Chapter 2: Xenars
209 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Xenars

1 hour ago. Sector 15 station.

Adam and his friends got off the train and started to hang around the station to wait for their teacher.

"Adam, you sure it's okay to bring a teacher with us?"

"It's fine Jason. Mr. White isn't that uptight and is quite easygoing! He won't ruin the fun! Besides, it is also better to have an adult with us in case something happens."

"Well, if you say so."

Jason nodded in understanding.

Although it's relatively safe now, there are actually quite a few incidents happening lately.

There had been some reports of people going missing in the lower Sectors but all of it is simply brushed off by the authorities above.

As students in the lower Sectors, they are actually powerless in case something happens. People would only look if you have a strong background or not.

There were also some pretty girls in their group. It would be bad if someone takes interest in them and tries to assert their power. At least with an adult with them, they wouldn't need to fear much.

Well, there is still Adam here. His parents are quite well off so it should also be of help if needed.

"Hey, hey! Let's take a group picture!"

"Let's let's!"

The girls in the group started to pull out their phones and they began to take pictures as they waited.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang.

*BANG*BANG*BANG*

It wasn't the sound of a gunshot. Rather, it's the sound of several pod-like ships crashing into the Hub's wall near the station.

"What? What's happening!?"

"Oh my god! Those are ships!"

"Aliens!"

Everyone began to panic as they saw the pods sticking out of the wall open up and several blue-skinned men appeared holding weapons and wore armor.

The police officers present in the station quickly held their handguns as well and aimed at the aliens.

"Don't move!"

["Alright."]

*Bang*

"Kyaaaaa!"

A gunshot resounded and the police officer who shouted earlier fell to the ground. The girls who saw the scene instantly shrieked in fright.

The alien who shot the officer just now sneered.

["Humans. Always shouting not to move. How stupid."]

["Hahahahaha."]

The other aliens laughed as well and began to shoot at the other police officers.

The police officers snapped out of it and quickly ducked for cover while shooting back.

However, the weapons the aliens had were a grade better than the ones the officers were using. Their guns fired plasma rays that penetrated their covers, rendering them useless.

In no time at all, the officers at the scene were all dead.

Adam gritted his teeth and shielded his friends behind as they were ducked behind an artificial tree.

"D-don't panic! I'm sure someone will save us..."

"R-right..."

However, the aliens' next action shocked them!

The aliens started to attach something to the station pillars and after doing so, the alien leader nodded and spoke.

["Blow it."]

*BOOM*

They blew up the station!

The pillars exploded into numerous pieces and fell down, blocking all paths leading downward. As for the path leading up, the aliens threw a device that created an ice wall as it exploded above, blocking the path upward as well.

After doing so, the alien leader gestured something to the others who then began to scatter, grabbing everyone they see.

"N-nooo!"

["Kill everyone who resists!"]

*Bang!*Bang!*Bang!*

Just like that, everyone who tried to run away from them gets shot in the chest, creating a hole that one can see through in their hearts.

"N-noo...we're all gonna die..."

"Jason!"

Adam shouted at Jason who was starting to crumble into despair along with everyone else in their group.

"Calm down! Don't resist! Just...just endure it for now!"

"But we-"

"No buts! If you want to live, don't do anything stupid!"

Adam gritted his teeth as he tried to calm down his friends before they do something that would get them killed.

When an alien arrived towards them, they all followed obediently and were led to a large space near the station where all the other humans were placed.

After a while of gathering humans, they set up some sort of camera and began to broadcast to every screen and every phone in the Hub.

["Listen up, you pathetic humans."]

The alien leader scowled in front of the camera.

["This sector now belongs to us. Do not think of doing anything stupid, or the lives of all the humans here will all perish!"]

As if to make a point, the other aliens pointed their weapons at them, scaring the lot of them.

Once the broadcast ended, the alien leader turned to them.

["All of you listen up!"]

"H-hii-...!!!"

Some humans trembled when the alien leader raised his voice.

["You are our hostage now! Do not attempt to do anything more than what we tell you to do! Do you understand!?"]

They all nodded but no one spoke up.

["I SAID, DO YOU UNDERSTAND!!!???"]

"""Y-yes!"""

The alien leader snorted and turned to the other aliens.

["Find the artifact quickly! We don't want to stay here any longer!"]

["Yes sir!"]

The other aliens saluted by placing their left hand to their right shoulders and bowed slightly.

Adam heard their conversation and frowned.

'Artifact? What artifact are they looking for?'

He silently remembered this small piece of information in his heart as he waited patiently for an opportunity...although it was still unknown whether there will be one or not...

As the others began to scatter in the sector, a female alien appeared beside the alien leader.

["Sir, is there a reason to hurry? With the hostages here, those humans won't dare to do anything to us!"]

The alien leader growled unpleasantly.

["They better not. But it is better not to provoke them too much. Humans are known for their cunningness. They might just ignore the hostages and blow us all up!"]

["Hmph! This is why humans shouldn't exist!"]

To the Xenars, it is unthinkable of betraying their own kind.

On their planet Xenon, all Xenars lived in peace and harmony. Everyone was equal.

However, everything changed when humans appeared and declared war on their race.

The Xenars scattered in the universe and drifted from planet to planet.

Over time, they became a well-known pirate race which was dangerous and known to be heartless towards other races except their own.

To them, their racial connection was above anything. Even worldly desires.

They would never betray their own race no matter what.

That's why they were always able to be so well organized and a force to be reckoned with.

Due to this trait, they hated it when they saw other races fighting amongst themselves and they could never get along with other races.

The alien leader snorted and pulled out a communicator.

["Status report."]

["This is Group 1. No artifact found."]

["This is Group 2. None here too."]

["This is Group 4. We haven't located the artifact, sir!"]

["This is Group 5. Still searching."]

The alien leader frowned.

["Group 3, what's your status?"]

...

["Group 3, respond!"]

Just as the alien leader was about to speak again, a response finally returned to him.

["This is Group 3. No sign of the artifact here."]

The alien leader frowned and asked.

["Why did you respond late?"]

["There were some humans left who tried to resist. Don't worry, they've been eliminated."]

["...Hmph! Do not answer late again next time!"]

["Understood!"]

The female alien beside him asked.

["What's the matter?"]

["...It's nothing."]

The alien leader shook his head and no longer thought about it.

It was probably nothing.

Meanwhile, in the area where Group 3 was searching.

Several bodies could be found on the streets, spilling blue blood all over the place.

A man stood in the middle wearing a faceless mask and holding a communicator.

After responding to the call of the alien leader, he looked around him and made sure that everyone was dead.

His whole body flickered and began to turn invisible.

Soon, he was gone and left without a trace.

Only the bodies of aliens could be seen. Zero survivors.

13