Chapter 11
168 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Noon the next day, Kade woke up.

 

He quietly got up, and saw Anna still sound asleep on one side of the bed. Her sleeping posture was very graceful, eyelashes slightly trembling--looking so peaceful and beautiful.

 

After looking at Anna for a short time, he drew his attention back and quickly got cleaned without disturbing the peacefully sleeping young Half-elf girl. He quickly wrote a note, saying that he had some preparations, and left it on the table, before leaving the room.

 

Kade left the Black Horn Eagle Inn and went to the market to find the same blacksmith as last time. He bought a large two-handed broadsword and tied the strap, slinging it over his back, he also bought a spare dagger.

 

Experienced Adventurers knew that they needed an extra weapon, to be able to defend themselves in an unexpected situation.

 

He then took a trip to the slums in the Northeast, where there were quite a lot of beggars who would do anything for a few silver, as well as many informants. He needed their help in his upcoming operation.

 

Kade returned from the slums with 30 less silvers, the last thing that he did before returning to the Inn was buy some food and other necessities from a nearby grocery store.

 

When he got back to the room, Anna was awake. She was rubbing her sleepy eyes, somewhat surprised to see the large number of things that Kade was carrying, “Young Master Kade, are we really going against the Acheron Gang? After all, there are only two of us.”

 

Anna wasn’t afraid for herself--she was only worried that something would happen to Kade.

 

Kade handed her a piece of freshly baked, buttered, bread, whispering, “We won’t be alone. This city darker than we thought, it seems that our initial appeal for help was also a mistake. Eat first. Once you are done eating, I need you to go to the countryside.”

 

Anna was surprised, pausing for a second before responding, “To the countryside?”

 

“Green Village and Fog Village. Andre and the other Young Guards are probably already having trouble holding back.” Kade stood by the window, watching the unending flow of people on the street as he spoke.

 

“How do you know?” Anna was even more shocked.

 

“I saw it. That day, Andre stealthily entered the City looking for you. His idea was to use the strength of the Young Guards to take back my territory.” Kade shook his head, “It’s a pity that you still thought that City Hall would help at that time, so you convinced him to wait, right?”

 

Anna’s eyes flashed, “Young Master Kade, I understand your idea. If the Young Guards could come, the Acheron Gan naturally wouldn’t be their opponents. It’s just that--Rivershore City won’t allow them to enter with their equipment.”

 

Have them disguise themselves and sneak into Rivershore City. As for the weapons, I’ll think of a way.” Kade casually grabbed a piece of bread and took a bite, “I give you ten days. Ten days later, I would like to see the full garrison of the Young Guards, all twenty Elite Guard, standing before me.”

 

Anna felt excited, heat rising in her face.

 

Kade displayed incredible boldness, it was really outstanding. To dare to gather his own private guards inside Rivershore City, even if he was a noble, it could be considered provocation towards the Rivershore City Lord.

 

But this side of Kade allowed Anna to see a glimmer of hope.

 

Kade was different now, having undergone an astonishing transformation. Even Anna couldn’t see through the youth that she had served since he was a child.

 

“But, when I leave…” Anna looked at Kade, her eyes staring at his face, her tone hesitant.

 

“I’ll hide in this Inn. You should also believe in my current abilities. As long as they aren’t of the 2nd Rank, I can handle them.” Kade spoke with a confident smile, “Go! I await your good news.”

 

***

That afternoon, disguised as a country woman, Anna left Rivershore City alone, heading south.

 

Because she was shouldering Kade’s mission, and the hope of his territory, her speed was faster than usual.

 

As Kade watched her leave, he suddenly showed a faint smile--a smile containing dense Killing Intent.

 

Sending Anna away served two purposes. First, he really needed the strength of that garrison of elite guards. The second was he wanted to kill tonight, but he didn’t wish for Anna to be in danger--only then could he display his full strength.

 

Kade wasn’t just showing off, he knew when it was time for him to act alone, and when he should allocate his forces. The reason that he had sent Anna to the countryside earlier was to dispatch the Young Guard to help protect the villagers.

 

After White River Valley got occupied, a large number of civilians ran away to take refuge in the mountains, Green Village, Fog Village, and near Disk Water Lake. All of these places were parts of Kade’s territory, but they were all far away from the main castle and castle town, so the Gnolls didn’t attack them.

 

Because of some rules of Rivershore City, Kade could only enter with his maid to ask for help--his Elite Guard had to stay behind.

 

Those young guys had already been barely able to wait, and wanted to kill their way back into their territory, they were only waiting on Kade’s orders.

