. But I don’t want to not be there in case something happens; I want to be there to cheer you on.” Anna leaned planting a kiss on Lilian’s cheek.

“And lastly,I want to go and meet this Shaman of this clan, he was the one who made that potion that you got that healed me, right?”

“Yes, Old man Tharhym did.”

Anna saw that Voltarian was about to out burst at what she had just called the Shaman, which made Anna giggle.

“Then I wish to thank meet him to thank him personally for giving you that potion.”

Anna stepped up and place both hands at Lilian’s shoulders, while staring up at Lilian’s face intently.

“Please let me come?!”

Lilian was looking down at her with a troubled expression. She then tilted her head back as her face turned into exasperation.

“*RRRGGGAAAAaaaaaa…*” Lilian growled in frustration. Then her head snapped up while looking towards the three other Mokra’Torcs. “You two!” She shouted while pointing at Far’Hiram and Seksist.

“”YES MA’AM!”” The stood at attention just from her sheer commanding presence.

They cursed at themselves internally for being so scared of a lowly halfbreed.

“You two will be in charge of guarding my Ashu’Rágé, if even a single hair on her head is damaged I will kill the both of you and your families!”

They both gulped at this.

“”Yes ma’am……”” They said in unison again, as their training dictated.

But Far’Hiram couldn’t help himself to ask.

“Y-You know who our families are?” He asked her cautiously.

She shook her head.

“No. But I will find them eventually.”

This caused him to gulp again.

                         

                                                                                              

Anna expression was complicated to say the least as she came back to herself in the present.

On the one hand, she loved that Lilian who was so protective of her, it made her feel good. But she also didn’t like how she treated other, even if it was for Anna’s sake.

They had been moving along the pathway steadily towards the slope that would lead them to the village.

“And another thing!—“

*SMACK*

Anna had just looked back up in time to literally see Lilian smack Voltarian across his face into the side of the mountain, where he had his hands pressed up against the wall from staggering into from being smacked so hard.

“SHUT UP! For Mother Rayala’s sake, you are giving me a headache. Just shut up until we reach the slope. That should be at least twenty minutes of peace.”

Anna winced at how Voltarian was rubbing his face.

She probably held back to… that is the worst part.

And true to Lilian’s word. They arrived about twenty minutes on the dot towards the slope.

More like a cliff!

It wasn’t a sheer drop down. It was more of a sixty-five degree slope.

But still pretty steep!

“Umm? How are we getting down?”

Both Lilian and Voltarian looked back at her with a curious expression before saying.

“”Climbing.”” They told her matter of factly.

“……..Great………” Anna said already tired before they bad really begun.

                      

————————————————-

                                                 

After about four hours of climbing. Mostly because it took Anna a longer time than the other to get down. But by the time they had gotten down to a gentler grade of slope, Anna was exhausted.

She was now riding piggy back on Lilian’s back as she held her on their way towards the village.

“Thank you again, and I am sorry you’re having to carry me.” Anna whispered to Lilian on the verge of falling asleep on her back.

Lilian couldn’t keep the smile off of her face as she felt the warmth of Anna seeping into her back. Anna’s words just caused her smile to widen and start to hurt.

“It is my pleasure to help you my Ashu’Rágé. You are as light as a feather. And if I am honest, I am selfishly enjoying you near me like this. If this world were not so dangerous, I would suggest carrying you like this always.”

Anna chortled softly at Lilian’s words.

“Such a silly romantic you are; and I know you really meant every word.” Anna squirmed on her back, trying to make herself get closer to Lilian than she already was.

“I did my love, and I really do.”

After about an hour later Lilian could see the village up ahead. There were four figures standing by the gates.

“Ah! It is Voltarian! I see you have brought the Demon with you.”

Why do I recognize that voice? Lilian thought.

“Far’Hiram, Seksist, welcome back as well” The guard greeted his fellow soldiers.

“But who is that on the Demon’s back? Are they injured?” He inquired.

“None of your business.” Lilian told the guard as the were just about eight meters a head of them.

“D-Demon! Despite your brazen behavior! It is my business! I am a guard of the Dracogusse village. We are not suppose to let in outsiders without the elders permission.”

