Hidden Plots & Consequences
1.4k 14 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bai Clan Clangrounds - Sacred Heaven Immortal World

Feng Wei wanted to burn everything around him but knew that if he did that, then he would suffer an 'unfortunate accident' that would leave him hovering between life and death at the very least. Everyone around him were his enemies, even the servants, for he knew that they were not only watching him and reporting his every action to his grandfather, who had assigned many Nascent Soul, and even one Transcendent Mortality Sage, to 'protect' him.

The worst part was that he could do nothing about it even as he wanted to. His cultivation had barely advanced after the duel that he had with Feng Cai. Just thinking about the white-haired brat made him want to murder quite the few people, for he knew that the brat was the exact reason that his cultivation was moving at a glacial speed while before it moved like lighting.

For, as much as he pained to admit it, after the duel a Heart Devil took root inside him. It was already there before, thanks to his defeat at the hands of Feng Tian, that was the first time he ever tasted the bitter pill of true defeat and failure, the kind and warm words of Shuchun helped lesser the taste but he knew that it was not enough, for he had formed a heart demon. It wasn't something that had really affected him and he was sure that in a few years he would get rid of it.

Then he lost the duel against Feng Cai.

Truly it wasn't the fact that he lost to someone at a higher cultivation base, the same thing had happened with Feng Tian and while after that he had felt the starting of the creation of a Heart Devil, he knew that after a few years he wouldn't need to worry about it anymore but with Feng Cai it was different for two simple facts; it was both the fact that he lost against a literal child and that said child advanced faster than him. And he knew the reason the brat could advance so fast.

He clenched his fist as the familiar feeling of jealousy appeared in his heart, granting his Heart Devil plenty of food to grow. All knew that Feng Cai was the favourite son of the Heavenly Emperor, thanks to being the son of the Empress, while Feng Wei and the rest of the princes were all born from the Emperor's concubines. His father barely spent time with him, and every single time it was the same stony face and tone, he never saw a hint of warmth in his face when he looked at him.

But with Feng Cai? It was like he was a divine messenger sent by the gods. His Father showered him with praise and gifts, even ordering members of one of the two Imperial Legions to guard him. And was not only him but also every single member of the Academy Elders, from the Outer to the Core, and even Grand, all sang praises of him.

It all made Feng Wei angry. Did he not prove himself many times? Did he not slaughter many of his enemies with ease? He was the only one to have successfully cultivated the All-Consuming Fire Scripture. Which none of the current members of the Bai Clan could do so, so why?

But even then, his efforts were never truly appreciated, only shunned, and for what because he killed a few weaklings? They would never amount to anything, and yet he was still shunned by everyone. Well, all except one. His heart started beating faster as he remembered the face of the woman that had grasped his mind and heart so hard that he would do anything to her.

Blonde locks that shined like the sun itself, azure eyes that seemed more like oceans that one could easily be lost in, and a face that could produce a smile that could charm even the most infernal of beings. Peng Shuchun is perfect in every sense of the word, a beautiful flower that seemingly fell down from the God Realm into the world of Mortals and Immortals. But many did not see that. In fact, they said that his precious woman was a slut and someone that only had average talent and would remain stuck forever in Nascent Soul at best or even lower realms at worst.

Initially, he hadn't known of that, but when Peng Shuchun had come to him crying about what the other disciples had been talking about her, he had immediately taken action. After he was done, no one ever bothered with her again, for they feared his righteous fury descending upon them.

Which earned him a few rewards.

His cheeks turned pink as he remembered the various rewards that Peng Shuchun gave him after he dealt with anyone that returned her or gave her some of his cultivation resources. It really was a shame that he could not see her for a long time, and all because of a single mistake on his part (not that he considered his actions mistakes anyway).

It was so unfair! Especially since he knew that the brat was never punished, not even with a grounding in his home to think of his actions. His father would never allow it, and the Academy would always bend over to his whims. Especially since he was sent to the Earth Sealing Gorge, while Feng Cai, again, did not receive any sort of punishment.

"It is so unfair," Feng Wei whispered, his words laced with pure hatred and resentment.

"If you find unfair, why do you sulk instead of trying to improve your situation and gain your vengeance?" A voice that came out of seemingly nowhere and everywhere asked him, causing Feng Wei to grow cautious.

"Who are you?!" He shouted, bringing out his flames ready to attack the intruder who he knew was not part of the retinue that his grandfather had ordered to 'protect' him, mainly from himself, his words not his.

"A potential friend of yours, if you accept my proposal," The voice said, earning his curiosity.

"What proposal?" Feng Wei asked as he lowered his hands the flames still present just in case.

"Something that will greatly benefit you, and if you are asking on how it will? Well, not only will I teach you how to get rid of that pesky Heart Devil of yours, but I will also teach you how to turn it into strength," The voice explained, causing Feng Wei's eyes to go wide.

If before the strange voice had his curiosity now, it had his full attention, not only because of what it promised but also because he now correctly assumed that the intruder was a member of a demon sect, and a particularly powerful one at that, given that fact that they could enter the clan grounds of one of the founder clans of the Sacred Heaven Empire without being detected.

This also meant that if he accepted the proposal given by the clear emissary of the Demon Sect, then it was without a shadow of a doubt that he knew that if he was discovered then his life was forfeit, there was nothing anyone could do to stop his eventual execution. So with that in mind could he really do this? Feng Wei was, without a doubt, a dangerous man, but members of Demon Sects surpassed him in savagery and cruelty by several thousand Li's[1].

The young man was filled with doubt at that critical moment, then he remembered the humiliations that he had suffered at the hands of Feng Tian and Feng Cai, at the hands of his own mother and maternal clan, and his heart was filled with incredible rage.