 

However, Kade knew that there was more than one person behind the Gnoll invasion. Before he could move back into his territory, he had to figure out who was targeting him; it would have to be more than his Uncle Miller…because that man had no way of controlling an army of Gnolls.

 

In short, everything should be clear after tonight.

 

***

 

Nightfall, between the setting of the sun and Rivershore City’s curfew, was the time when the sinister powers ruling the shadows of the city became the most active.

 

Every major gang accountants would begin tallying the day’s profits, and a few novice Thieves would be beaten by their handlers for not completing their daily quota. Soon, they would learn through pain to improve their Skills.

 

Gorgeously, and scantily, dressed prostitutes would stand at the entrances to the alleys that  lead off the main street.

 

***

 

Pyroxene Pub, backyard cellar.

 

The dim light of the candle shone on the exposed skin of the dancing women, their lithe movements accentuating the swaying of their large breasts and plump butts. Two men were sitting together on a tiger-skin sofa, secretly plotting and laughing wickedly.

 

“Young Master Famar, I specifically found women who fit your tastes today. Now, please, enjoy yourself.” A tall man spoke, pointing to one of the dancers with exaggerated curves.

 

The tall man who had spoken about the girl had a ruthless look on his face and narrow eyes, a thick scar ran between his heavy eyebrows.

 

The other had a short build and a wretched look, with heavy bags under his bloodshot eyes, his nose was red and veiny, he had the look of a man who drank wine all the time.

 

“Good! Mister Diapheis, as long as you get rid of that trash, I’ll go back and say something to my father, making sure that he increases your payment.” The short man, Farmar, said.

 

Diapheis spoke in a calm tone, “Many thanks, Young Master Farmar. That little kid, Kade, won’t be able to escape our grasp. We already sent a team to hunt him down, so his corpse should be discovered floating in the Pine Cone River soon.”

 

“At that time, White River Valley will finally belong to my father!” Farmar continued with a fierce grin, “Jean and his son unjustly ruled my father’s territory for too long, it’s time for us to get our things back!”

 

“Of course,” Diapheis laughed, “The price demanded by that group of Gnolls wasn’t very high; we have already dispatched the previsions. After Kade dies, everything will be fine.”

 

The two men laughed wickedly, when suddenly, a black clothed man hurriedly walked in. He crouched down and whispered into Diapheis’ ear.

 

Diapheis’ expression didn’t change after hearing the report, “Have two teams take the trip. Such a trivial matter still needs my attention?”

 

The black clothed man apologized and bowed before quickly leaving the room.

 

Just as Diapheis was about to continue his conversation, Farmar suddenly got up and rushed onto the stage, scaring the dancers away. Only the curvy lady with blonde hair was left behind, a confused expression covering her heavily made up face.

 

Farmar embraced her and dragged her into a small side room.

 

The dancer struggled, and spoke in a frightened voice, “Sir Diapheis, when you recruited me, you definitely said that I would only have to dance?!”

 

Diapheis shrugged and responded indifferently, “Sorry, plans change.”

 

Bang!

 

The door to the small room was firmly closed. The frightened voice of the dancer, followed by screams could be heard--along with Farmar’s cruel laughter.

 

***

Diapheis frowned, sitting back with a grave expression.

 

Our first team has already been gone for over a day. How come there’s no news? What’s going on?

 

At that time, the black clothed man return. After making sure that nobody was nearby, he whispered, “I have two pieces of bad news. The first of which is that our team has been found dead in a grove on the banks of the Pine Cone River. The enemy used a dagger or shortsword to decapitate them all, the killer was very skilled.”

 

Diapheis frowned.

 

“Second, our warehouse in the dock area was set on fire and a fight broke out in a casino in the east. The people who usually keep the back alleys under control, didn’t come.”

 

Diapheis glared, “Someone seems to be secretly picking a fight with us?”

 

“It might be the Azure Snake, or White Peacock people.” The black clothed man added in a worried tone, “We expanded quite quickly lately, enough to arouse their enmity.

 

“No matter who it is, Acheron’s rise to power is already set in stone.” Diapheis suddenly stood up from the couch, “Send three teams to check on the disturbances and kill all of those who are causing trouble.”

 

“But in that case, there would only be two teams left here, along with some average members.” The black clothed man said.

 

“Who would be afraid? I am here!” Diapheis walked over to one of the walls and picked up a huge axe that was leaning against it.

 

At that time, another underling suddenly rushed down from the floor above, “Boss! Someone is causing trouble above, he has killed a lot of men!”

 

“How many enemies are there?!” The black clothed man asked in a loud voice.

 

The underling swallowed, looking terrified, “…One!”

6