Chapter 33
583 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jin Yuanjun was shocked by the sudden teleportation. She didn't expect Lin Feng to be able to pull it off, considering he was a mortal. Even if he were a cultivator, she would still be shocked. Space law was not something anyone could pull off. Her father, as an example, a top powerhouse at the middle god realm, could never wish to comprehend space law. Saying he was not a genius was an insult to the old man as his status as a god realm cultivator already proves his heaven-shaking comprehension skills.

Yet a genius like him, with achievements to back, couldn't comprehend space law? This showed exactly how hard it was to comprehend the law. Numerous geniuses tried learning the law by studying space rings, but it was futile. The occurrence of space rings in itself was something they couldn't understand. It was a natural phenomenon. They could be found in caves, and as if the universe was playing a nasty prank on them, they occurred in multiple quantities. They were stuck in a dilemma of having fruit but lacking the ability to eat it.

Putting those thoughts aside, Jin Yuanjun looked at her current position. The area was covered with unnatural fog giving it a mysterious vibe. The unnatural fog seemed to be receding towards a particular direction.

Jin Yuanjun watched with anticipation. She had a developing curiosity about what would eventually be revealed after the fog completely dissipates.

Soon, her curiosity was satisfied. Standing before her was a structure that seemed different from the usual buildings she had seen. While most buildings she had seen were made from primarily stones and the roof from special mixtures of clay, the building in front of her was made from pure clay. If it were before, she would have doubted if the building could survive one of her strikes, but she learnt not to take things at face value after the recent events.

While Jin Yuanjun and her maid were still sizing up the house, Lin Feng, on the other hand, was having the same feelings he experienced when he first arrived at the small mountain.

Wasting no time, Lin Feng approached the house with the two girls following behind. He pushed the door gently. The door did not offer any resistance as it smoothly opened. Looking inside, Lin Feng was once again amazed. When he was viewing the house from outside, it looked tiny, barely able to contain ten adults. But looking at it now, his view changed. He didn't doubt if ten adults could fit inside at the same time.

The house itself looked more like a shop rather than a house, as big as it was, it was only one room, the room had a counter similar to the one Lin Feng had seen on the shops he visited, he looked further and saw shelves filled with books.

"It has been long since I last read a book."

Lin Feng commented as he approached the bookshelf. He picked a book and dusted it as it had gathered up dust from presumably sitting too long on the shelf.

The book had no title making Lin Feng wonder how lazy the author was for not writing a simple title.

He opened the first page, and what he read made his brows furrow. That was because the name Lin Feng was written beautifully in a handwriting he perfectly-recognized.

The handwriting was his. He would never fail to recognize how beautiful he shaped his letters. The only strange thing was when did he write a book?

"Did I write this and somehow forgot?"

Lin Feng thought to himself. The only problem was he was just a kid as far as he was concerned. But he did have to agree. A lot of weird things kept happening to him, so maybe there was more to the matter.

Lin Feng put the book aside and started checking the other books. All of them were the same as the first one, with no title and 'written by Lin Feng.'

There was no way this was a coincidence, someone named Lin Feng had the same handwriting as him, and he just happened to stumble upon the other party's work?

Lin Feng ruled out the possibility of someone else with the same name as him, leaving himself as the culprit, then when did he write the books?

He looked at the sheer number of books and concluded that a ridiculous amount of time was needed to write all the books entirely.

"Did I write them in one of my previous lives?"

That was the only possibility he could think of, and to confirm it, he decided to ask the voice.

"Who exactly are you?"

Lin Feng demanded an answer from the voice.

Hearing the stern question that demanded no lie, the voice answered.

[I am your servant]

"Who wrote these books?"

[You master.]

Having gotten the confirmation he needed, Lin Feng remained silent for a while as if contemplating something.

"Maybe I should read these books and slowly uncover this mystery."

Lin Feng muttered to himself, he had the choice of asking the voice to tell him everything, but that would be no fun.

Lin Feng put the book back on the shelf and decided to finish investigating the house. On the right side of the counter, a heavy black door stood.

The door aroused his curiosity as the house didn't seem to have any other room, according to him.

He approached the door and slowly opened it. Lin Feng was greeted by a blast of fresh air similar to the one in the small mountain. He inhaled the familiar air he had missed though he had been away from the small mountain in only a few days.

Lin Feng looked at the area the door had revealed and was surprised. There was no room. It was more of an open field.

The green vegetation accompanied by flowers of different types made the scene a sight to behold. He took a step forward and felt an instant connection with the place. He felt the area had become a part of him.

Jin Yuanjun and her maid followed behind silently. Behind them, the forgotten dog was also silently observing things. It was in its instincts to survey and mark the new territory to ensure other dogs or intruders understand this was a protected home.

Jin Yuanjun followed Lin Feng inside and her face showed just how surprised she was.

"Is this a separate space?"

Jin Yuanjun asked herself, the moment she stepped on the land, her connection to the star was severed.

Cultivators usually have a separate sense dedicated to sensing their connection to the universe. That's why when a star is facing a threat that has the potential of destroying it, cultivators always feel it. So it wasn't hard for her to deduce this was a separate space.