Ah! I do know him.

“Aren’t you the guard the pissed his pants last we met?”

This caused a snicker to run through not only the other three guards next to him, but Far’Hiram as well.

“T-That is not because I fear you, you know! It was because of your blade! A blade with the power to rend and devour the soul is no laughing matter.” He looked curiously at her.

“In fact, I do not see the weapon on you? Did you leave it behind to carry this person?” He asked with a sneer.

“No, I decided not to bring it.” She opted to explain rather than say she traded it and get into another useless arguement.

“I see! So that is the case.” He stood firm in her way before saying. “Then I have to insist even more now that you are not to bring that person— AIEEE?!”

In one swift move, Lilian turned around and swept his legs out from under the guard with a kick. Before jumping up from her crouched position to knee him in his back. To which she moved right into a kick to his chest as she smacked him down to the ground of Rayala.

*AAAAUUUUCCCCKKKK!OOF!*

He groaned as he lay there with the Demon’s foot on his stomach. She looked to the other three guard.

“We don’t need your leader’s permission.”

They looked at each other and nodded. The one at the center, looked to her and spoke for their group.

“You don’t need our leader’s permission.”

“I can go about my business.”

“You can go about your business.”

“Carry on.”

“Carry on.”

After repeating her words back to her. She made a gesture towards their groaning fellow soldier on the ground.

“He will need a Shaman’s healing.” Then she strode into the village proper.

Voltarian just sighed before following behind her.

Far’Hiram laughed at the guard in the ground.

“When will you learn?!” He taunted with a laugh.

                            

————————————————-

                                        

After they enter the village, Lilian was escorted to a hut where Tharhym was at.

“Ah! You came, I was expecting you.”

Lilian rolled her eyes at his Shamanistic ways.

“Spare me. I am here, I came as promised. Now who do I have to kill to get this over with?”

Tharhym let out a chortle at her words.

“Eager aren’t we?” He then grew serious before continuing. “Your duel is tomorrow morning at dawn. You are expected to be there with Tyronious’s Wrath and duel Warchief Krak’Nathal without it.”

“Well that second part won’t be a problem, since I don’t have it anymore.”

“”WHAT?!” *COUGH* *COUGH*”

For the first time since entering in the room, she noticed her uncle laying on a cot with bandages and looking more than a little beat up.

“Hello there former chieftain. You are looking pretty beaten up there.” She quips.

Dracogrious gasps at her words.

“*COUGH* Former chieftain?! How dare!— *COUGH* *COUGH*”

Lilian shrugged at him as best she could while carrying a sleeping Anna on her back.

“From how I see it: you lost them just hours prier earlier today. Do you think that if you call upon a half-orc from the mountains to come fight your battles for you, that anyone within clan Dracogusse will wish to have you restored as chieftain?”

Dracogrious grit his teeth at this, not being able to refute her claims.

“Enough.” Tharhym stepped in to interrupt any further needless arguments. “Why do you not have your blade with you? Krak’Nathal is expecting it.”

“I traded it.”

“”YOU WHAT?!”” The two leaders exclaimed.

Voltarian sighed from slightly behind them.

“That is what I was saying to her.”

Tharhym look towards his son, but then his expression changed to confusion.

“What happened to your face?”

The whole right side of Voltarian’s face was an almost dark green shaded bruise in the shape of a handprint.

“……….I do not wish to say…………”

Tharhym raised an eyebrow towards Voltarian, before looking towards Lilian, who she raised an eyebrow towards him.

He looked at her stoic challenging face and then looked down and sighed.

“So why did you trade the most sacred weapon the Dracogusse clan has ever held?”

“Because my Ashu’Rágé here needed a troll’s rejuvenating elixir.

“You traded a weapon made from the skull of a dragon that rents souls from its victims?!— *COUGH* *COUGH* just for a silly potion?!” Dracogrious yells in outrage.

“My weapon, my choice. I found that my loves foot was more important then some weapon that belonged to my father.”

