Chapter 40
475 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
press that 💜

As the immortal venerables were making their way to the forbidden land.Back in Lin Feng's current universe. In the light church, a flurry of activities noised the training hall.

*Tap**Tap**Tap*

Tapping sounds echoed throughout the church as soldiers marched into the battleship in front of them. The bright sunlight reflected on their golden armour creating a slight golden hue on the area.

"Hurry up! We don't have all day."

A commanding voice prompted the light soldiers to pick up their pace. In front of the boat, a lady adorned in golden armour stood, her posture oozing confidence. A steel helmet with wing-shaped sides fit perfectly on her head. On her upper arms, golden laces with intricate mountain patterns sit loosely under the shoulder plates with dragon heads at the end. Vambraces protected her lower arms with hidden weapons.

Her bountiful chest was protected by a golden mail that extended to her upper legs, while golden greaves and boots protected her lower legs.

This woman was Cui Hong, Mu Lei's greatest fan. As the last soldier entered the battleship, she dramatically turned and headed inside the boat, her light-white cloak with a blue hint dancing behind her.

Once everyone was inside the boats, the controllers started them and soon the sky had three more boats, their destination being the dark church branch.

Inside the leading boat, Cui Hong tried to act like the leader she was supposed to be. But her face could not hide the excitement she was trying to suppress. This was a time for her to do her part for the church. Just like her parents who died fighting for the church. Before the arrival of Mu Lei, all they did was pray to a light god who never bothered to be concerned with matters of the church.

So their faith in him was already diminishing. That's why it was easy for them to switch sides and be easily convinced by Mu Lei, who had both the power and presence the light god didn't have.

For a battle-crazed warrior like her, Mu Lei's act of defeating the light god, despite her lower cultivation, is what made her adore Mu Lei greatly. She had everything she could ever expect a leader to have.

While Cui Hong was engrossed in her thoughts, the boats finally arrived at their destination. Below them stood the dark church. Around it, a formation was set up whose sole purpose was to keep out the light they so much hated.

Cui Hong at the dark church below her, she wanted to order the light warriors to surround the area, but that would be impossible given the vastness of the dark church, that, plus it would be a poor choice for them to spread out before knowing the extent of their enemy power.

It didn't take long before their battleships were noticed. Three figures clad in black hoodies emerged from the darkness, their hands clasped behind their backs. Extreme arrogance and contempt could have been seen on their faces would the hoodies not have been covering them.

"State your business."

One of the hooded figures, the one at the front, spoke. He didn't bother to hide the contempt in his voice. They had already ascertained the boats belonged to the light church, but that didn't bother them as they didn't think the light church would dare attack them as that would lead to a full retaliation by the main branch. And that was not something they thought the light church would want.

"Where is your superior?"

A high-level light warrior stepped forward and asked neither humbly nor domineering.

The dark church members lost their overbearing posture for a moment. The light warrior was not putting them in his eyes, though they were nobodies in the dark church; right now, they were representing the church. Any action against them was a provocation to the dark church.

"Are you disregarding the power of the dark church?"

A female dark church member couldn't hold back her anger.

As the tension between the two groups was rising, the light warrior made his move. Swiftly and decisively, he attacked.

*Slash*

With a command, his qi, the sword covered with the blood of his enemy, was cleaned.

The remaining members of the dark church watched in horror, wasn't this supposed to be a short conversation like it always was? Why were heads suddenly flying?

"Can you now answer the question?"

The light warrior asked coldly. Though if one looked closely, one would determine that it was nothing other than an act. The light warrior was shaking. Although he killed with the decisiveness of a veteran, that was only due to them being convinced that killing the dark church member was a necessary evil. For their belief to be supreme, every other faith had to be abolished.

During training, they had been wired that they could only kill if the dark church refused to change their 'evil' ideals.

The dark church members cursed their luck. They were stuck between a rock and a hard place. On one hand, a murderous man was threatening them. On the other, if they agreed to his request. The dark church might consider them traitors, and traitors never had a good ending.

The light warrior seeing his question was not answered, unleashed his pressure on the two.

Delicate beads of sweat could be seen on the forehead of the two dark church members, their hoodies having blown away by the pressure. They knew a senior member of the dark church was watching the ordeal unfold, so they were not going to answer the question. They'd rather die in the hands of the light warrior than the seniors of the church.

"Enough."

An authoritative voice suddenly boomed, the dark church members heaved a sigh of relief as the pressure subjugated to them was finally relieved.

On the other hand, the roles reversed. The light warrior who was pressuring the dark church members was experiencing the same, if not worse.

He felt his heart touched by an invisible hand-like thing. It was then that he knew his life was not his. He gathered all his strength and turned his head towards the culprit.

A middle-aged man with short black hair tied loosely behind his back, his black robes were covered by a black cloak intricated by white patterns. What the light warrior found scary about the man was his extreme charisma. Though the man had his life on his hands, he couldn't hate him.

"Judging by your cultivation, you must have a high position."

At his time, the armoured Cui Hong stepped forward, the pressure of the man disappearing with her arrival. The light warrior stepped back. His job was done.

The man stared at Cui Hong, his eyes sneakily scanning her body before an innocent smile appeared on his face.

"The name is Tian Longwe. What about you?"

Tian Longwei said politely.

"I will assume that as a confirmation."

Cui Hong didn't want to waste time. She knew the man was the type always to like things to flow in his direction so she wouldn't give him the satisfaction.

"Now, on behalf of the great emissary of light, you're given a choice. Surrender or die."

Cui Hong used a sound technique and ensured her decree was heard by everyone that was below.

Tian Longwei was visibly annoyed by Cui Hong's blatantly ignoring him, but that aside. Wasn't her actions akin to declaring war against the dark church? In the past, though they were enemies, they never battled in the open. In the eyes of the public, they were two churches that shared a different ideology.

For a moment, Tian Longwei didn't know how to handle the situation. Fastly, he wasn't supposed to be here. He was a powerful cultivator with first-order saint cultivation, so his position was higher than that of a mere branch. He had made a stop because he liked seeing the weak cultivators flurry around to get to his good side. His indecisiveness only lasted for a while before he made up his mind.

"The dark church is not something you can bully."

Tian Longwei said with resolve. He knew no words from him could negotiate a safe approach.

"Does he speak for you all?"

Cui Hong asked, her gaze peering through the dark mist that did nothing to obscure her vision.

The members of the dark church hidden in the mist felt like a predator was sizing them up, a shiver ran up their spines, but their loyalty to the dark church was not to be questioned.

They said nothing, but their silence spoke volumes of their intentions.

Cui Hong didn't miss this with a sigh. Her expression changed. Before, she looked like a supreme judge, judging mortals who were helpless on the environment and conditions they found themselves in, but now she turned into an executioner.

Her violent aura spread all over the place, making Tian Longwei step back. The dark church members questioned if their choice was the right call.

With a swift motion, Cui Hong unsheathed her sword. Tian Longwei felt the sharpness of the blade as he felt his aura being cut.

As if on cue, the battleships behind Cui Hong quickly positioned themselves around the dark church.

This marks the end for volume one and with that, I'll be going on a short one week break. Mostly it's to stockpile chapters.

If you wish to support my work visit my Patreon for early access.

19