Chapter 5. The Bluff
518 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After what seemed like a quarter span of a day, I heard approaching footsteps followed by the voice of Aram from the other side of the door.

“The guards tell me that you are fluent with our tongue.“ The voice spoke, more as a statement of fact than a question. 

So he wants to talk or gloat. Either is fine and I need information from him.

“You indeed know how to move your pieces. I give you credit for that.” I started. Time to prod him.

“However I would love to see you writhe and be humiliated at the hands of Merrick, I cannot be here to enjoy the scene.”

“So why are you here?”

“Oh not so fast. Do you know why they call Merrick the Hunting dog? He is Lord Korvanor’s most trusted aide. Let us say, Korvanor only uses him on occasions where swift and brutal solutions are needed. And he delivers it every time. “

“I thought you were your own man, Aram. But seems even you are just a bottom feeder in the food pyramid. So who ordered you to move? and more importantly, what do they have on you that you obey like a meek hound?”

“No one, I decide on my own. My talents are for those who I deem beneficial for me. “

That struck a nerve. I might be a captive but being a captive and being in control of a situation are two different things. Aram has now the false sense of being in control. Time to prod him further.

“ Not from where I see”, I said nonchalantly.

“Soon, the only thing you would be seeing is the noose, Dark Whore”, the last part was mentioned with a pronounced hissing sound. He is on the edge.

“I wonder how much the one who holds your leash paid for your so-called talents? Please, do not show your false dignity in front of me. You could never afford that Warhammer. ” I added a false mocking laugh to end and continued.

“You had to resort to waylaying goblins. You could never afford a tiefling master crafted Warhammer. So either you were loaned the Warhammer or you stole.”

Despite the thick door, I could hear him grinding his teeth on the other end. Now to get the information that I need.

“ You did steal it and that too from a woman. Not that one could expect much. You stooped low to robbing from Goblins. “

“I was my rightful earning “, He replied harshly. “That demon fornicating wench had no choice. It was mine“

Hearing him refer to her in that form fueled my rage further but I need to be in control. He has taken the bait. Now the game begins. I have to give him some information, assault his ego and watch him unwillingly reveal information to assert his dominance.

“Lies. You are not strong enough to take Lyria. She would have strung you like the helpless creature that you are.”

“Ah, so you netherworld wenches know each other. “ He said as if understanding some deep mystery and grasping the hidden meaning “and Lyria is her real name. Not that it matters to you since you are corpse on borrowed time. I did take the Warhammer after I had my way with her. She was helpless to deny me. “.

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. It took my years of willpower training to suppress my emotions.

Hearing my silence and heavy breathing from the other side, he continued, “I spread her thighs with this very hands and ploughed her like she ought to be done and she could only beg. After I was done with her, I had her body thrown in the ditches. Not even sure if she survived in the end or not. Then took my prize. I took everything from her and she could not deny it. The Warhammer was the only good thing from the whole ordeal. She wasn't even a good lay. “

He boasted further about his prowess but not that it matters to me.

In the end, I got the information that I needed.

Lyria is still alive and Aram is lying. He could have never separated her thighs. She is too strong. She would have crushed his hips with her powerful thighs. I know this for a fact since in a different time, I had spent many an intimate moment with my face buried between her thighs. The one broken wrist because she closed her thighs too hard while in the peaks of orgasm had a different tale to say. She always said that she had to exercise self-restraint to prevent hurting me. She enjoyed doing things to me rather than being taken care of. Something that created nifty foreplay situations for us since I am more used to taking an active role in bed.

She is alive and now I need to find her.

More questions.... It could have been a century and a few decades, how could she be still alive? and why does she use an Alias? and more importantly, why did she never sought me out?

But first I need to get out of my current predicament.

23