"Teach me" Feng Wei said-no, he ordered, for he would have his revenge against all those that wronged him. No matter what new lows he would have to descend to.

No matter what.


Thunder God God-Kin Headquarters - Council Chambers

"Shen Meixiu, explain yourself you never told us that you had a daughter," An Elder said to the ruling Matriarch of their clan. Murmuring was heard all across the chamber.

If one was there, they would notice two things. One was the fact that every single person in the room had golden eyes, and two that they were all inhumanely beautiful to where they would slowly start to get disturbing to those that continued to look at them, for they would notice that such beauty could never come from a mortal or even an immortal for that matter. 

We could say the figure that sat on a throne of gold high above the gathered Elders below to be the epitome of such thoughts. Long red hair that seemed to crackle with hidden electricity, a piercing golden stare, and a body that would have inspired lust even in the most chaste of individuals.

This was Shen Meixiu, the leader of the Thunder God clan of God-Kin, and now she was facing a particular dilemma. She never actually expected for the seal that had contained her estranged daughter, God Ki that she had gained thanks to, well, being her daughter. Though. That was not the case with her son or rather Xue Tengfei.

She mentally sighed as she remembered how both him and his father acted towards her daughter. Which truthfully was shameful, and made her think about taking her daughter with her to her true home more than once. But Shen Meixiu knew that action would never work out as her clan cared far too much for the purity of their blood to ever accept her daughter.

Merely the fact that she came from outside the God Realm would have made so that she would face constant assassination attempts, and even Shen Meixiu position which she had only gained recently would not have been enough to protect her from the hateful gazes and hidden blades of her own clan.

"Shen Meixiu, explain yourself! Why there is a name below yours in the Golden Obelisk although you never married!" The same Elder as before nearly shouted at his Clan Leader.

The Golden Obelisk was exactly what it said on the thin, a massive, immobile three faced obelisk that showed the names of all members of the Thunder God Clan of God-Kin. It was the last gift that they received from the God Realm. When a member of their clan gives birth to a son or a daughter, their name would appear directly below the names of both the mother and the father.

Which is how the entire Thunder God Clan of God-Kin discovered that their current Matriarch had a daughter, although to their knowledge Shen Meixiu had never married or even had relations with someone. The fact that a name appeared right below her own, and that the name of the father was unknown, meant one thing: Shen Meixiu had relations with someone outside their clan, a fact that disgusted many of her clan.

They had wanted her to marry her cousin, but she didn't, not that the concept of incest disturbed her. It was that she just didn't find him attractive. Oh sure, he has the face of someone from the heavens, but his personality just wasn't something that could make him attractive to her.

"What matters if I have a daughter or not?" She finally spoke, her question causing the assembled Elders of her clan to do shout in indignation.

"Of course it matters! If our enemies got their hands on her, who knows what they will discover?!" An Elder shouted, causing many to nod their heads at his declaration. But his declaration only filled her with annoyance, because his oh-so-great logic missed something very important.

"That is irrelevant, because if I remembering things correctly, didn't several of our members disappear? I even remember that many of them were alive before they were reported missing. And our enemies have many of the corpses of cultivators that belonged to our clan as well, don't they?" Shen Meixiu asked the Elder, causing to sputter as he tried to find a way to correct this indignation. 'Any moment now' She thought with glee.

"Well, Matriarch, that was only because the Shadows didn't know what they were doing and-"

"WHAT?! How dare you!" An Elder which was the leader of the spies and assassins of her clan, said, fury and anger in his voice. "We tried all methods to find them!"

"Well, it seems that your everything was not enough, now was it?" The other Elder said, his mocking very clear. Shen Meixiu knew that like all Elders, they were not friends or acquaintances, or even temporary allies, in the courtly intrigue that composed her clan's politics, which was not very surprising as their own respective egos would balk at the thought.

"YOU-!" The leader was red faced, his own ethereal beauty turned away to reveal a rage filled demon. "I don't want to hear that from someone that lost an entire Spirit Stone mine to the Earth God Clan!"

'And there it is' Shen Meixiu thought with satisfaction as the two Elders and their respective political factions exchanged barbs with each other. Really, it was so easy doing this that Shen Meixiu was honestly disappointed in the Elders of her clan. 

Even through the fact that she knew that they were scheming behind her back to gain power for themselves made so that she would shed no tears if they all drop dead. She would drop tears of irritation through, because if, hypothetically speaking of course, they all died, she would have to pick all the work that should be theirs. And while yes, it would give her an enormous amount of power, both political and civical, within her clan, the headache that it would cause her just wasn't worth it.

There was also the fact that the old bastards were very good at their jobs, the best that her clan had in fact, thanks to their long lifetime making sure that they gained plenty of skill in their respective offices. So it will take more time than Shen Meixiu wanted to substitute them with new competent subordinates.

'Really, what I wouldn't give for a loyal, competent subordinate... especially if they were my type,' Shen Meixiu thought before sighing internally.

Being Matriarch to a clan of spoiled children was getting on her nerves faster than she predicated, she at least thought she would last for a few thousand years before the first signs of stress showed themselves. As she continued watching the growing commotion, waiting for her opportunity to enter the debate and finally get rid of the assembled Elders before she went to bed, a single thought entered her head. 

'I should really have a vacation'

1 ─ A Li is a Chinese unit of measurement, a single Li is the equivalent of 500 meters.

Sorry for the wait! Things were not doing for well for me IRL but now have returned to normal, I am working on the next chapter right now, through I don't promise that it will come out this week, and in it I will set up even more future plot lines.

30