“You idiot child! You have doomed us all!” Dracogrious shouts before going into a coughing fit again. “That is possible the whole reason Krak’Nathal is even entertaining this farce of a challenge against you! You can’t— *COUGH* *COUGH* — You can’t beat him! He is to strong.”

“He is not stronger than me.”

“DAMN YOUR HUBRIS GIRL!— *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* — He will is not like some wild animal or beast you face in the mountains! And He is not an ogre that you can just slay with Tyronious’s Wrath. He is a trained soldier!— *COUGH* *COUGH*”

Lilian shrugged.

“All creatures are beasts. You just have to simply know how to capture or kill them.” The huntress told him.

“YOU ARE FOOL!— *COUGH* *COUGH* —You have no idea what you are up against!—“

“ENOUGH!” With a voice that cracked like thunder, Tharhym let out a shout to silence the bickering.

He looked towards Dracogrious first.

“Stop your cowardice prattling Dracogrious! She is not you! Nothing you say will scare her enough to make her run from this.”

He turned back towards Lilian who was sporting a smug face.

“Amd wipe that smile from your face child! He is right about one thing! Krak’Nathal is a trained warrior that has won forty seven consecutive matches against highly trained chieftains. He has a standing army of over a two-hundred and fifty-thousand soldiers, along with huntresses and hunters, and several Shamans… if he were to decide that we deceived him. He may very well attack us tomorrow morning instead of accepting the duel with you.” Tharhym told her.

Lilian thought about this for a while moment before she spoke.

“Do you have bones and a forge currently running?”

Tharhym looked at her in confusion.

“We do of course, we have plenty of mammoth and Gracolisks bones scattered about that we use for paste and glue.”

“Good. Then all we need to do is make another Tyronious’s wrath.”

“”Huh?!””

                                  

—————————————————-

                                                       

After discussing her plan and what they would do about tomorrow, Lilian was lead away from the hut by Far’Hiram and Seksist towards a hut her and Anna would be staying for the night.

Lilian gently placed Anna down on a fur bed the. Stripped her and herself before crawling in next to her.

“Hmmm… Lilian?…” Anna called out sleepily.

“Shh… sleep love…” Lilian assured her. “It is time for us to sleep.”

And then the lovers held each other as they drifted to sleep.

                                               

——————————————————

                                         

All to quickly, morning came. Anna was with Lilian in the hut preparing with her and getting dressed.

They were brought a light meal to stem the morning hunger.

“So? Tell me honestly? How are you feeling? How confident are you to win?” Anna asked her for the first time since they left.

“………………” Lilian was quiet as she was focusing putting on her armaments and vestments. “I think if this supposed Warchief is even half of what he boasts, then I might be in trouble. Despite everything my Ashu’Rágé, I am not a fighter. I am a huntress. I kill and take down wild beasts, not men. While I have fought my fair share of men, Mokra’Torcs, trolls, a few human bandits here and there… This might be tough, even for me.” But despite what she was saying, there was a subtle smile on her lips that did not escape Anna.

“So then why are you so excited?”

Lilian turned towards Anna with an expression that Anna interpreted as nervous.

“Anna… I see… an opportunity before me, and as my Ashu’Rágé, I ask that you trust and forgive me.”

“What do you mean?!” Anna asked her nervously, not really understanding why Lilian was saying what she was saying.

“It would be a long explanation. It goes into Mokra’Torc customs… but I just beg for your understanding when the time comes… that you trust me on this one. I have never, ever thought I would be presented an opportunity like this in all my life. And now that it is here, I do not wish to miss this chance.”

Lilian was being vague on purpose, Anna knew it, and she knew Lilian was doing it on purpose.

But Anna just let out a sigh instead of arguing.

“Just promise me you’ll win and come back to me whole.” Anna asked with tears pooling in her eyes. “I can’t lose you! *HIC* I can’t!”

Lilian reached over and pulled Anna into a hug.

“Trust me my Ashu’Rágé, by the end of this day. We will be cheered with glory.” Lilian assured her beloved.

After their talk, they made their way from the hut, towards the fields at the front of the village entrance.

Anna had never seen so many people people in all of her life.

Even back on earth, I only attended time square once for the ball drop. And never again! Way to many people for me! And this is was just like that! Maybe more!

