Chapter 31
632 4 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ling Feng looked at the dog following him. He wasn't against the idea of having a pet. After all, it was convenient having it around, especially now that he didn't have the boat around.

Some distance away from Lin Feng, a carriage powered by four horses was heading in Lin Feng's direction. The carriage was nothing fancy. From the way it was built, one could tell functionality was prioritized over comfort. Inside the carriage, a black-haired woman kept staring out of the window with vigilance. A trace of worry could be seen on her face if one were to pay attention to her.

"Miss, please don't worry, although this place is near the beast plane, only low-level beasts can be found around, nothing we can't handle."

A woman dressed in what appeared to be maid clothes spoke reassuringly.

The words seemed to have calmed down the lady as the worry in her face disappeared, though her vigilance was not reduced.

"How long until we arrive at the Zimen sect?"

The black-haired woman asked her maid.

"One day, young miss." The maid answered respectfully after considering the distance.

The black-haired woman heaved a tired sigh and continued looking outside the window. She started to remember the circumstances that had led her to her current predicament. She was Jin Yuanjun, daughter of the great Jin Wude, ruler of the Xudao starfield. Few people could compare to her status, and yet she was traveling on an old carriage?

The girl remembered her father's words that broke her image of him. Her father had set up an arranged marriage for her. This was not what riled her up as it was not strange for parents to set their children's marriages. What annoyed her was that her to be husband, was an infamous young master known for abusing his wives. Yes, he had about five hundred wives if the dead ones were omitted, he was quite the harem master.

She had tried to reason with her father, but he kept on demanding it was for the best for everyone. It was then that she decided to run away and seek shelter in the Zimen sect.

She knew her actions were futile as no one in the entirety of the Xudao Starfield rivaled her father, but what could she do? She was a drowning man clutching at a straw.

Suddenly, the carriage stopped abruptly, followed by the nervous neighing of the horses.

Jin Yuanjun stopped her thoughts and raised her vigilance to the max. She suspected the horses to have detected a beast. Her maid also had the same opinion. She equipped a slender sword and prepared for the worst.

Lin Feng was walking towards the nearest settlement when a horse-pulled carriage stopped in front of him. He could tell by the restlessness of the horse that they were nervous.

He didn't care about them as he had finally made contact with a human. He could finally ask for information.

"Pardon me, but do you guys know the nearest town?" Lin Feng asked the coachman, who was trying his best to settle the horses.

The coachman looked at him with an appraising gaze. From his clothes, the coachman could tell he was not a bandit, a normal bandit at least, he checked his cultivation base, but he could not determine it. This could only mean he was a mortal. After all, what self-respecting powerhouse would lower themselves to schemes to deal with weaker cultivators?

After coming to this conclusion, the coachman heaved a sigh of relief.

"Young miss, someone is asking for directions. How should I handle it?"

The coachman spoke to Jin Yuanjun using a sound transmission.

Jin Yuanjun was relieved after finding out it was not beasts or bandits that had stopped them. She stepped out of the carriage to see who it was. She was stunned by the boy's appearance. The boy had a handsome face that she didn't doubt was the bane of many marriages. His eyes threatened to suck her in if she stared for too long. All that, plus his mysterious aura, greatly captivated her inexperienced heart.

Lin Feng looked at the girl who stepped out of the carriage. Her silky black hair draped over her shoulders. She wore a purple dress that he could tell was carefully made. Ever since Lin Feng lost his virginity, a new interest crept into his mind. He looked at her chest and judged they were smaller than Mei Lin's.

The girl did not notice Lin Feng's gaze as the latter did it with the skill of a veteran despite it being something new to him.

"Young master, you can travel with us if you are going to the nearest town." Jin Yuanjun invited Lin Feng.

"Young miss..." The maid was against the idea, though the boy looked harmless. Who knew if he was a wolf in sheep's clothing? She, too, was captivated by his demeanor, but she still managed to keep her reasoning, so why was her young miss becoming too trusting?

"Don't worry. My intuition is never wrong." Jin Yuanjun said to her maid after seeing through her worries.

The maid didn't continue urging her as her life belonged to her young miss.

"I will have to be in your care." Lin Feng said to Jin Yuanjun. He didn't see any reason to reject their offer.

Jin Yuanjun was directing Lin Feng inside the carriage when she spotted a black dog with a white stripe running from its forehead to its tail.

"Young master, is this your pet?" Jin Yuanjun asked Lin Feng.

Lin Feng smiled bitterly. The dog refused to go away and kept on following him. He didn't want to chase it away as it had helped him get out of the forest.

Lin Feng nodded to the girl's question and proceeded to take a seat. The dog leaped and slept beside him without a care.

