Chapter 88
1.8k 9 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Using my newly unlocked access of my [creation] ability, I recreated some delicious snacks from my previous world.

"Mmm... Mango cake! Macaroons... Chocolate!"

I was indulging myself quite a bit!

In this world, sweets weren't too popular and they were hard to come by. However, now that I could replicate anything I wished within my subspace, why wouldn't I treat myself to some nice things? I could live like a wealthy king and no one would complain about it. Furthermore, I couldn't overeat and get full because of my unique constitution. Health wasn't a concern either.

"Yep, this is the life!"

There I was, sitting in my living room, snacking away at all the sweets at my disposal without a care in the world. Creating things wasn't free, and required energy which was coming from |void|. Frankly, the energy generated wasn't great but enough to satisfy my cravings.

On the sides, I created a pen and paper to doodle around.

Several days passed.

A rumble rattled the house.

"Oh, Vorte is still fighting... But I really don't want to join the fight. I'm a peace lover, a pacifist! I'm not suited for combat. I'm a plant! Plants are only supposed to be laidback observers... Mm! I'm just a pretty decoration."

I doodled around and ate some more snacks.

A few hours passed.

"Ahhh I'm bored. I ate everything I wanted to eat. What to do now? Should I greet those visitors? Visitors or pests? How did I know there were more than one visitor? Huh... I guess I just know things. What to do! I'm stressed out now."

There were no video games or entertainments here in my subspace. Even if I could create them, they wouldn't be interesting because I would be the only player.

A few minutes passed.

"Maybe I should just leave them there. I have the mana with me anyway, and nothing's going to collapse. Yeah, let's go see how Smoothie is doing!" I happily clasped my hands together.

I tried to connect my subspace with the outside world.

[Unable to establish a connection.]

"Hmm? Come again?"

I tried again.

[Unable to establish a connection.]

"You're kidding me? I'm trapped in my own world? It's like I'm sealed... How am I supposed to see my cute Smoothie now? This isn't how things are supposed to go!"

After calming down and contemplating for a while, I let out an exasperated sigh, "I guess procrastination isn't going to get anywhere. I'll go meet with my guests, I suppose."

A side project was completed just before I left.

Underneath my house, on the other side of the flat plane, a new facility was created. Within it housed several new bodies for myself each suspended in liquid filled capsules. In the event I perished, my consciousness would be automatically transferred to one of these backup bodies.

"Perfectly perfect! Me, myself, and I. Alright, we're good to go!" My mind paused for a moment, "Ehh... Actually, I need more energy first. One can never be overly prepared!"

Thus, I took another few hours to gather as much energy using |void|. The passive energy generation wasn't that much for someone like me. Sure, the amount generated would be amazing if it was before I ascended into a celestial being, but now that I was a celestial being, I needed that much more because everyone else was just that much more powerful.

To speed up energy generation of |void|, I had to put in some effort into it. Using the principles taught by Vorte, I fueled it with my desires and intent to amplify the amount of energy it was generating.

Then, with that excess mana that normally wouldn't be fit inside my being's core, they were added into every fibre of this body just like how I strengthened myself using mana. Layers upon layers of thick mana was flowing through this body.

"Power! So much power! Yes! Wuahahaha...!" I laughed maniacally.

Success!

I was just pretending. It was just so unfortunate that no one was here to appreciate my professional acting skill.

Anyway, it was time for some after meal exercises, also known as taking out some trash.

I sipped my strawberry tea and chuckled, "Ehehe... "

Although I couldn't open a portal to the outside world, that didn't seem to stop me from opening a portal to my storage subspace.

This place was completely dark except three dots zipping around like some kind of air show. Of the three, I immediately recognized one of them.

The clashes were intense. With the flow of my time now synchronized with the flow of this subspace, explosions and shockwaves were echoing within.

Two enemies? What gives? I don't remember ticking off that many demons?

Both of them were demons, not surprisingly, but De Planck wasn't there.

[Level 32 Demon;
Species: Lo-Kazdour;
Physical: 210/245;
<Health: 210>
<Force: 354 (enhanced)>
<Speed: 166 (enhanced)>
Spiritual: 320/499;
<Mana: 320>
<Mass: 420 (enhanced)(augmented)>
<Luck: 130 (enhanced)>
Traits: Devious, Librarian, Arrogant, Chaos, Enhanced Physical, Enhanced Spiritual, Enhanced Resistances, Enhanced Senses, Immortality;
Abilities: Seeker of Knowledge, Forger;
Blessings: N/A;
Description: A type of demon that evolved from a mortal race.]