They were left a path towards the front, Far’Hiram and Seksist right behind them.

Anna looked up past Lilian and gasped a little.

There next to Voltarian was a burly man who had white hair in dreadlocks that stretched down towards his back.

Is strangely sky blue eyes made a nice contrast to his otherwise dark greenish muddy brown skin.

But what she gasped at was the amount of spirits flowing around him. She could even sense Agra’Yala somewhere nearby.

“What is wrong?” Lilian asked her.

“O-Oh nothing! Just… Wow there sure are a lot of Mokra’Torcs here today!” Anna thought quickly.

Lilian gave Anna a reassuring smile.

“Do not fear my love. No harm will come to you.”

Anna was thankful that Lilian misinterpreted her nervousness for anxiety. She threw Lilian a smile of her own past her wrapped bandages face.

“I fear nothing as long as I am with you my Ashu’Rágé.” Anna told her.

The smile she received from Lilian just than was brighter than the cloud covered sun that was shining down on them.

The day was over cast with a slightly strong wind that day that was blowing towards the fields from the mountains at their backs.

“Good morning Huntress.” The old man greeted as Anna and Lilian approached. He gave her a reassuring smile. “Is this the human that was sleeping on your back yesterday?”

Both Lilian and Anna stiffened in place as he said this.

He gave a wary chuckle towards them.

“Worry not young ones, you will find I am slightly more tolerant that my son is of humans.” The old man assured.

Lilian stared daggers at Voltarian, who had his hands up in a “it wasn’t me!” motion.

“Do you really think things like this escape a true Shaman?” The old man replied.

Voltarian winced as he heard this.

Anna looked at his smiling face. She smiled to before she stepped forward.

“Greetings Shaman, I am Anna. I selfishly asked my Ashu’Rágé to bring me here to meet the one who made me that potion that cured me.”

“Ah! How polite! I hope your manners rub off onto your mate eventually so that she will stop being a sullen woman who acts five times her age.” He teased.

This caused Lilian to roll her eyes again and Anna to giggle.

“I hope so as well. But she is a work in progress.” She told him.

This in turned made the old Shaman to let out a bark of a laugh.

“Oh I like this one! You found a good mate here Lilian.” He said to her.

She grumbled something under her breath, her face going slightly dark from his scrutiny.

“Look,” Lilian finally told him after a second of mumbling. “I trust you to not endanger my Ashu’Rágé with spreading she is human, okay?!” Lilian said firmly towards, the old man.

He laughed at her firm warning.

“Of course! Who do you think I am? And beside, she will be by my side as we promised. There is no place safer than next to a shaman and I will take care of her as if she is one of my own.” The Shaman promised.

Lilian nodded.

“Good.” She looked down towards her Ashu’Rágé. “This is where we part my love. I will return shortly.”

Anna nodded to her with a smile.

“Kick his ass!”

“HAHAHAHA!”

They looking at the Shaman that hand his hand on a knee while he slapped his other one while laughing.

Anna like this man.

He was silly.

They looked back towards each other at the same time.

“I will my love. Wait for me.” She then leaned down and delivered a kiss to Anna’s lips, which cause a gasp and murmurs to form in the crowd around them.

But they ignored it in favor of just enjoying the feeling of one another.

After they parted, Lilian turned to walk towards the field where a very large Mokra’Torc was waiting next to a smaller figure.

As Anna stood there with her two guards, Voltarian and a Shaman as Lilian along with another Mokra’Torc carried a blade that looked like Lilian’s old blade.

“Do you guys just have those weapons lying around?” Anna asked the Shaman.

“HA! No! That was your loves idea. Since they are expecting the weapon, she thought to create a blade that looked similar.”

Anna looked at him nervously.

“Will that fool them?” Anna worried.

“Should. They don’t know what the blade looked like before.”

Anna thought on this before just turning back to watch her love walking towards her opponent.

Tharhym looked down at the dressed up and bandaged human disguising herself as injured. Her expression clearly frightful and nervous.

“Have no fear child, the spirits and Mother Rayala are with her this day.” He said to assure her.

