Arrival at The Thunder Clouds Sect
1.9k 5 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thunder Clouds Sect - Sect Entrance

"My Prince, Elder Zeng, we humbly welcome you to our sect. " The Sect Master, Xue Fuyi, spoke with cupped hands and bowing low enough that it wouldn't be disrespectful but still high enough that his pride wouldn't suffer.

But in his heart, he knew that if they felt offended, he would have to bow lower or even kowtow if necessary. Those two had enough influence to utterly erase his sect, and in case of the latter, had the strength to do it. Of course, he didn't ignore the silver warriors behind them.

Elder Zeng nodded his head at Xue Fuyi, barely even acknowledging him, not that was much of a surprise Elder Zeng is one of the foremost experts of the Sacred Heaven Empire having the ear of the Emperor himself, to him Xue Fuyi was truly nothing special. "I have some matters in need of attention concerning your sect" Xue Fuyi would deny it to his dying breath, but at that moment, it truly felt like he had an executioner's ax above his head "But that shall be resolved tonight, it has been a long journey for both me and the prince, so I assume our quarters are already prepared?"

"Yes Elder Zeng, though they are not on the level of the capital I hope that they shall meet your expectations" Elder Zeng nodded at him "Lead the way them"

"Of course this way please," Xue Fuyi said, never taking his eyes off the two and their entourage as he assigned a servant to lead them to their quarters, his attention was focused on the Ninth Prince, at the start to finish he had never spoken a single word, at first he thought it was simply shyness, but analyzing further he found it was the contrary.

He possessed the eyes of someone who didn't need to flaunter his superiority over them because he knew how superior he was to them, and that intrigued him, he had expected the prince to be a royal brat like the Fifth Prince was known as.

He was quite surprised that he was more like what one would expect from a prince of the capital, definitely arrogant, but without the need to flaunter his power, be it political or physical.

He felt assured that he was right that his son, the number one genius of the Thunder Clouds Sect, Xue Tengfei must befriend the prince, for he will surely arrive at higher places, but for now, he has to deal with other problems, as he felt the stares of the Elders.


Feng Cai was pretty nervous, this was his first time visiting a place that wasn't either the palace or a part of the capital, but a completely new location, with new people, of course, he had become quite a good actor, and making that aura that a young master had on all of those novels was easy, he just had to look confident enough and everyone believed. 

Their way towards their quarters drew more attention. Disciples of the sect were all staring at them with wide eyes, with their eyes of the female disciples being centered at yours truly. Some even showed massive blushes on their faces. Feng Cai felt no small amount of pride.

After all, he knew he was immensely beautiful, his albino looks came from his mother the Heavenly Empress, who is the number one beauty of the Sacred Heaven Empire, she had many suitors in the past thanks to her beauty, and his father had been the one who had finally won her over in the end. Remembering those two love birds recounting how they fell for each for the 20000th time made him nearly flinch.

Fortunately, they seemed to have finally arrived in their residence during their stay in the sect; it was... average, he supposed, he didn't expect them to have the same level of wealth as the one that he had in the capital. It was that he simply accustomed to how his life was back home. Still, it wasn't unimpressive. He was sure that they had done their best.

He didn't waste time sitting down in one armchair, which again, while not at the level of the capital, was still comfortable enough.

"Now my prince, as you take part in the feast, you must remember your manners," Elder Zeng spoke out while drinking tea that he got from somewhere "You must not embarrass yourself or the royal family" Feng Cai simply nodded, this wasn't the first time he had heard this kind of talk.

"You also must be careful around there, as a prince you carry much political weight, so they will inevitably try to approach you to gain your trust, to advance their agendas,"

He nodded, it didn't matter which world it was politics would always be a problem "So I shall name the players that will try to 'befriend you', the first and most obvious one is going to be the sect master son Xue Tengfei, he has a minor talent by our stands but is the most promising disciple of the sect, so they keep an eye over him, strangely enough, he had a sudden change of attitude recently, and is partly the reason the Thunder Clouds Sect has risen to become a Third-rate power, apart from him there are many other disciples..." Feng Cai filtered out the remaining of Elder Zeng explanations, while the characteristics of the sect master son sent alarm bells in his head he wait for a little more before making his decision on whether this Xue Tengfei was truly a protagonist or simply another threat that they would face.

"... You don't have to worry about the elders and the sect master since they will be too busy hounding me to bother with you," Elder Zeng stopped to think a little before saying "Keep the Silver Tigers with you at all moments, I have sensed that they have activated their defense formation, and while both myself and the legionnaires can easily endure it, I can't say the same for you,," Even with his low cultivation Feng Cai could sense all the Silver Warriors murderous aura, and that both reassured and terrified him, at least he was safe if the Thunder Clouds Sect become hostile.

"Would they attack us?" Feng Cai had to ask. He knew that the thing called common sense was in short supply in all of those stories he used to read, but that sure wouldn't be the case in here, right?

"There is always the chance, vassals have rebelled for much less," Elder Zeng spoke in a knowing tone as if he had lived through such an event, and he had, the year of a billion rebellions was still very famous, including the following massacre that happened to all the rebels.

"Ah I almost forgot, there is the chance that a rather interesting girl will try to approach you, she is a one in a billion and not positively, she is one of those rare few that suffer from Qi deviation since their birth, which caused the death of her mother, thanks to her unique condition she cannot advance much in her cultivation, and while there are methods available to cure her condition there have been no efforts to do so," Elder Zeng had a soft look in his eyes if Feng Cai remembered correctly didn't his wife suffer from a similar condition before he helped her? Moreover, her story, it eerily resembled that of a protagonist "She is the only daughter, and second child, of the sect master, Xue Lihua,"

Now, Feng Cai felt that if she wasn't the protagonist, then she was going to be a loved one, because holy shit was her life miserable if the tropes are being followed now, then both her brother and father hate her, she is bullied by her fellow disciples, and constantly being put down by her sect, his heart truly went out for her.

'Maybe I should help her' He thought 'Wait let's not make hasty decisions, I first need to see how she acts after all she could either be a bitch or a decent human being... by the stands of this world at least' He nodded, deciding, who knows maybe this feast will be interesting as all those Xianxia feasts are.

Someone is getting humiliated next chapter. As it is a Xianxia feast after all.

48