She looked at the vast land filled with a plethora of vegetation. Her sight was useless to determine the actual size of the area, so she used her divine sense to scan the area. Again it was useless. Her divine sense could cover a distance of one thousand li around her (500 km), but yet she could not determine the exact distance of this area?

She inhaled the air and was surprised by its richness in spiritual energy. She didn't doubt if she went on a secluded retreat here, her cultivation would increase by leaps and bounds.

While she was still thinking about the spiritual energy, she saw a white and black cloud forming at the bottom of Lin Feng's feet. The cloud was so bizarre, unlike what she was used to.

Normal clouds that cultivators use don't appear out of thin air. In fact, they are not clouds at all. They only impersonate clouds since that's where they live. They are usually a type of conscious object that cultivators need to hunt and subdue. Clouds are beneficial to cultivators since they don't need energy to keep them going, unlike flying swords and flying boats. Their only downside was it was hard to actually catch one, let alone make it subdued.

All that aside, how was Lin Feng doing this? Wasn't he supposed to be a mortal? Jin Yuanjun had been under the impression that all these things were not Lin Feng's doing but rather the old monster that he said was a 'voice' in his head.

"Are you guys coming?"

Lin Feng asked Jin Yuanjun and the others. When he felt a connection to this land, Lin Feng had the sudden idea that he could do anything he wanted in the area, so like a normal person, he conjured a cloud.

Jin Yuanjun walked on the cloud, followed by her maid and the little dog. Once they got on, the cloud made a rush to the skies and disappeared to nowhere in particular.

Jin Yuanjun was shocked by the speed of the cloud. Though she had already experienced the thrills of high-speed flying, this was beyond her comprehension.

What was more shocking, the speed only affected the two of them, her and her maid.

The dog had its large tongue out, fluttering wildly as if trying to savour the tasteless air. Its hair also obeyed the wind and danced wildly to its tune. Its tail shake was vigorous. Clearly, the dog was having its best moments. But why was a dog comfortable while she was not? Did the dog also contain mysteries?

Lin Feng, on the other hand, remained unperturbed by the wind. The flying boat was faster than this. This speed was pathetic.

As if Lin Feng's thoughts hurt the cloud's pride, the speed suddenly increased without warning making everyone except Lin Feng use their qi to avoid a fatal accident of falling off, even if Jin Yuanjun could fly, falling at such speeds would most likely be fatal in one way or another.

"Young master Lin, please, the speed is too high."

Jin Yuanjun used her qi to make her voice louder so that Lin Feng, who was in front, could hear.

Lin Feng heard her complaints and flashed her an apologetic smile. He didn't need to act as the cloud set up a barrier, which made the wind have no effect on them.

Now that the problem of potentially falling off was reduced, they could peacefully enjoy the view. The scenery above was what one would expect from a hidden land. The occasional waterfall was madly flowing down the cliff, splashing its waters on the rocks at the bottom, creating a mist that blocked anyone from peeping. A perfect place for a jade beauty to conveniently take a bath while the main character is visiting the area to wash off the excess blood after eradicating a sect from the face of the earth.

That aside, the birds flying across the waterfall gave Jin Yuanjun a shiver down her spine, were these random birds stronger than her? How powerful are the hidden dragons and crouching tigers?

Though things were getting out of hand, she wasn't panicking that Lin Feng was someone she didn't think he was. To her, he will always be him.

Lin Feng felt someone's gaze on her back. He turned around only to see Jin Yuanjun looking at him with a look Mei Lin used to give him secretly. If it were before, he would have ignored her and thought she was acting weird, but he almost instinctively recognized this look since he slept with Mei Lin.

"Is she probably interested in me?"

Lin Feng thought to himself, frankly speaking, the only reason she was here with him was that she helped him to arrive at the Zimen city and she asked if she could come with him. Lin Feng didn't think she was following him because she was interested in him. He wasn't against the idea of having multiple women for all he cared. Having them around would surely make his life more lively. Whether that was going to be good or bad, he didn't know.

Lin Feng snapped out of his thoughts. He concentrated on what had made him explore this land in the first place. He wanted to paint the area. Since, according to him, the scenery's beauty made it worthy for him to spend a little time drawing.

Lin Feng made the cloud that seemed to be following his thought command to land on a mountain top.

Lin Feng didn't explain his intention to the others. He took out his rice paper and paintbrush and immediately got to work. Slowly but surely, the vision in his mind was transformed into the painting. The mysterious waterfall was captured in all its glory. The beautiful trees seemed to be hiding an exciting story, but that's for another time.

Jin Yuanjun looked at the painting and nodded to herself, showing her high comprehension of the dao of painting. However, she still couldn't grasp what made the painting different from your everyday painting. Her maid, though had higher cultivation than Jin Yuanjun, she too was oblivious to the difference. As for the little dog, well, he was a dog. How was he supposed to know anything about paintings? That was asking too much from him.

Don't forget to 💜and comment. Visit my Patreon for early access, currently at chapter 38. Also my sincere thanks to my second patron Volker.

34