Within my subspace, I didn't have any restrictions with my ability to examine status from far away unlike the outside world.

I recognized one demon, Oortez, a low levelled demon or perhaps an underling of De Planck. His general status hadn't changed from before as far as I was aware. And for some unknown reason, he didn't have the [evil eyes] ability.

Just looking at his stats, they weren't that high and yet he had higher level than either Vorte and me. The only conclusion I could come up with was that he was weak and unfit for combat! Seriously though, for Vorte to go one versus two said quite a lot about this bunch of demons.

Wait, how come I don't have |immortality|? I should be immortal though? Is it something different? Something's fishy about that trait.

I also checked the other demon's status.

[Level 49 Demon;
Species: Jud-Khalifus;
Physical: 420/780;
<Health: 420>
<Force: 821 (enhanced)(augmented)>
<Speed: 210 (enhanced)>
Spiritual: 130/320;
<Mana: 130>
<Mass: 214 (enhanced)(augmented)>
<Luck: 87 (enhanced)>
Traits: Devious, Exterminator, Cursed One, Tormentor, Chaos, Enhanced Physical, Enhanced Spiritual, Enhanced Resistances, Enhanced Senses, Limit Breaker, Immortality;
Abilities: Berserker, Evil Eyes, Undying Breath, Mind Shatter;
Blessings: Mind One;
Description: A type of demon that evolved from a beast race.]

I checked his status thoroughly, very thoroughly.

This dude is bad news! Really bad news! What's up with those traits and abilities? He too has this |immortality| trait. My gosh... Does it stop you from dying or something?

Fortunately, both of those demons were low on health and mana. On the other hand, Vorte was barely able to meet them halfway in terms of this power struggle.

That Vorte, truly a monster. I don't ever want to get on his bad side. Uhh... I want to help him but... It's like trying to intervene in a battle between gods. Ehh... I don't know about this but I have to do something! Courage. Bless me with courage to fight a thousand demons!

Unlike my battles with humans and alike, these folks had scary abilities and traits. I felt that if I wasn't careful, I might get cursed.

"The strawberry, ahem, star always arrives late!" I announced aloud while taunting them, "To invade my domain while I was asleep, face me, you worthless bottom feeders! I shall be your opponent!"

In a blink, two dots of light rushed in my direction.

"Oh crap, they're actually coming this way..." I said with a sulk.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this!

My newfound power wasn't a joke. To be frank, I was monstrous in my own way.

[Level 26 Celestial;
Species: Strawberry Pathfinder;
Physical: 362/362;
<Health: 362>
<Force: 723 (enhanced)(augmented)>
<Speed: 290 (enhanced)>
Spiritual: 689/689;
<Mana: 689>
<Mass: 597 (enhanced)(augmented)>
<Luck: 425 (enhanced)>
Traits: Bewitching, Coward Tactician, Creator, Void, Limit Breaker, Enhanced Sense, Enhanced Spiritual, Enhanced Resistances, Enhanced Physical;
Abilities: Hypnosis, Subspace, Creation, Celestial Eyes;
Blessings: Enchanted Fate, Forced Destiny;
Description: A divine being born from a strawberry plant.]

During the past few days, I was able to level up after grasping the fundamentals of my powers. Whoever thought I was only loitering around and did nothing must be mistaken! There was no way my mana density could simply shoot up that much if I just sat around and ate snacks.

With increased level and a celestial body, my ability to condense mana was increased a couple of notches. If I had to make a comparison, after passing the system's initial limit of 499, numerical increases no longer represented linear growth. Starting at 500, growth was multiplicative which meant the differences in power between 500 and 600 wasn't a 20 percent increase but could be up to 100 percent increase. This further demonstrated just how monstrous Vorte was even with disadvantageous numerical stats.

Vorte, you're like a god sent patron... I'd marry Smoothie to you when she's all grown up! But Smoothie wouldn't want that... And you're celibate, aren't you...? You must be! Sigh! Too bad! She's a good girl too.

The first limit is for base/enhanced stats and doesn't apply to augmentation. Also, I don't remember if it was mentioned before but certain traits can affect personality to some agree.

96