Chapter 42 – Spar 2
2.7k 17 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd POV

Ayame rushed towards Asano and slashed downward. Asano unsheathed his sword and blocked Ayame's slash by slashing horizontally and deflect them.

Ayame stepped backward because she was not expecting the force behind Asano's slash. While Ayame tried to get her balance back, Asano stepped forward and swing his sword.

Ayame parried the slash with the sword on her left hand. But because of her bad position, Ayame can't fully block the blow and rolled backward to dodge it. After stopped, Ayame gets back up and readies her stance again.

"That was a great warm-up, Dad. Let's get serious now." Ayame said as the black mist came out from her sword and covering the clearing in a short time.

Asano turned wary because his vision was robbed by the black mist. He can't see Ayame's figure and only depend on his ear to know Ayame's position.

Suddenly, Asano saw a light from her right. He had a bad feeling about the luminous thing that got closer to him and evade it by stepping backward. As Asano stepped back, a fireball was exploding on Asano's previous position.

Asano looks around his surrounding, but is still blocked by the Black Mist released from Ayame's sword. He unsheathed his sword and crouched.

Ayame, that was disappeared in the black mist could see clearly what had happened. Either because the black mist was her sword's ability that she could see inside the black mist or because she is an Oni she doesn't know.

She saw Asano crouched and stay still, Ayame was curious about what her Dad would do. Is he going to send a flying slash, or will run towards the forest to avoid the black mist.

Ayame took one step towards Asano, at that moment Asano turned towards Ayame's direction and dashed. Asano unsheathed his sword and pointed its tip to Ayame. He dashed at an unbelievable speed and reached Ayame in a moment.

Ayame couldn't react immediately because she was not expecting him to dash towards her suddenly, she turned her body sideways but Asano's sword was connected and pierce her left shoulder.

"Guh!" Right when the sword pierced Ayame's shoulder, she kicked Asano. Asano evades her kick by jumping, but Ayame already expected this one. Ayame changed the grip on her right sword into backhanded and slashed Asano's left hand.

The slash connected and Asano's left hand was wounded. Asano pulled his sword and kicked Ayame's sword to jump backward.

"I can't evade it, I guess I get rusty." Asano said as he smiled. "You sure got strong Ayame, but if this is your limit then you can only win against All for One in your dream. Show me the extent of your strength Ayame!!" Shouted Asano.

"Ou! I will show you Dad!! Don't die on me!" Ayane grinned as flame appeared from the sword on her left hand enveloped the clearing that was previously covered in black mist.

The flame was circling the clearing making a ring of fire.  Ayame de-summoned her Odachi and gripped her Tachi with both hands. The flame condensed at her sword turning the previously bright orange flame into a blue flame.

Ayame dashed forward with both of her hands gripping the sword on top of her head. As Ayame reached Asano, she swung down her sword. The trail of flame was created, Asano seeing the slash stepped sideways and tried to block it by positioning his sword above his head.

The slash connected and Asano, can't handle the force behind Ayame's swing was down on his knees.

"Ooooohh!!" Ayame still exerting force to break Asano's defense, but suddenly Asano turned his sword tip to the ground. Ayame's slash was redirected to the ground because of it.

With the force behind her swing, Ayame can't stop the sword and hit the ground. Asano takes this chance to slash at Ayame, his sword slashed Ayame's shoulder causing blood to spurt.

Ayame didn't mind her injured shoulder, bounced off the ground, Ayame changed the sword's direction to an upward slash.

The slash managed to cut Asano's left hand off his arms and burn his clothes. Ayame jumped backward and de-summoned her sword.

"Dad!! Are you okay?" Ayame was worried about the fire that burns Asano's clothes and approached him.

"Don't worry, it's okay." Asano takes off his clothes using his right arm. His body could be seen suffered a burn from Ayame's flame and the blood flow out from his left arm that was cut by Ayame.

"No no no. Chisaki, Let's call him and Eri quickly!!" Ayame was panicked, because the spar was intense, at the middle of it she forgot about the spar and fight her Dad seriously.

"I bring him already!" Said Ayame's Mother, Nana as she came out from the forest with Overhaul.

Overhaul approached Asano and picked up the severed hand from the ground and attached it back. He uses his quirk and Asano's arm was back to normal.

Asano tried to move his hand back and forth. After moving it for a while, he nodded and smiled.

"Thank you Chisaki, it's back to normal."

Overhaul nodded and said. "It's no problem at all."

"Are you really okay Dad? I was a bit too much earlier."

"It's really okay Ayame. Is that your strongest attack? That was indeed strong." Said Asano.

"No, that was not it. If I use my strongest attack, I'm afraid you will die, Dad. I didn't summon that thing yet." Answered Ayame.

"Is that so, can you show it to me? You can destroy the forest if you want. Chisaki, can you use your quirk to put out the fire?"

"I can, I will do it now." Said Overhaul as he put his hand on the ground.

The ground started moving and turned over devouring the fire caused by Ayame earlier.

Ayame saw this and nodded.

"All right, please go behind me."

"Good luck, Ayame." Nana said as she went behind Ayame.

Asano and Overhaul followed Nana and went behind Ayame too.

"Ah, please go even further. You will get burned if you stood there." Ayame made a hand gesture to ask them to go even further from where they stood.

The 3 of them complied and back off until the edge of the clearing.

Seeing the three of them were far enough, Ayame summoned her sword, Kijinto Asura.

She unsheathed it and a flame appeared around her.

"Chisaki, you better keep this a secret. I will trust you because only you can fix the damage of the forest." Asano said sternly to Overhaul.

"Don't worry Nakiri-kumicho. I won't tell anyone about Ojou." Answered Overhaul.

They watched as the flame grew bigger and bigger enveloping Ayame.

"Let's Go, Asura!!"



Author Here~

There are 6 chapters of my new series 'The New Horizon' on my Patreon, the update is inconsistent until chapter 10 (But there will at least be 1 chapter/week at minimum)

Here's the cover of my new Series! The New Horizon!

Spoiler

Cover

Illustrator: Raven (Pixiv https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/40961809)

[collapse]

More than 21 Advanced chapters (For both of my works) Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works.

Thanks to the Executive :
- L1 Mainy

91