Which they were he had not seen such a gathering of spirits out and about this day in quite some time.

The human child Anna just nodded her head.

“I know…”

This made the Shaman’s heart skip a beat.

Did she just agree with me? Was that accident?

“The wind is at her back, the sun is not shining down in her face because of the over cast sky, she slept well: I trust that she is in her best shape she could be.” Anna spoke unwaveringly.

Ah! So she can read the weather. That is what she meant.

Anna looked like she had more to say though.

“≈You may tell him my child.≈” Agra’Yala whispered into Anna’s ear.

“And…”

“Hmm?…”

“And… Agra’Yala told me she would be fine.”

              

             

Tharhym’s hands shook.

His whole body was trembling.

He felt as if the very ground was shaking beneath his feet.

He had seen the spirit of the Planet Mother brush past Anna’s shoulder, but thought nothing of it.

“W-What did you say child?” Tharhym asked her in an astounded whisper. His eyes never leaving her face.

Anna nervously looked up at him.

“A-Agra’Yala told me she would be fine. That she was assured Lilian would win. She-… She told me as much this morning.”

He looked at her with a blurry vision.

Was this truly it Mother Agra’Yala?! Was this the one?

“And who is this Agra’Yala you speak of young one?” He asked her with a voice full of emotions.

Anna looked at him incredulously.

“She is… She is my new planet I stand on, my new home, and my adoptive mother.”

A large smile broke out across Tharhym face before he threw his head back to laugh.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahaha! *GASP* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha!”

Everyone was startled at the loud rancorous laughter coming from Tharhym.

Even Lilian and Dracogrious who were far off, turned back to look at what was causing the Shaman to laugh so hard.

After laughing for a while, he calmed down and placed his large hand on to Anna’s back.

“Dear child, I promised your mate that I would take care of you as one of my own: but apparently I promised more than what my intentions were.”

He smiled happily down at his future disciple.

“I wish to make you an offer child, how would you like to learn the ways of Shamanism?” Tharhym offered Anna.

“R-Really?!” Anna asked him in disbelief.

He nodded at her.

“Of course child. I will teach you how to discern the spirits, teach you how to wield there powers properly, and show you how to listen to the ancestors. And in turned you will become my sole student.” He assured her.

“Oh my God! Thank you!” Anna was so excited that she threw herself at him and gave him a large hug around his barrel chest. Her arms not even reaching all the way around him. “This is the second best day of my life!”

“Second best?” He asked her as he patted her back.

“No offense, but neither you nor Agra’Yala top Lilian admitting she loves me back, and nothing ever will.”

This caused both Tharhym and Agra’Yala to let out a chuckle.

The spirits around them grew restless with glee.

Voltarian who was standing just a ways away saw all this commotion and wondered what was happening.

He was disgusted with his father that he was comforting that halfbreed’s sex slave.

She doesn’t deserve

He shook his head at the thought.

None of my business.

Lilian for her part wasn’t watching this. After looking back to see why Tharhym was laughing. She shrugged to herself, she was just happy they seemed to be getting along.

At least I know now he will protect her.

She focused on the large ogre of a Mokra’Torc.

Hmm… maybe it will be just that easy.

Lilian smiled to herself as she stepped in-front of him.

“Ah! The bastard halfbreed spawn of the third most famous chieftain in Mokra’Torc history.” He looked from her towards the legendary blade. “I see you brought it.” He lifted his hand towards her. “I will make you a deal. Hand the blade over to me and kill this person carrying it. And I will show mercy on your clan and make you make person General.”

Lilian gave him a bored look after he made his offer.

“*SNORT* —*PHFFT!*” Lilian spit in his face.

The field was silent as Lilian’s spit dripped off Krak’Nathal’s face.

“And there is my counter offer. I will walk way this day, carrying your head.”

        

          

Krak’Nathal was breathing heavily. His face was completely flushed.

The Mokra’Torc next to Krak’Nathal looked at Lilian before telling her.

“You must have a death wish child.” He slowly then started to back away.

Krak’Nathal hefted his axe over his shoulders.

DDDDIIIIIIEEEEEE!”

*AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

*KABOOM*

16