Jin Yuanjun sat on the opposite seat with the maid, and soon the carriage was back on its way.

"Young master, what is your name?"Jin Yuanjun asked Lin Feng.

"Lin Feng." He answered.

"I am Jin Yuanjun, and this is my maid Shao Zhu."

Lin Feng nodded while committing the names to his mind. Now that he thinks about it, the people he knew were less than ten. He added socializing with more people to his to-do list.

Jin Yuanjun looked at Lin Feng, and many thoughts raced through her mind, like, where did such a handsome boy come from? And what was he doing near the beast plane? She thought if she were to get married, she would rather be with the mortal in front of her. She thought of a life, just the two of them, living in a secluded house away from people until they pass away together.

Unable to contain her growing curiosity and unwilling to let the awkward silence continue, Jin Yuanjun decided to speak up by voicing a question.

"Young master Lin, what were you doing near the beast plane? Aren't you afraid of the beasts?"

From the girl's question, Lin Feng concluded the forest was called 'beast plane,' the girl's question surprised him as he had never encountered a dangerous beast.

"I just arrived on this star today and somehow ended up inside the forest." Lin Feng answered honestly.

"As for dangerous beasts, this little guy is all I encountered." Lin Feng continued while pointing at the dog lying beside him.

"You just arrived?" Jin Yuanjun was surprised by his answer. Since he was a mortal, how did he travel from another star to this one? As far as she knew, to travel between stars, one needed a special kind of flying boat that could endure the unpredictable space, and there was no way a mortal could acquire such a boat.

"How did you arrive at this star?" Jin Yuanjun asked him after she was unable to find a possible answer.

"I don't know how it happened." Lin Feng answered the girl. He didn't know how it happened. Maybe the voice would explain later.

Jin Yuanjun thought Lin Feng's answer was possible. Maybe he was kidnapped from his home star and abandoned near the beast plane for unknown reasons.

Jin Yuanjun suddenly thought of an idea. Since he was new to this star, she could help him out and use that chance to bond with him. She had forgotten she had her problems to worry about.

"What are you planning to do now? Since you don't know this star, where will you live?" Jin Yuanjun asked Lin Feng with anticipation.

Lin Feng didn't know how to answer her as he hadn't considered what he would do in this new environment. He knew he wasn't meeting soon with Mei Lin and Mu Lei, so he had to find something to keep him busy in the meantime.

[Master, you don't need to worry, I have already made arrangements for your stay.]

When Lin Feng was about to answer the girl, the voice that had remained silent for a while suddenly spoke up.

"Why are you helping me?"

[To fulfill your wish]

The answer surprised Lin Feng. It was indeed his wish to travel and find new things to do, but wasn't it too overboard to go to another star? And why was the voice helping him? Lin Feng decided to let the matter go as he didn't detect any malice from the voice.

[As expected of Master.]

The voice thought to itself secretly. It was according to reason that anyone would at least harbor some suspicions if a powerful voice that could seemingly do anything started to help out without any strings attached, but Lin Feng didn't have any suspicion.

Such was the pride of a powerhouse. Even if said powerhouse were unaware of their power, no human would start to consider the machinations of an ant. Such was the situation the voice was in.

[When will your will be done? I will wait for you, even if it takes an eternity. I will not shy away this time]

The voice spoke with visible resolve on its face. How could a voice have visible determination?

In the vast expanse filled with nothing but the dangerous chaos energy, a place where no universe existed or could exist unless the ancient one willed it, a humongous dark figure was sitting on an illusionary seat, from the vague features of the being? One could conclude it was female. The entity's body was made out of the dark chaos energy, her hair wildly fluttering in the non-existent wind.

Her eyes were closed, but no one would doubt she could see. This is because a third eye was wide open on the being's forehead. The aura coming out of the eye threatened to annihilate everything. Multiple images flashed through the eye at speeds that could not be comprehended.

She was sitting on her illusionary chair, multiple scenes running through her eye that threatened to bring nihility.

This being was none-other than the 'GREAT OBSERVER,' a weird name indeed but one that depicted her role perfectly. Nothing could escape her vision, the disgusting and embarrassing things people do behind closed doors, she has seen them all, what she would do with that knowledge remained unknown.

"When will you be done?" The great observer suddenly spoke. Her voice was strangely almost similar to the voice that was talking to Lin Feng. Her words were followed by inaudible words and a visible resolve on her face.

Sorry for the delay, well you know the drill it's time for a short review, don't be shy.

Join my Patreon for early access currently five chapters ahead, they will increase. Also my sincere thanks to Nathaniel for pledging as my first patron.

33