Scavenger Rudolf(Rudolf’s Side Chapter 2)
168 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Do you guys think that I should post more side chapters developing characters?
  • Yes Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No Votes: 2 33.3%
  • (In comment answers) Votes: 1 16.7%
Total voters: 6 · This poll was closed on Nov 20, 2021 08:46 PM.

Rudolf once more packed up the leftover Medium(Size)Salted Sardines back into the bag once they gained a full belly and an empty pot with nothing but the bones of 4(out of 12)Salted Sardines. Honestly, a Nice hearty meal got him in a good mood, so they began to get ready to go through the Scrapyard couple of blocks away to see if anything worth collecting or selling might be there today. They got their gloves on and began to walk/slightly speed walk their way to the location where they saw several more people walk towards and see Mumu apple disappear into the trash. 

Rudolf appeared behind the broken gates of one of the many scrapyards, and this one was a good spot since a flock of homeless people were digging through for anything that could help them live longer. Rudolf began humming a tune, and they found something suitable. It was a Medium Patched sack(E-) with a smile, putting it onto his back, and continued looking around through the trash while not knowing a guard was watching him in the distance with an intent of surprise attacking him. Meanwhile, other homeless people were not lucky to get anything good but still found old bottles or small chunks of scrap metal in their arms.

Rudolf, meanwhile, would continue digging through the trash find nothing so far, and as he searches, A small homeless girl would pat his back or shake him a little to try getting him to turn around. Rudolf turns around and smiles a little as he crouches down to the small girl's height. The Guard was hiding behind some trash, and of course, it was the same fat Guard who finally healed and is now forcing a homeless child to do something very illegal.

Rudolf(old man): Hello, young lass. What would you like help with the scrapyard you are currently in right now?

Half-Elf(Child): M-mister. Can you h-help me with Scavenge and teach me how to do it? I want to help my siblings, but I don't know how to scavenge through trash like them or you.

Rudolf(old man): Sure, I can teach you that little one. Now please listen closely and pay attention to what I say, ok.

He turned his back around and began showing them how to scavenge for items, throw old things away, and give out tips on bulking up on small items that can help make a copper coin or two. She would listen closely and leave once they learned how to Scavenge like their siblings, and they were happy and smiling as they left without doing what the Guard told them to do. Meanwhile, the Fat Guard walked over to the child to yell at them for not using the Knife, but before he could do anything. The Half-Elf girl would swift kick him in his groin before leaving to their family.

Rudolf would have collected 2 Copper Scrap metal(E-), Finger Beams for Dummies(E+), and a lucky score on getting a Back sack which was now replacing their stolen one, which had some important stuff in it. After an hour or whatever passed, Rudolf checked his status as A Status change could notice, and so he opened it.

Name: Rudolf
Level:1/5
Race: Human(Old)
Experience Bar:0/250
Status Effect: Old Bones(Permanent)
Height:6ft2
Age: 60 years old
Food Meter:78%
Water Meter:70%
Clean Meter:40%
Gender: Male
Strength:4.3
dexterity:3
Intelligence:11
Vitality:2.2
Wisdom:10
Charisma:10
Luck:1
HP:4.2/4.2(0.2 every 4 hours)
Sp:4.5/5(0.2 every 2 minute)
MP:4/4(0.1 per hour)
Skills: Infused RockLv1(lesser), Weak ThrowLv1(Lesser),ScavengeLv1(Lesser)
Passive: Oldman CharmsLv2

Scavenge(Lesser): Searching through trash for many hours has given you the skill Scavenge. With this, your eyes can detect tiny amounts of valuable items when looking through the trash piles or anywhere with trash. Each level allows you to see things of a small higher share of value. Also, a meager chance to find a glass bottle or dried-up food(E- Quality).

Rudolf smiles or grins as he now has a skill that does not involve throwing or draining everything he had to knock out that tub of Guard again. He finished with his scavenging and began to walk out of the Scrap Yard and head towards a friend named Valor Lionheart knew them well enough since he visits their shop a lot. After a lot of walking and resting to regain stamina, Rudolf finally arrived and entered the repair shop where a Unit of a Lion Beastkin was busy putting scrap metal into neat piles or rolls of them into wooden barrels.

Rudolf(Oldman): Hello Valor, I got some excellent scrap to sell and a book. I want you to appraise this book to see what I can use to sell it reasonably.

Valor got up and would take the book and began to appraise the item with her new skill named "Item Appraisal(Lesser), which was the next step to her gaining that class she had been working on getting. 

Name: Finger Beams for Dummies
Item rank: E+
Price: 10 copper coins
Barter item: Yes
Description: A not very well-known book teaches people the basics of finger beams' old and forgotten style, which can hurt their foes. This book is rare because people do not know how this style of magic works, so only a couple of them have been made. But despite it being rare, it was made by people who made techniques for people of the poor to defend themselves or the pacifist to gain power hidden within the book as self-defense.

Valor Lionheart: Ahh, you got yourself a lucky find there, Rudolf. I suggest you learn the things from this book as this might be a good way of self-defense and gaining some power while you are at it. 

Rudolf began to think and would accept the suggestion as this could be a good idea since he always gets winded or tired when using flat stones to knock out guards who harass his people. After more talking, He would take his three copper coins, the book and would wave goodbye before leaving the place holding the book and ready to get some sleep back into his home and sleep for the rest of the day. When he got back to the tent, he saw a small basket with two water skins(E+) and many berries and other bulk foods. Rudolf looked confused and would pick up a note after moving some stuff around and begin reading it. 

Note: Hello, kind sir. My family and brothers thanked you for helping me out, being nice to me, and teaching me stuff that helped me out on that day. My mother and father gave you some food and waterskins as a reward and for being an excellent person to several other people like us. from Cream(Half-Elf).

Rudolf smiled beamed as he puts the basket and himself into the tent before lying down on his bedroll and slowly falling asleep as his mood was more incredible than usual as good dreams and the day he had played over and over in his head.(Chapter end)

5